• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DCEU slate revealed at Comic Con

ArmGunar

Flashpoint is the best possible concept for a solo movie

What do you want, him fighting Captain Cold's lame ass? Watch the show for that

100% agree

And the possibility to be creative with a Flashpoint is mind-blowing, they can do what they want to surprise us

bman94

FFS, why even bother building up this "cinematic universe" just to throw Flashpoint ib there and fuck everything up? Why can't DC get their shit together?

Slaythe

DFbO246WsAEHSTl.jpg:large

Superman pls

crying-man.gif

bman94

This is them "getting their shit together" and throwing out the shit that wasn't working.

I'm just aggravated DC rushed all this shit out and put themselves in a corner. And the fact that they built this whole cinematic universe on a mediocre movie just shows their incompetence right now.

As a DC fan I wish they just took the time and got it right the first time rather than jumping on the reboot train that quick.

CryptiK

DC fucked themselves into a corner by casting older people. Hopefully Flashpoint fixes this. Flash, WW and Aquaman can stay. Fuck Cyborg off he looks like literal trash and bring in Martian Manhunter.

Given it appears Ben will be staying on, and there's no way they'd ditch the success of Gal, I bet the only thing that changes is superman. Post-flashpoint he saved his dad, grew up happier. Problem solved?

Azuran

Banned
lmao Flashpoint so soon is a joke. This is what happens when you let a no-talent hack such ad Zack Snyder be the base of your universe.

duckroll

So erm, what happened in the OP? Like, I just see a bunch of titles, no details, not dates, nothing? Shouldn't it have been updated by now? What happened at the panel? There isn't even a link to an article!

Pharaun

Just for lols I want CW Barry to show up in Flashpoint and tell movie Barry to not be an idiot like he was because it doesn't end well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
then why even start there?

bringing lex sr back to life, recast to young batman, rethink joker.... this could be a gift to the dceu

it might change some stuff, but it's not going to be a full on hard reboot. at beast some roles my be recasted (Lex) and some characters might behave differently but that's it.

gabbo

Flashpoint will not be changing anything.
I dont see why people are so unhappy/against the idea/think it won't happen. This is Warner Bros' built in "the Doctor regenerates when he dies" way to allow them to recast and not have to worry about actors leaving or dying and having to explain it.

They'll probably do it again with a Crisis on Infinite Earths in 5-10 years after Flashpoint just to keep things fresh

Keym

So erm, what happened in the OP? Like, I just see a bunch of titles, no details, not dates, nothing? Shouldn't it have been updated by now? What happened at the panel? There isn't even a link to an article!
Barry already messing with the timelines.

Azzanadra

Flashpoint is a good sign. Hopefully it'll lead to a universe wide reboot where we'll finally get a Batman who doesn't go around murdering and mutilating criminals and a Superman who's actually cheerful and charismatic, in addition to creating a new universe which is noticeably more optimistic and colourful in general.

I mean, it probably won't happen, but still.

Why do you want it to be exactly like the MCU though? I'm honestly sick of the "cheery" and "colourful" aesthetic of the MCU, just look at this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409869

By being so cheery (with an increasingly annoying emphasis on quips) all the time, combined with the fact that the MCU is an assembly line product designed to maximize revenue from merch, have honestly make this movies to be devoid of any heart, soul or artistic direction. Say what you will about Wonder Woman, but that movie had heart- and for all their flaws, Man of Steel as well as BvS had artistic vision and a message to relay.

I dont know if Flashpoint will change anything major, but i think the letter Barry gives Bruce from Thomas will have something in it about Gotham needing a batman and one day he will need to pass the cowl on.

ericexpo

Wouldn't flashpoint only work if the audience has an understanding of the universe and characters that exist? It's going to be super hard to have aquaman be evil king when you only saw him in one movie

J_Viper

Wrote this in the DC thread but I'll cross-post it here

I don't understand how Flashpoint would result in a new Batman

I think it's more than likely Ben sticks around for Reeves' Batman. That movie will be out before Flashpoint.

So would a Batman 2 feature a younger actor in the middle of Reeves supposed trilogy?

And where does that leave Batman in JL2. If JL hits that big money, WB will surely want a sequel asap. Maybe that is one of the scheduled 2020 dates?

Does that mean a JL sequel would also feature a new Batman?

They're in a strange spot really.

Best case scenario, Ben cleans up his act, and follows the Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise regiment to stay fit in his fifties.

Worst case, us Batman fans are in for some confusion

Blader

There were no details or dates. All they showed was titles and logos.

Afrodium

Banned
The interesting thing about introducing Flashpoint relatively early into the universe is that it establishes continuity altering events in the DCEU. Given that Crisis books and other events (Flashpoint, Zero Hour) are core to the overall DC mythos it would be really cool to see the DCEU take this approach to smoothing out the wrinkles in long form storytelling. It's a way to re-cast in continuity, and it's also maximum comic book and it would be wild to see it happening in a big movie franchise.

MisterHero

Wouldn't flashpoint only work if the audience has an understanding of the universe and characters that exist? It's going to be super hard to have aquaman be evil king when you only saw him in one movie
Not really. There's some simple morality reversals and Reverse Flash is there to pretend Barry didn't screw everything up on his own.

Even though I liked the Superman tie-in to the event, I don't want to see it on screen. I don't want reboots to be a thing. X-Men did it once and that was okay. As someone who's watched all these movies, none of them has shit the bed as actual comic books have. I'm more interested in seeing the movies undo problems with good writing.

Why do you want it to be exactly like the MCU though? I'm honestly sick of the "cheery" and "colourful" aesthetic of the MCU, just look at this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409869

By being so cheery (with an increasingly annoying emphasis on quips) all the time, combined with the fact that the MCU is an assembly line product designed to maximize revenue from merch, have honestly make this movies to be devoid of any heart, soul or artistic direction. Say what you will about Wonder Woman, but that movie had heart- and for all their flaws, Man of Steel as well as BvS had artistic vision and a message to relay.
Lol that you can say the bolded when DC has rushed their film slate to get to Justice League, has an uneven track record at best, and has titles announced without leads, directors, even synopsis. Cheery and colorful is not the problem here.

It's also very telling that there's no Justice League 2 on that slate. (Also, I don't believe Flashpoint will DoFP-reboot the universe. That's too wishful.)

deo

Banned
Why wont they just reset the universe? Every film in the new DCEU so far with Wonder Woman as an exception has totally blowed...

Pluto

Flashpoint has to end with Barry returning to a changed DCEU where the sun shines, Superman smiles and inspires people and the Justice League consists Flash, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Canary.
Aquaman is still around but not an official member, Cyborg doesn't exist.

So much Doom and gloom in this thread, Flashpoint paradox style flash movie is a goldmine for DC/WB

Zero fucks wonderwoman
Zero fucks Aquaman
Zero fucks Crusty bat dad
Female joker
Massive ensemble cast, heros + villains

All out war across earth

I think that's an easy billion dollars to be made...

Top Bottom