• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Mario Kart 7 screens, trailer, and Iwata asks

Chinner

Banned
EatChildren said:
It has the boost system of Wii, so no snaking. The underwater/gliding stuff is really cool, and integrated seamlessly into the tracks. The build I played was lacking on the items, so I cant comment on balance of super items (which was MKWii's biggest flaw, in my opinion). The return of coins is neat.

In other words I dunno lol.
sum questions 4 u mr gmame journo:

1. can i play as mario
2. is this game made by nintendo?
3. do the karts drive backwards and forwards?
4. have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
5. was it fun?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chinner said:
sum questions 4 u mr gmame journo:

1. can i play as mario
2. is this game made by nintendo?
3. do the karts drive backwards and forwards?
4. have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
5. was it fun?

1. Yes but only in his green overalls.
2. I'm pr sure its made by RETRO STUDIOS who Nintendo paid to make METROID PRIME and DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS so they got them to make this one to with Square.
3. At the same time.
4. You feelin' lucky, punk>
5. Fuck no it was terrible. Pre-order-I-don't-have cancelled.

BowieZ

Banned
Why does everyone forget that the graphical fidelity in those single screens is doubled when looking at the systems in 3D... then add in the beauty of those screens in motion.

Does the game still run at 60fps in 3D? Because if so then I really don't think there should be any complaints about how the game looks, especially in regards to the other games in the series.

is it telling I completely forgot about the 3D for this game

Chinner

Banned
EatChildren said:
1. Yes but only in his green overalls.
2. I'm pr sure its made by RETRO STUDIOS who Nintendo paid to make METROID PRIME and DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS so they got them to make this one to with Square.
3. At the same time.
4. You feelin' lucky, punk>
5. Fuck no it was terrible. Pre-order-I-don't-have cancelled.
do you mind if i turn your comments into a n4g article?

Ydahs

Astrosanity said:
Does the game still run at 60fps in 3D? Because if so then I really don't think there should be any complaints about how the game looks, especially in regards to the other games in the series.

is it telling I completely forgot about the 3D for this game
All reports indicate that it does.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I played it and it runs at 60 fps in 3D.

The game is just going to be amazing.
Well then yeah. As someone who's sorta-kinda-maybe-not-as-much-as-I-thought burnt out on Mario Kart, I don't see anything half-assed about this game's presentation in the slightest.

Now if only I had any intention on buying a 3DS anytime soon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Surprisingly, i haven't played MKWii that much compared to the other versions. I still don't know why. Hopefully, i will play MK7 as much as MKDS.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Rosalina playable in Mario Kart 7!

rosalinamk7-thumb-250x154-15001.jpg

The new Tanooki power up looks awesome.

Also... Rosalina!

I really want a 3DS for Super Mario 3D Land World Adventure 4 Sunshine Galaxy and this... :-\

Kuran

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
That's the same kart as Mario's default one from MKDS. It's probably the same model reused (look how the other kart looks much better by comparison) so that's probably done on purpose, seeing as how it is a "retro" kart.

Nice one Nuclear Muffin, continuing to amuse!

It is most likely that opponent's carts are lower detail then the one you are driving. Very often used technique in driving games.

watershed

Banned
Has anyone mentioned Konno said there are 16 brand new courses? I think this means completely new and not old courses altered with air and water parts as he mentions them separately.

Emitan

artwalknoon said:
Has anyone mentioned Konno said there are 16 brand new courses? I think this means completely new and not old courses altered with air and water parts as he mentions them separately.
I'm assuming 16 new and 16 old/altered.

Gravijah

artwalknoon said:

isn't that normal for mario kart? they always have around 16 new courses, and 16 retro courses.

Kuran said:
Nice one Nuclear Muffin, continuing to amuse!

It is most likely that opponent's carts are lower detail then the one you are driving. Very often used technique in driving games.
unless they have been faking the trailers, that's not the case.

Do people really watch trailers of the game?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
bc3-1.png

So you can now see which items other drivers are holdin. Nice.

Boney

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/President_Evil5800/bc3-1.png[IMG]

So you can now see which items other drivers are holdin. Nice.[/QUOTE]
that's bullshit!

not really since when you heard people laughing you inmediatly glanced and saw the blue shell

cw_sasuke said:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/President_Evil5800/bc3-1.png

So you can now see which items other drivers are holdin. Nice.
It was in Mario Kart DS too. It always prepared me for the blue shells, lol
and eventually learning to dodge them

Berordn

Ninjagorilla said:
You could do that In the DS version too. I really liked that feature, it added some strategy.
Shells would also try to sideswipe you instead of just coming from behind. I wonder if the map returning means they'll do that again.

Heavy said:
60 fps or not, this game's graphics are incredibly underwhelming.
Compared to what? Aside from some aliasing they look a bit improved from the Wii version.

Berordn

The Main Event said:
Has a list of every items been posted? Blue shells are still there right?
Without wings, assuming it's not a just a placeholder image. Every item from MKWii is in except the Pow Block, Thunder Cloud and Mega Mushroom. So far we've also seen the Super Leaf (which gives you a tail as a shield and close attack) the Fire Flower (lets you shoot fireballs in front and behind) and a "7" emblem that we haven't seen in action.

This looks terrible. It still looks like the GCN version graphics wise. Why haven't they made any headway there? Why haven't hey even tried to shake up the art style of 'low budget 3d and blurry textures.' try a wind waker thing?

God I love Nintendo but this same old lackluster shit is getting old.

I see they've shoehorned their shitty mii's into this as well. Perfect.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
funkmasterb said:
This looks terrible. It still looks like the GCN version graphics wise. Why haven't they made any headway there? Why haven't hey even tried to shake up the art style of 'low budget 3d and blurry textures.' try a wind waker thing?

God I love Nintendo but this same old lackluster shit is getting old.

I see they've shoehorned their shitty mii's into this as well. Perfect.

It looks like the GCN/Wii version because the 3DS is in that realm of rendering power.

The art style is typically Mario Kart; bright, vibrant colours and clean image quality with a silky smooth framerate.

Mii's worked just fine in Mario Kart Wii and I assume they will work just as well here.

People saying this looks bad are just so laughably wrong. Screen grabs don't look too hot but it's just so glaringly obvious that most don't have a 3DS to watch the trailer. It looks gorgeous in motion.

Berordn

Seriously? It's coming out on the 3DS, not for your gaming-rig PC. Mario Kart has an established style, simple yet bright and colorful, and it's clear and vibrant in motion. They've seriously progressed from the GC version technically, adding significantly better lighting, bump mapping and improved models.

Top Bottom