• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hot Shots Golf 5 Info and Screens

CSSer

Ristlager said:
I am at work and can't access the site (gamerankings), can anyone type the scores the game has gotten i Europe.

Eurogamer, 8/23/2007, 8 out of 10, 80.0%
NTSC uk, 9/6/2007, 8 out of 10, 80.0%
Play UK, 11/1/2007, 88 out of 100, 88.0%
PSM3 Magazine UK, 10/1/2007, 81 out of 100, 81.0%
Gamestyle, 11/2/2007, 8 out of 10, 80.0%
Playstation Official Magazine UK, 11/1/2007, 8 out of 10, 80.0%

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I still have 0 PS3 games (bought and sold Oblivion); I just want HSG5 (played the Japanese version at work) and Little Big Planet :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tempy said:
I still have 0 PS3 games (bought and sold Oblivion); I just want HSG5 (played the Japanese version at work) and Little Big Planet :/

Yeah HSG 5 is great fun. My most-played PS3 title. The graphics are amazing--some of the system's best--and I actually find the new swing mechanic quite fun (though it's only required in a couple of tournaments). Only downside is that it's limited to six courses, so it generally has a bit less content than the PSP version. Best console golf experience out there, though, bar none.

Koren

AstroLad said:
Best console golf experience out there, though, bar none.
I still prefer the previous installment of the series (on PS2) myself. For gameplay (some tricky moves are missing in 5), courses (number, layout, difficulty), single-player challenges (number, and far more challenging) and content.

But at least, online are getting better now in MnG5 (and of course graphics are vastly improved, and also presentation, even if it's unreadible in SD)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Koren said:
I still prefer the previous installment of the series (on PS2) myself. For gameplay (some tricky moves are missing in 5), courses (number, layout, difficulty), single-player challenges (number, and far more challenging) and content.

But at least, online are getting better now in MnG5 (and of course graphics are vastly improved, and also presentation, even if it's unreadible in SD)

Yeah I'd have to say in SD you'd really be missing out on a lot (just like almost every PS3 game); the graphics are a big part of the game's enjoyment to me. HSG's timeless mechanics and physics and new-gen graphics are what makes it a great package to me, though I certainly agree they could have beefed up the content.

Pimpwerx

robertsan21 said:
can someone explain to me why HSG PSN demo was taken down from PSN?
Or why it hasn't been translated quickly and put on the US and EU stores. For all its greatness, the PSN store is hampered by redtape. PEACE.

exactly. I expected this game by now... and if I would have known HSG5 would have a Final Fantasy level translation period, I just would have imported back in the summer.

maybe ClapHandz adds stuff to the US/EU versions???

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheJollyCorner said:
exactly. I expected this game by now... and if I would have known HSG5 would have a Final Fantasy level translation period, I just would have imported back in the summer.

It always takes for-freaking-ever. For one thing they replace a bunch of the characters (for reasons known to no one). The good thing is that you will probably have a full online experience out of the gate unlike those of us who got the JP version and basically got it piecemeal, but yeah the HSG lag is why I got the JP version (that and it was something like $55 shipped)--it's even worse than the PES lag.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
TheJollyCorner said:

maybe they are taking out the anime models for a more western designed characters?

(which means I will import this, hell, I will probably import it anyways since the PS3 is region free)

nofi

AstroLad said:
It always takes for-freaking-ever. For one thing they replace a bunch of the characters (for reasons known to no one). The good thing is that you will probably have a full online experience out of the gate unlike those of us who got the JP version and basically got it piecemeal, but yeah the HSG lag is why I got the JP version (that and it was something like $55 shipped)--it's even worse than the PES lag.

Yeah, you're not getting a US version until at least six months after the EU one, and we're not getting that whilst they're still working on the JP version. It might be out for Summer 08.

zeroshiki

Is anyone still playing this? I'm playing it now. Great fun. True to the MnG formula.

The online part is borked for me however. It always does version checking and then it'll tell me file download failed :(

dave360

Would anyone recommend importing from England? It's out later this month in England and I don't want to wait for an American version. Thanks

lupinko

Hcoregamer00 said:
maybe they are taking out the anime models for a more western designed characters?

(which means I will import this, hell, I will probably import it anyways since the PS3 is region free)

Probably not, since there wasn't any changes when SCEA brought it to E3 this year, or at least from what I saw from their e3 site. =x

I think the reasons why this game is not out yet are:

1) SCEA wants to add this to its UNSTOPPABLE 2008 lineup.
2) The NTSCJ version was pretty much rushed out to retailers, you can easily tell due to the fact that the majority of the online component was not complete by time of release. That's why the online component has been putting itself together these past couple of months. And that is the other reason why the game has a mandatory 4GB install, to reserve space for said online components mainly. SCEA probably wants at least a good chunk of the online functions completed and put on the disc before this game heads over to domestic shores.

I should join you guys, though I haven't had enough time to play lately. lol

EDIT: Oh right, and maybe SCEA wants to add its own PGA pro, or probably related to Murayama and his caddie's likenesses for other localizations.

gogogow

dave360 said:
Would anyone recommend importing from England? It's out later this month in England and I don't want to wait for an American version. Thanks

Are you sure? I haven't read anything about a 2007 release.

You have a link?

fishfash

Hi Guys,

I recently got myself a DualShock 3 and was hoping this game would make use of the vibration function. I am unable to get it to work or am I missing something ?

Thanks. :D

zeroshiki

fishfash said:
Hi Guys,

I recently got myself a DualShock 3 and was hoping this game would make use of the vibration function. I am unable to get it to work or am I missing something ?

Thanks. :D

No vibration AFAIK.

el Diablo

Banned
I hate when this thread gets bumped, it gives me false hope that a US release date has been set. Damn SCEA and damn you people for bumping this *shakes fist*

Afrikan

el Diablo said:
I hate when this thread gets bumped, it gives me false hope that a US release date has been set. Damn SCEA and damn you people for bumping this *shakes fist*

:lol

yeah I know.... I can't wait for the game to come out here in the States...... I might just import the Euro version like I did with PES2008..... all I have to say is thank god for Sony allowing the PS3 to be region free.... I think I'm spoiled now..... the PS4 better be region free.......:D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Looks like they've released a crap-ton of new stuff in the online mode since probably any of us last went on. E.g., all the courses are playable now. Also Santa lobby and parts:

mng5santa.jpg

http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=183

I'm gonna hop back on this weekend for some games, though I'm sure I'll get slaughtered since it's been over a month since I played.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cilonen said:
Sounds fun, I'll try to make it online tomorrow. They made us wait long enough for all the courses!

:lol yeah. I'm not even sure if the last one is there yet since I didn't go back through Shihiko's earlier updates. But yeah Silver Peaks + SANTA! is more than enough to get me to hop back in. Would be fun to have another gaffer or two around to hang out with at the bottom of the standings.

cilonen

AstroLad said:
:lol yeah. I'm not even sure if the last one is there yet since I didn't go back through Shihiko's earlier updates. But yeah Silver Peaks + SANTA! is more than enough to get me to hop back in. Would be fun to have another gaffer or two around to hang out with at the bottom of the standings.

I'm up for some major fail on Silver Peaks :D

I can't actually get to my PS3 setup in the spare room at the mo due to house renovation stuff, but I'll clear a path to it for tomorrow.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cilonen said:
I'm up for some major fail on Silver Peaks :D

I can't actually get to my PS3 setup in the spare room at the mo due to house renovation stuff, but I'll clear a path to it for tomorrow.

Nice sounds good. Don't forget we'll have a shit-ton of updates to d/l. Probably a good 20 mins. worth of dl'ing and restarting. I can be on at 11 AM Eastern Time or thereabouts.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Any world on if they've added the ability to just play a regular foresome of golf with friends + voice chat + no reservations?

You could do that in the JP version once they patched it. Sans voice chat of course, which I really don't think will make it in. I'm just hoping they remove the 15-character limit for text chat. Worst text chat system ever, literally.

AstroLad said:
You could do that in the JP version once they patched it. Sans voice chat of course, which I really don't think will make it in. I'm just hoping they remove the 15-character limit for text chat. Worst text chat system ever, literally.

Cool, I'll probably pick this up. I don't like Tiger. My fave online golf game is still Links 2004 but I'm also a fan of HSG and Mario Golf (and let's face it, odds of Mario Golf Wii having voice chat is pretty shit).

Mojovonio

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Cool, I'll probably pick this up. I don't like Tiger. My fave online golf game is still Links 2004 but I'm also a fan of HSG and Mario Golf (and let's face it, odds of Mario Golf Wii having voice chat is pretty shit).

Tiger is shit. Makes my thumbs cry in agony.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
beermonkey@tehbias said:

It's no Hot Shots Golf Portable 2, but it's fun as hell nonetheless and the graphics are gorgeous. Waiting to see if there's any significant new content to decide whether to double dip as it remains my most played PS3 game.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Jim said:
North American title official - Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
If one were annoyed at how the online lobby/scheduling thing worked in the Japanese version, should one feel hopeful about this American release?

M3wThr33

Banned
I'm ready for this and Open Tee 2. I finally finished enough of HSGOT to clear my conscience.
(7/12 medals, Platinum rank, HSG Man, all but 1 item in Putting Challenge, all items in Challenge Mode, all characters maxed. Ranked 444545 on the courses)

Top Bottom