• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Max Payne 3 Trailer & Screen Shots - 02/16

DeFrank

I gotta admit, I am pretty heartbroken that the Noir feel of the game is completely gone. It's about an 8 out of 10 on my "Disappointment in Re-imagination of a Series" scale.

That's only 2 points below Ninja Theory's Dante rape.

raphier

Banned
I am sorry max, but she's in another castle, you know. You gotta infiltrate a penthouse of a gone-crooked rich political face of this town. Shave and make yourself a criminal max, get into their type.

Arucardo

Eh, significant story spoiler at the end? (don't highlight if you didn't notice ;) )

Basically they showed your "partner" aiming a revolver at you at the end (the one in the elevator) or maybe I misinterpreted it, though that line he says seems to point that way...

If it's like Man On Fire, I'd be all in for this.

It's fine they're leaving the Noir behind. That story ended as perfectly as it could anyway.

LiK

Disappointing trailer.cant put my finger on it but something feels off

the only thing i can think of is that they're pretty vague with the story. saving a girl for his boss seems to be pretty weak for his motive.

Strike

4vuNU.jpg

the only thing i can think of is that they're pretty vague with the story. saving a girl for his boss seems to be pretty weak for his motive.

Like all the bad things in my life, it started with the death of a woman. I couldn't save her.

Though in this case it's a kidnapping. The greater plot presumably will unveil itself. Shit looks pretty intense. I don't remember Max ever screaming "God damn it!" like that in the original games.

Doesn't look at all like Max Payne, but I've gotten past that. Just hoping for an awesome action game.

Yeah it looks totally different from the vibe of the first two.

Not too happy about that, but I like the Michael Mann vibe I'm getting from this one. Game looks good. (dude below is right on point with that comment, Kane and Lynch without Kane and Lynch)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
looks a lot more like Kane and Lynch without Kane and Lynch to me, than a Max Payne game.

dr_rus

I sure hope that there will be more story in the game than they've shown in that trailer. Because right now it's like this:
1. Graphics? - no
2. Noir? - no
3. Story?

looks a lot more like Kane and Lynch without Kane and Lynch to me, than a Max Payne game.

Both Kane & Lynch and Max Payne 3 are influenced by the same sort of media influences like Michael Mann.

Though Max isn't a total sociopathic prick like the other two. Imagine a cross-over where Max offs those two.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
No Noir? Come on...

Yes, Noir isn't just visuals, nothing about this game evokes that, or Max Payne 1/2.

Trailer not doing it for me on any level, hope a gameplay focused trailer will do more...

Arucardo

They're saving that for the next Hitman game when they're ready to finish off Kane and Lynch series.

If done right, that would be one of the coolest moments in games ever. I wish crossovers and cameos were more common in games, at least in games developed by the same studio.

jett

D-Member
So, are going to talking LA Noire or Red Dead Redemption in terms of platform parity?

MP3 is undoubtedly using the Rage engine. Expect the PS3 version to be sub-HD and to suffer from lower framerates, just like GTA4 and RDR.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Going to war for
utcJU.jpg

is a time-honored tradition, friends

Replaying the other two Max Payne titles now. Noir is great and all, but we don't know how the story in MP3 is going to play out. There's still an opportunity there, and this looks engaging enough to survive just fine w/o the noir aspect.

PC version for me, day one.

MP3 is undoubtedly using the Rage engine. Expect the PS3 version to be sub-HD and to suffer from lower framerates, just like GTA4 and RDR.

That's my biggest fear with this game. It was pretty frustrating.

I'm getting both versions anyway, but still, I wish there was a solid parity. Maybe this time around they've got their engine up to snuff.

Top Bottom