• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V details [Famitsu]: 15+ wild animals, customize your pooch, Japan release

Perkel

Banned
You just reminded me, I once caught and tamed a wild horse and it was my loyal steed for ages. Then one day I was out just fucking around and I got caught in a gunfight with a gang of bandits and my horse died in the crossfire. I actually felt pretty shitty after that as I had that horse for more than half the game. Dem feels, man.

To save myself from experiencing this level of pain again, I'm just going to either abandon the dog or shoot it as soon as I start the game.

Some amazing idea for TLOU players :D

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Over 15 wild animals is awesome. I really hope there are some RDR cougar moments in there. Some of the best moments in that game was just screwing around in the wilderness collecting stuff and "MWREORAWRAWR" would scare the shit out of me.

Goddamned meat seeking missiles...

Symphonia

Banned
I just hope they include an easter egg code that puts wild animals in city limits and you can watch pedestrians get mauled.
And you just reminded me of the time I spent on San Andreas using the cheat codes where everyone in the city attacks CJ on sight. It made for some intense 28 Days Later style sessions, even more so when you gave them weapons. With Rockstar adopting a more entertaining and fun approach to V, maybe we'll see the return of some of their legendary cheat codes.

Some amazing idea for TLOU players :D
OK, you lost me here; is this a reference to something that happens in TLOU? Because I'm kinda working my way through that game now...

SJRB

Gold Member
I won't let the dog die in the game. Insta reload if it happens.

Edit: Man, it would be sad if a mountain lion attacks the dog :(

I seriously doubt the dog has perma-death. When it goes down you can probably pick it up at the vet or it respawns at Franklin's house or something, similar to the main character waking up at the hospital when he dies.

Edit - I don't get the Franklin can't swim joke.

Will I have to interrupt missions in order to walk the dog?

And yes bring back the cheat codes. Hopefully there's a Tokyo Jungle one where nothing but wild animals roam the streets (no peds).

BigDug13

I seriously doubt the dog has perma-death. When it goes down you can probably pick it up at the vet or it respawns at Franklin's house or something, similar to the main character waking up at the hospital when he dies.

Speaking about United States only, not sure about black people being raised in other countries:

It's a racial thing. Quite a few black people never learned to swim because of the lack of public swimming pools in many neighborhoods, so many of them don't learn as children. I know when I was in Navy boot camp, quite a few black guys (but not all of them) were on "remedial swim" as they were unable to even make it through the "float in place" part of the test.

It's not a big deal, they all eventually make it through which leads me to believe it's nothing more than they didn't learn when they were younger. Not all black guys fall into this, but it seems to happen a lot, enough where racial jokes are made about it.

GQman2121

Banned
I hope they release photos of the bears in the wild. I have something for those bears that are hopefully descendants of the bears in Red Dead. When I have modern technology on my side, payback is a mother fucker, Smokey.

Jhoan

I hope they release photos of the bears in the wild. I have something for those bears that are hopefully descendants of the bears in Red Dead. When I have modern technology on my side, payback is a mother fucker, Smokey.

This made me lol. What are you planning on doing? Obliterating an entire population of bears with RPG's and sticky grenades attached to cars?

SJRB

Gold Member
I want the RDR human/animal glitch to come back so it's just a person hunched over or on all fours running after you.

That is creepy as hell.

San Andreas had a little sement out in the wilderness where ghost cars would drive around. Just cars, no drivers. When you went there at night and it started raining it was the creepiest thing ever. Maybe GTAV will have something similar.

In fact, come to think of it San Andreas had a lot of creepy stuff. There was this cliff where occasionally an npc would spawn who would then jump off the cliff. And of course the infamous chainsaw murderer at the lumber mill.

Meh, I think it's a waste of development budget. The game probably would've cost than half of what it did if they didn't include so much useless fluff that serves no purpose outside of simulating real world activities in a gimmicky way.

Meh, I think it's a waste of development budget. The game probably would've cost than half of what it did if they didn't include so much useless fluff that serves no purpose outside of simulating real world activities in a gimmicky way.

A big appeal of Rockstar's open worlds is that they do a better job of bringing them to life than anyone else can.

"Over 15". Just fucking say the number. It's clearly not more than 20 if you have to say 15. God that kind of crap really yanks my chain.

Alienous

You are pure of heart.

Over 15 wild animals is awesome. I really hope there are some RDR cougar moments in there. Some of the best moments in that game was just screwing around in the wilderness collecting stuff and "MWREORAWRAWR" would scare the shit out of me.

15 or so wild animals is sweet. Was kind of hoping for more, though. Especially if this includes birds, rabbits, etc. Anyone know how many animals are in RDR? Feel like it's over 30.

Will there be sharks? I hope there's some sharks in the ocean.

GTA-v-shark.jpg

Top Bottom