• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DKC: Tropical Freeze Info (1080p confirmed, Soundtrack 100% David Wise)

From Gamexplain's Twitter:

Random facts about DKC: Tropical Freeze: 1080p, David Wise composed the entire soundtrack, and Funky runs the item shop

Seems there are new impressions too from a recent event:

GameXplain: http://youtu.be/k_VQOsJpAd0 (new gameplay included)
Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/18/5201940/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze
GamesRadar: http://www.gamesradar.com/cranky-kongs-still-got-it-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/
GameSpot: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wrestling-with-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/1100-6416779/

Gameplay Videos:

Homecoming-Hijinksl
Scorch n Torch

I'll add more as they're posted

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds good to me.
I feel like it really aught to be 1080p/60 considering how it looks, though. It's nice but it's not pushing the hardware.

Joqu

1080p native would explain the slightly disappointing graphics. In fact I'd say the game looks damn good if true.

I haven't been following WiiU news really b/c I'm not grabbing one until next March/April. Is this a completely new game or a remixed version of the game that came out for Wii?

I hope it also features some soothingtunes like the SNES DKCs had.

Aquatic Ambience
Stickerbush Symphony
Forest Interlude

Classics. I still hear them to chill out nowadays.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What they showed in the Nintendo Direct looked really nice. If it is 1080p 60 fps even better. Platforming heaven.

1080p/60 would certainly explain why it doesn't look that much better than DKCR running in Dolphin. SSB doesn't look like as big an improvement over Brawl as one would expect, either (it's clean and noticeably more detailed, but it's clearly not doing a lot with shaders or lighting).

Zalman

This isn't too surprising, but I'm sure a lot of people would like confirmation: The game supports the Pro Controller.

I wonder if this is actual 1080p or if this is one of those "I asked a representative and got told that the Wii U will display it in 1080p on a 1080p display" things. Because AFAIK, none of the videos or screenshots released so far have been in 1080.

fake edit: huh, the latest trailer on youtube is in 1080, but at youtube's quality i can't tell if it's native or not

Hiltz

Wow, I didn't expect Mr. Wise would be composing the whole soundtrack. I sure hope there's some new memorable tunes that can rival the ones in the original DKC trilogy.

Mariolee

I wonder if this is actual 1080p or if this is one of those "I asked a representative and got told that the Wii U will display it in 1080p on a 1080p display" things. Because AFAIK, none of the videos or screenshots released so far have been in 1080.

fake edit: huh, the latest trailer on youtube is in 1080, but at youtube's quality i can't tell if it's native or not

Willing to bet it's native. 1080p and 60FPS are the few things Nintendo can flaunt technically with the Wii U and flaunt they shall.

Native 1080p was what might have pushed me over the edge to get this. I'm seriously considering buying this now, but at the same time I don't want to spend $60 on it. I'm not the biggest Donkey Kong fan even though I enjoyed the SNES games and thought DK64 was decent. If it bombs and goes on sale for $30 I'd definitely pick it up.

Gleethor

Native 1080p was what might have pushed me over the edge to get this. I'm seriously considering buying this now, but at the same time I don't want to spend $60 on it. I'm not the biggest Donkey Kong fan even though I enjoyed the SNES games and thought DK64 was decent. If it bombs and goes on sale for $30 I'd definitely pick it up.

Lucky for you it's actually $50.

Ooccoo

So the game has everything DKC fans ever wanted

- Cranky
- Funky
- Cool levels
- DAVID WISE
- 60 fps
- 1080p
- Coop

BUT WHERE ARE THE KREMLINS?! I'll never forgive Retro for that. The monsters look like SHIT.

Just check the bees in the new trailer compared to that mother fucker:

Rf1KHrV.png

Top Bottom