• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hot Shots Golf 5 Info and Screens

kay

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Is it the same time frame for PAL or what? totally diggin PS3 first party titles this gen.
Looks like March 29 (18th for NA).

2dsqmaf.jpg

Ashhong

InterMoniker said:
Holy shit thanks :D I tried looking for it on the Japan store but I couldn't find and I heard they took it down.

So should I just put this on a memory stick then put it in my ps3? :)

Whoa whoa WHOA. So how do we play this? I'm downloading now...

kay

Ashhong said:
Whoa whoa WHOA. So how do we play this? I'm downloading now...
You have to set up a proxy server that is able to redirect urls.. and then use your computer as the proxy server in network settings. So, you have to reroute something like the folding@home download to the demo file and it can be installed. I think if you search google for PS3 proxy you should be able to find out what you specifically need.

Ashhong

kay said:
You have to set up a proxy server that is able to redirect urls.. and then use your computer as the proxy server in network settings. So, you have to reroute something like the folding@home download to the demo file and it can be installed. I think if you search google for PS3 proxy you should be able to find out what you specifically need.

But some people were saying use a memory stick =( Proxy and crap sounds like too much work for a demo...

kay

Never tried that but I can't imagine how it would work. You can give it a shot. But anyway, I think there is an english updated demo coming soon.

Jim

Couple new screens from SCEA:

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Definitely looks like the Japanese characters will remain unchanged. Can't wait :)

Woohoo localized version! I'm going to sell my JP copy and buy the NA version this March so I can finally play online. Despite the help of some GAFfers and an online guide here and there, I could never get online.

Does anyone know if they'll keep the JP voices in the US/EU releases? Saw a couple of videos with the English voices on GT. Quite annoying :S

kay

2232945111_de25e1c6fb_o.jpg

Bigger. Let's just hope they only massacred the box art because they had to massacre something..

I hope this means more characters and not actually deleted ones.

el Diablo

Banned
That American flag on the black guys shirt is $$$. Oh man this is shit lol. Anyone who's played through the JP version remember if the old guy and that butch chick were in that version? Hopefully someone can play through this quickly so we can find out how many chars were changed.

Synless

The americanized characters they make for this series are fucking retarded looking, I hope to god the japanese characters are all still there, if there not I will import the EU version which seems to still be the same.

zurra

ugh, i really hope they keep the japanese characters. that box art makes me completely reconsider buying this. i'll import if it turns out to be butchered =/

el Diablo

Banned
Looks like it's just a horrible horrible box art decision on SCEA's part, those chars ARE in the JP version. So we can still hope that we're getting the same chars as the JP game.

Way to put the most American looking chars on the box SCEA :lol. Got these from the JP HSG5 site, highlight the spoiler if you want to know how they're in the game.

Top 2 are caddies, bottom 2 are from the highest rank of players you unlock

20kq9va.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol even though those are the same characters, importing ftw just for the box art. I told you guys you should import!

Well It's sad that I have the EXACT pants as the guy in the front of the American cover :lol

Why couldn't they have put all the race on there. at least one asian golfer to be diverse :eek:

Niks

Oh man this is just too much!! :lol

Seriously, are they trying to mock the american audience by having those "overly stereotyped" characters??

Black, buff guy with american flag as a shirt??? You just cant make this up!! :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The sad thing is I could see it selling more with that cover art--it's definitely your typical generic "slick computer graphics and a badass jumble of characters" Walmart budget-game cover art.

Is the game retailing at $50 or $60? B/c it was cheap to import (~$50) so I hope they price accordingly.

kay

US/EU version description

KEY FEATURES

* New Shot System – Check out the new shot system and see if you have the skills to take your golf score lower. The new shot system offers a high risk to reward ratio and gives players the ability to hit the ball farther and straighter, but also penalizes more on mistimed shots.
* Online Action – Customize a tournament and square off with up to 50 of your closest friends, or swing into the lobby and interact with others while customizing your personal avatar with more than 300 options.
* Crazy Characters & Caddies – Select one of 15 different playable characters all with their own distinct look, attributes and quirky characteristics. Six entertaining caddies wait to guide you through the open fairways and the tenacious rough.
* Larger Courses & Environments – Strategically play your next shot while taking into account the neighboring holes. Larger playable environments let you play your errant tee shot from a neighboring hole, or if it makes sense take aim at a different fairway and use it as a shortcut.
* 6 Immaculate Courses – Play wherever golf is played. In the mountains, on the desert, along the coast or in the woods.
* A Variety of Golf Outings - Multiple single player and multi-player modes of play including VS, Training, Tournament, Stroke, Match Play and more.
* Downloadable Content – In between rounds, head to the PLAYSTATION®Store to download exciting content including characters, courses, clubs, clothing and other golf swag.

The last one is interesting. Anyone can confirm anything new?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This game has only 6 courses? On a blu-ray disc, they can only include 6 courses?

I've just decided against buying this.

kay

Plinko said:
This game has only 6 courses? On a blu-ray disc, they can only include 6 courses?

I've just decided against buying this.
There might be more, the last part includes courses as downloadable. I'm fine with 6 either way.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
kay said:
There might be more, the last part includes courses as downloadable. I'm fine with 6 either way.
I'm not sure that is a good thing. I mean, how much localization has to go into the game? I would've liked to have thought that the long delay between release in Japan and the rest of the world would have meant increased course selection without having to pony up cash on PSN, as well as better a online play system. Note that I've not played the Japanese release or the demo, but my hype is still pretty high for this one.

pswii60

el Diablo said:
Looks like they may be "Americanizing" Hot Shots Golf for the US afterall. If they do i won't be buying this anymore. Here's the official cover art from the official Playstation blog. Don't remember seeing the 3 chars in the background, the one hitting the ball may be the one with the glasses a few posts up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/01/31/hot-shots-update-advanced-shot-mode/

2v84i9v.jpg

If it means it will sell more and they'll keep porting the series over to the West, then I don't have a problem.

kay

anachronous_one said:
I'm not sure that is a good thing. I mean, how much localization has to go into the game? I would've liked to have thought that the long delay between release in Japan and the rest of the world would have meant increased course selection without having to pony up cash on PSN, as well as better a online play system. Note that I've not played the Japanese release or the demo, but my hype is still pretty high for this one.
Depends, if they actually charge for it and if the courses are not ready for this release I wouldn't like paying for them. But a couple dollars for new courses wouldn't be such a robbery. I think the delay for localization was actually two things. One, the game was not completely finished when it was released. Two, they wouldn't release it in the dead of winter, Spring is a good time to do it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
kay said:
Looks like March 29 (18th for NA).

2dsqmaf.jpg
^ i want this box :(

fuck the US box , Fuck you SCEA fuck this stupidity ( thank they didn't change the original characters tho )

i will get the EU ver , i may ended playing online with guys i don't know ( i hope the online is global) , but i don't want that stupid ugly US box

within the 6 courses, is it still a regular 18 hole thing? or is it split up? 3 holes each? or 18 for each course? ;o

I don't the hate for the cover. look at ratchet, they marketed him differently too. sporting a thicker eyebrow in Japan xD

kay

There's actually 7 courses now because the Japanese site mentions a new course, looks like the game will ship without one at least. (Japan gets the new one soon. Or already? Someone with the game should find out!)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
kay said:
There's actually 7 courses now because the Japanese site mentions a new course, looks like the game will ship without one at least. (Japan gets the new one soon. Or already? Someone with the game should find out!)

good news

but there is a Chance new courses (DLCs) right ?

Bebpo

Banned
New modes a plenty for the Japan version on 2/7:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080201/mingol.htm

-In-match chat
-Walk around the course freely
-In 1 on 1 matches, various rules will appear

But more importantly
Feb - 1 new pay Caddie
March - 1 new pay Character
April - 1 new pay course!! (Australia)

I'm really looking forward to April. When the new course comes out I'll get back into the game for sure. Just wish it hadn't taken them this long for a new course, but at least we're getting one.

Top Bottom