• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mickey Mouse cartoons by Paul Rudish (Dexter's Lab, PowerPuff Girls etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibed

That was amazing, it perfectly captured the essence of the old Mickey cartoons. There hasn't been anything this good with the Mouse since the Mickey Mouse Works show.

Also, I love the recent trend of using Classic Mickey over the '40s redesign.

Xzeon

Banned
http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2013/...horts-with-classic-comedy-contemporary-flair/

The first short has been released online and 19 of these are being produced in total. It can be viewed here (there's a download link as well for those who don't live in the US): http://chrisbattleart.tumblr.com/post/45208138801/cool-new-mickey-mouse-short-from-all-my-old

I love the one they released and hopefully the rest of them will be just as good.

holy fuck, this is rad.

yes, more of this please.

Xzeon

Banned
just watched the whole thing, and it was amazing.

a modern take on the old school look.

i loved the art style, and the fluid animation.

it was just a lot of fun.

the ending was the best part.

an entire series like this would be great.

Its like we are entering a new age of American cartoons now. So much quality cartoons that we could pick from. MLP, TMNT, Adventure time, Gravity Falls, Korra...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's seriously annoying that there are no credits whatsoever. I hope that's not indicative of any intentional corporate decision in some attempt to have everything simply be Disney branded.

Adam J.

This is so cute! Wish I could get some ultra HD stills from this to use for a desktop.

I would insta-buy a collection of these shorts on blu-ray.

Just watched and really enjoyed the first short.
It's funny that the interviews with Warren Specter before the release of Epic Mickey got me really excited for the character again and I dream of an Epic Mickey style feature one day that reestablishes him as an modern animation icon. This will do until that happens. I love the art style as well :)

Dali

Good news. Glad a new generation is getting exposed to something new other than that atrocious cg show.

Very cool.

I like the art style for the most part, but I'm not entirely sold on the character designs.

It was awesome to see that old-school title card.

koryuken

Awesome cartoon, although I did find it somewhat risque for little kids. I'm not sure if I want my little girl to watch Mickey hitting pedestrians and running from the cops with no consequences.

That was fantastic! The only thing better would be returning to Mickey being an asshole.

That's what Donald is for.

Seriously, that's why Donald was created. Mickey was becoming a stale corporate mascot and Disney and his animators knew it. So they introduced Donald to take over as the resident asshole.

Xun

I don't like how... I guess "fluid" or "bouncy" a lot of new cartoons are. I can't really describe what I mean, but it always reminded me of Flash animations.

Love the art style, and I really love those backgrounds a lot.
I'm going to guess these shorts were done on Toon Boom, so that would pretty much be correct.

It's based on Flash but it's far better for animation.

Anyway I'm glad they've gone with the older look for Mickey (which is superior), and the first short was great! I can't wait to watch the rest.

That was amazing. Awesome art, animation, and it was genuinely funny.

this is what Disney needs to be doing, none of that ungrateful tween bullshit.

If you are saying their shows are about spoiled brats, great post.

If you are saying that they are betraying their viewers, let me laugh at this.

usctrojan

<3 Mickey; this is what he needs. After suffering through epic Mickey 1,2 just for him, its nice to get some quality content.

I saw production art for this in November of 2011 and I have had to keep my mouth shut for a year and a half and it has been TORTURE. Every few months I'd Google "new Mickey shorts" to see if they'd been announced yet so I could talk about them. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED for these. They nailed everything.

FYI guys, they don't mention him in the press release (probably because nobody knows who the hell he is still) but Oswald is going to be in these shorts too. I'm not going to spoil them for you all but I've heard the plots for a few of his episodes and they sound hilarious.

I think I recall seeing art for Horace and Clarabelle too, but I can't remember. But I am just so insanely happy that they've finally announced these and that they're as good as the art looked. Can't wait to go to the movies and see one of these playing before the feature.

REALLY hope they get some kind of home release, via iTunes, DVD, BluRay, whatever. I want them all in the best quality possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom