• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Gameplay

Wait, so two abilities plus your movement stuff, or only one ability at a time plus your movement power? I was hoping for at least 3 "Active" powers at a time ala Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, but it doesn't look like that's the case...

Fezan

I will be honest here. This looks like more serious borderlands or Mass effect 3 co-op campaign in first person.

I love Bungie halo but never enjoyed any co-op games(borderland 2, l4d or payday series ) so my hype has currently deflated

Boke1879

It's a Bungie game. I'm sold. Gameplay and everything looks very solid. Got huge Halo vibes. Yea.. I can see myself putting alot of hours into this.

The enemies looked extremely easy to kill

Maybe due to it being press gameplay

The guns need more oomph though

The shotgun is good

Hope their is a lot of vechiles variety

Ghost23

Wow that was really.....underwhelming. It looked like Borderlands with a slightly different paint job. The movement and weapons look like they are just straight out of Halo. It didn't help that they showed Old Russia again. I was expecting a little more.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
After watching it I am disappointed. Left me feeling really Meh.

Sai-kun

Banned
Eh. I really need to get my hands on this to decide whether or not I can really get hyped. I mean, I'm on the train because Bungie, but watching the gameplay video didn't do much for me. :/

Prine

Banned
Tough one, initial impressions it looked really boring, music was mediocre. Didn't like the back and forth switching from 1st to 3rd person. Didn't like borderlands but only interested in this because it's Bungie.

Aaron

So we've gone from Halo AI to enemies that just stand there and die? And out of all the things to show, they chose the lame 'locked in an arena so here comes waves of enemies' cliche? I want this game to be good and a new experience, but this footage didn't fill me with confidence. Pretty though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
[Hype intensifies]

Destiny is going to be Bungie's birthday present to me.

A day early but that's OK.

LuuKyK

Looks like a prettier Borderlands. Not really feeling it to be honest, it seemed so boring in this video... and I was hyped for it.

Btw, the music is great but it is kinda way too epic to be music-for-killing-common-enemy-waves, so it feels out of place.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Looks okay. Bit too slow for my liking and didn't see any bits of Halo where you have to plan what to do or make use of weapon combos.
Horde mode defense as a showcase is eh. Give me the more open stuff!

Need to know more info about how MP works and what direction they are taking with the loot/gun/ability balance.

ryan299

Still looks like a mix of Halo and Borderlands. I think that has a lot of potential. Thing I saw in the footage, that I didn't like, was when they were killing the enemies didn't look like any loot was dropped. Seems like loot only drops when you kill a 'boss'. If thats how it works in the final game then I think its a failure.

Raptor

Why is it worrying?

To me it is since gore and blood is part of the gunplay feeback satisfaction, they weren't fighting robots that only explode in sparks like vanquish, this are aliens, organic enemies, blood should have been present, when the player started using the shotgun blastin g enemies back the lack of anything resembling blood was a huge letdown for me.

-MD-

It looks decent, it's not doing anything new though.

Looks like Borderlands set in a new universe basically.

Camp Lo

Banned
So is this like Borderlands or Halo.. or both? I couldn't even make it through the entire video, it just looks so sterile and boring. I guess I'll wait till E3.

I hope it's not those games with a lot of IAP and micro transactions.

Other than that fear I have, that video looked great and fun and I'm sad that I don't have a time machine to play this game right now.

I envy my future self :p

Not really hyped from the video, anyway. Looks fine and enemy behavior and gunplay definitely seems familiar. Best thing I can say that impressed me was the quick transition from first to third person view for the feedback on buffs or special attacks or whatever was going on there. Could get a little confusing, but I'm sure they've playtested it to death to avoid that in a big firefight. Need a better overall look at the gameplay instead of just some mission before I can feel sure about it, but it looks high quality. Looks like it's going to be the big co-op game this year, that's for sure.

Gestault

Going from 1st to 3rd person in an FPS game during movement based gameplay is bad bad clutch based game design.

It seemed a little on the arbitrary side to me too, with what they showed here at least. It didn't really visually convey speed or power any better (or aid in player awareness). I'm wondering if higher level "spells" will give it more impact?

mcrommert

Banned
Bungie why? I have never been so bored watching a game video. This game is like halo with magic with all the fun sucked out of it. Seriously go watch some halo 3 gameplay and than this...and this is campaign???

Trevelyon

Yup, Bungie still do ridiculously awesome skyboxes. But graphically Destiny still doesn't light my world on fire. Still hyped as all fuck for the PS4 beta.

Silly there are no damage numbers, makes upgrading your gear a bit meaningless...

Would like XP to flash up and an XP bar aswell in a perfect World.

Looks very good though overall.

Bsigg12

Watch the Eurogamer video. It has a little snippet of the character creator and some b-roll different from the official video.

So we've gone from Halo AI to enemies that just stand there and die? And out of all the things to show, they chose the lame 'locked in an arena so here comes waves of enemies' cliche? I want this game to be good and a new experience, but this footage didn't fill me with confidence. Pretty though.
Felt the same way

Hope we get some different variety footage

The moon trailer and the E3 footage where more exciting

Wow that was really.....underwhelming. It looked like Borderlands with a slightly different paint job. The movement and weapons look like they are just straight out of Halo. It didn't help that they showed Old Russia again. I was expecting a little more.

Yep.

Gunplay looks stale except for the shotgun, the other guns just seem really lacking. Sound like a bunch of plasma rifle/energy weapons, boring.

I wouldn't have used that gameplay video if it was me, really took quite a lot of the hype out for me. While it may be a low level area or w/e, it looked extremely easy. Where are the enemies and the frantic gameplay.

Looks good, but I agree with others that it's nothing astounding. The gameplay looks straight up Halo with a few extra bells and whistles. I'm disappointed with the music.

BraXzy

I was underwhelmed too. I'm yet to go wow whilst viewing anything so hopefully we will see some stuff that's really mind blowing. I really want to love this but I'm not feeling it yet :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it looks cool, but I'm still not crazy hyped. I'm thinking of this as Borderlands 3, which is exciting, but not to the degree that it should be considering this is the studio that made Halo. But oh well, I'm sure I'll like it a lot.

Well i never played Borderlands, Wont get to play Halo as switched, Have friends, So all in all this game is for me. Think we'll get the beta after e3, Cant judge a game fully by a gameplay vid, We'll all be playing the game differently anyway. Biggest game of the year for me, I liked the smoothness of it, Shooting mechanics, Sound was probably not the most standout but ahh well.

vpance

Corridor style closed environment FPS gameplay is always boring to watch, and play, I guess. Not seeing the kando yet.

mcrommert

Banned
I think it will work this way. Those who owned an xbox 360 will be bored because we played the snot out of this game. Those who owned a ps3 will be excited if they haven't play a lot of halo.

Top Bottom