• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsigg12

Yeah, a metric fuckton of scalpers' tickets available too, many in groups of 8.

I'm kind of a newbie to getting live tickets, but it's pretty obvious how sweet a deal this is for both the venue AND scalpers. Seems like a starkly defined ecosystem and I'm not sure why it would ever change at this point.

Yea. It's a fucking disaster for us fans who just want a few tickets.

A-V-B

Yea. It's a fucking disaster for us fans who just want a few tickets.

And considering there's no limit to the sessions you can run, there must be entire scalper groups running hundreds or even thousands of coordinated sessions and scooping them all up in one swift movement. Venue sales aren't for little people like us unless you're just extraordinarily lucky.

Seattle sold out within five minutes of going up. RIP

While I'm not exactly happy with how much I paid (especially in Canadian dollars, fuck), I bought tickets in the lower bowl.

HYYYYYYYYYYPE

Balls. How do you find out where? I'm in pretty central London

Start the app, and look around your room until you find the floating mirror/window thing. That'll help you find the nearest listening location.

Nearest one to me is 90 minutes away by car, so I'll pass.

Seattle sold out within five minutes of going up. RIP

While I'm not exactly happy with how much I paid (especially in Canadian dollars, fuck), I bought tickets in the lower bowl.

HYYYYYYYYYYPE

I feel lucky to have gotten a pair of tickets during yesterday's presale for under $140 total. Granted, still have to pay for a hotel that night, and deal with the 4.5-hour drive each way up to Seattle, but I've never seen Gorillaz live, despite having been a fan since the first album came out.

So it'll be great.

Nakazato

I feel lucky to have gotten a pair of tickets during yesterday's presale for under $140 total. Granted, still have to pay for a hotel that night, and deal with the 4.5-hour drive each way up to Seattle, but I've never seen Gorillaz live, despite having been a fan since the first album came out.

So it'll be great.

That's me as well

Morat

Banned

So it'll be great.

Nice one mate. Im hoping for a UK tour eventually, but i doubt the tickets will be even that reasonable!

So it'll be great.

Same! I missed out when they came to Vancouver back in 2010, so when my friend asked if I wanted to go, I was immediately down. I've got 5-ish months to save up for the rest of this trip, so that gives me plenty of time to plan out everything.

Blader

So it'll be great.

For sure. Last year I spent about $400 on a pair of tickets (each!) to see Radiohead. That's an absurd amount of money to spend on a concert, but they're my favorite band and I'd never seen them before (and given how infrequently they seem to be touring, who knows if/when I'll see them again).

Paying out the ass and traveling across states just to see a show is a pain, but the expenses are only temporary. You get the memories for life.

DarkKyo

There's a rip out there now of the House Party but it's still not CDQ. Better than the earlier one though.

I've been waiting for a better quality rip to listen for the first time, is it worth it yet or should I keep waiting? I'm not an audiophile but the vinyl rip from a couple days ago sounded bad to me(so I stopped after one song). Is this one good enough to hear for the first time?

hughesta

Banned
I've been waiting for a better quality rip to listen for the first time, is it worth it yet or should I keep waiting? I'm not an audiophile but the vinyl rip from a couple days ago sounded bad to me(so I stopped after one song). Is this one good enough to hear for the first time?
I'd say so!

Had a friend help me get tickets to the Detroit show while driving to Cincinnati. She was refreshing the app while I drove, and then I pulled over to the side of the road when she saw they were available. They're resale tickets through Ticketmaster, but are in a relatively center area of the floor. Super psyched!

Lucent

Been listening to that, too. The total file size was pretty low. Like 140-150mb. Feels like it might be holding the music back. Maybe my ear buds were broke but I only heard it come out the right ear bud. Momentz sounds great in the car, though. Can't wait to get my actual copy. I hope they release a full live performance DVD/Bluray like they did with Demon Days Live.

JMizzlin

Just hit up a listening party. Momentz is the song of the album imo. Absolutely brilliant. Hallelujah Money makes a lot more sense in the context of the album.

Hopefully, someone has some experience with this as I'm not sure what is going on.

Bought my tickets for the Toronto Show off of Nation Ticket's site and now I have an email from My Ticket Tracker asking me to send picture ID to verify my identity as they had issues doing so during checkout?

I successfully paid for the ticket and checked out but me, as well as three others that got tickets, received the same e-mail.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hopefully, someone has some experience with this as I'm not sure what is going on.

Bought my tickets for the Toronto Show off of Nation Ticket's site and now I have an email from My Ticket Tracker asking me to send picture ID to verify my identity as they had issues doing so during checkout?

I successfully paid for the ticket and checked out but me, as well as three others that got tickets, received the same e-mail.

Don't support the scalpers :(

Tempted to take the train to Sydney to participate in both the March for Science and listen to the album at the park only a hundred odd metres away from it 😁 Might do so.

isny

napkin dispenser
Toronto is getting VIP tickets with the general sale tomorrow at 10. What did the VIP tickets for the other venues end up running? $200ish?

Blader

What I want to know is, if I buy a ticket second hand is there anyway I can get it turned into a physical copy.

Only if the reseller is selling a physical copy. And forewarning, if a second-hand ticket is being listed as something that will be mailed to you (as opposed to instant download e-ticket), it might just be the print out of an e-ticket, and not the real paper ticket.

Toronto is getting VIP tickets with the general sale tomorrow at 10. What did the VIP tickets for the other venues end up running? $200ish?
Shit really? If it's $200 cad I'll definitely hop on that. But I'm not sure if It would be age restricted.
Only if the reseller is selling a physical copy. And forewarning, if a second-hand ticket is being listed as something that will be mailed to you (as opposed to instant download e-ticket), it might just be the print out of an e-ticket, and not the real paper ticket.
That fucking sucks

alife

Submission is my everything, holy shit what a track.

dXqcdRg.gif

Travelled to Sydney today and the March for Science March ended exactly at the Spirit House thing for Sydney so I finally got to listen to the whole album and it was awesome! Can't wait to listen again at some point. And then Mike Pence's motorcade went by.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
A version of it leaked, but you can also listen to the full thing in the Gorillaz app depending on your location (at least I think that's how that feature works).
yeah i get a divining rod and if i go 14.9 km to the vondelpark i can be at the 'gorillaz house' i guess thats an album listen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom