• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel Universe group shot/logo

Temp_User

61f88809163679aff84e2397f6fe3e62.jpg

I want to file a missing persons report to Kevin Feige. Have you by any chance seen this girl?

It was an interesting premise for an event, but like most events wasn't executed the best way. It ended up just being a convoluted way to get Nick Fury Sr. out of the picture.

this is what i feared was going to happen the MCU having an effect on the comics....

I could buy if a more powerful character killed the Watcher and became the unseen, but Nick Fury? what was even his motive for doing that

Lockjaw is also the only character they've seemed to actually get right in TV Inhumans.

10KXCpq.png

LOOKIT THAT FUCKIN CUTIE

this is what i feared was going to happen the MCU having an effect on the comics....

I could buy if a more powerful character killed the Watcher and became the unseen, but Nick Fury? what was even his motive for doing that

Fury had been running a secret operation from space in which he basically did some really heinous shit in the name of defending earth, assassinations and genocide of hostile alien worlds and such. He constantly observed activities around earth space and caught some criminals raiding Uatu's armory. Doctor Midas, Exterminatrix and The Orb. Uatu was seriously wounded in the scuffle and Fury arrived to find they had stolen one of his eyes. Seeing only one way to identify the culprits and stop them, he killed the wounded Uatu and took the other eye.

When the Avengers investigated the murder they suspected anyone, but they eventually caught up to Fury Sr. and forced a confession. He was remorseless for his numerous crimes but eventually managed to kill Doctor Midas who was becoming more powerful by absorbing the energy from Uatu's corpse. Fury seemed to have been killed in the process, but it was revealed he survived and was subsequently punished by the other Watchers.

Loxley

It will never not be weird to me that we now live in a world where Marvel are pushing the Guardians of the Freaking Galaxy more than the X-Men.

Lothars

It will never not be weird to me that we now live in a world where Marvel are pushing the Guardians of the Freaking Galaxy more than the X-Men.
The guardians are great so I don't think that's an issue, I think it's more they are pushing the inhuman's compared to the X-Men. Man are the inhuman's just blah.

Dynomutt

They got more Spider-Team members than mutants that's crazy. Is this a good idea of who will make it to film? Or is this comic books only?

ElRenoRaven

Hmm. That certainly looks to be Tony as Iron man. What interests me is Warmachine in the back right. Does that mean Rhodey is returning? God I hope so. I really hated what happened to him.

Hmm. That certainly looks to be Tony as Iron man. What interests me is Warmachine in the back right. Does that mean Rhodey is returning? God I hope so. I really hated what happened to him.

Yeah. I never had any doubt considering the suit can still work even with his injury.

I was making a joke with the Widow casting above, but this is just generic Marvel Universe. Not Marvel Cinematic Universe

Rhodey is on the Infinity War poster though, yes.

Furyous

The Fox News headline after learning about Ms. Marvel is going to be legendarily sad. Does fearmongerer in chief know about her existence yet? Watch him come out with a three hour tweet storm about this at some point.

ElRenoRaven

I was making a joke with the Widow casting above, but this is just generic Marvel Universe. Not Marvel Cinematic Universe

Rhodey is on the Infinity War poster though, yes.
Oh I know. But the fact that Warmachine is featured at all is pretty cool considering what happened. That don't look like movie warmachine either.

This is from the Uniqlo t-shirt competition for next year, and they have character guidelines like the Nintendo one.

The only non-MCU characters or Sony characters are She-Hulk, Nova, and Ms. Marvel.

Funny how Iron Man takes front and center now. I'm not criticizing that he is, but it is funny that he went from an obscure character to their main icon. Same with Guardians, which was even more obscure than Iron Man before the movies. It is also neat to see shakedowns like this in thier character roster.

Also, and unsurprisingly, Marvel snubs the X-Men.

Top Bottom