• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 4 Screenshots (Grunt new design revealed)

Nutter

Man, am I the only one who wishes the next trilogy did not involve the covenant in a major way? At least not for the first game...

Man, am I the only one who wishes people would actually read the released information and realize that the Covenant are not the major enemy? Sure I do.

um excuse me but grunts have to breathe methane. what, are we supposed to believe that this is some kind of, heh, magic planet?

i hope somebody got fired over that blunder

guek

Banned
Achieved.

fx57x.gif

hype +100

I really like the covenant and even the flood, but I'm just kinda tired of them. It doesn't help that I thought gravemind in halo 3 was an absolutely horrible direction for bungie to take the series.

Man, am I the only one who wishes people would actually read the released information and realize that the Covenant are not the major enemy? Sure I do.
Reading? Why should I read?! I see the pics! Pictures say more than thousand of words!
jk

um excuse me but grunts have to breathe methane. what, are we supposed to believe that this is some kind of, heh, magic planet?

There is a pipe leading to the nose...

zlatko

Banned

Huh? They have a tube in their nostril mang. It's fair to say in 4 years they found better means to get the methane they need via a new breathing mechanism.

So your argument is invalid it seems.

fx57x.gif

hype +100

I really like the covenant and even the flood, but I'm just kinda tired of them. It doesn't help that I thought gravemind in halo 3 was an absolutely horrible direction for bungie to take the series.

There should have been a boss battle with him.

No joke.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I am guessing they are nose breathers. They have a nosepeice with a tube connecting to the methane tank.

guek

Banned

If I had my way, you'd never shoot at a single grunt or elite in the entirety of halo 4. Maybe in halo 5.

Chinner

Banned

I'll field that one. Let me ask *you* a question. Why would a grown man whose tag says "gettin' up in yo ho-ass modal verbs: dem bitches be AUXILIARY" spend all of his time posting about videogames?

MrPliskin

Banned
Nah.

Nah.

The grunts were always the worst designs of the series by a mile, in my opinion. Brightly colored, absurd VO. It felt like comic relief in combat, and completely out of place. This looks like it might bring it in tune with the rest of the world, which I think is a good thing.

Special J

Banned
insane bullshots. the image sizes are 1920x1080 and i think they're even super sampled.

k. not super sampled but these are 1920x1080.

There is a pipe leading to the nose...

Huh? They have a tube in their nostril mang. It's fair to say in 4 years they found better means to get the methane they need via a new breathing mechanism.

So your argument is invalid it seems.

I am guessing they are nose breathers. They have a nosepeice with a tube connecting to the methane tank.

Whoosh!

I'll field that one. Let me ask *you* a question. Why would a grown man whose tag says "gettin' up in yo ho-ass modal verbs: dem bitches be AUXILIARY" spend all of his time posting about videogames?

God, I was beginning to wonder if anyone would catch the reference.

KageMaru

If I had my way, you'd never shoot at a single grunt or elite in the entirety of halo 4. Maybe in halo 5.

May I ask why you would be ok with the covy in halo 5 but not 4?

I can understand wanting to face a new enemy, but I would think if someone didn't want to fight the covenant now, this would also apply for future games.

Wiggum2007

Frankie you guys better bring back the big multi-faction battles like the Flood vs. Covie. vs. Player stuff in Halo 1 and 2. Those encounters were sorely missing in 3 and Reach.

lol no. All of the OSTs are amazing but I wouldn't see ODST has the best, not by a long shot.
A very large contingent of Halo fans will disagree with you.

It's hard to choose between Halo 1, 2, and 3 because they build on each other and carry the same theme and tone. But ODST is distinctly different and unique. So even though ODST won't have the majority votes (+50%) it will probably have more votes than the others because the vote will be split up too much between the mainline games.

As for Reach, it's great but far too militaristic and drums heavy, and hasn't gathered as many fans as the rest of the games.
Wait, no flood, but water?
I am confused!
I lol'D

Wiggum2007

I loved ODST's soundtrack. 1 and 2 were great as well. 3's was okay but it was like 90% remixes of old tracks. Reach's was too somber, kinda boring sounding.

guek

Banned
May I ask why you would be ok with the covy in halo 5 but not 4?

I can understand wanting to face a new enemy, but I would think if someone didn't want to fight the covenant now, this would also apply for future games.

Because they're such an integral part of the halo universe, it would be remiss to omit them from all future games. I don't hate the covenant at all, I'm just very tired of them. I'd rather 343 crafted an entire new mythos to get lost in and incorporate the covenant later. I'd just like a major break from them but I don't want them to be gone forever.

feel

so are there going to be new enemies? elites and grunts are cool but i've been fighting the for over 10 years now.
Yes

They're keeping the actual main enemy a secret for now. Elites/grunts are only the main enemy on the first level or so, an hostile group of them for some reason board the ship Chief has been sleeping in for years while lost in space.

Top Bottom