• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nine Inch Nails album! And more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninhead

Ok, if you ordered anything else, even NTAE, and they sent you an email to download that, all of your digital purchases are available there. Hopefully, in that case, you didn't delete the email.

soothe.

Ok, if you ordered anything else, even NTAE, and they sent you an email to download that, all of your digital purchases are available there. Hopefully, in that case, you didn't delete the email.

nope, no they are not.
i ordered NTAE and Deviations 1 and the download link only gives me NTAE.
even after Firebrand's support sent me an email saying that i can download Devations 1 after their error.

really hope no band never uses Firebrad ever if this is an example of how much they can fuck things up and i am so worried how much they will fuck up actually shipping the vinyls.

Oneself

Pretty frustrating some people have received their Deviations 1 download and others, including me, haven't been sent a download.
I sent an email to the customer support... I'll let you know if I get the links. I only have the EP dl link and nothing else (bought the EP and both Fragile definitive & Deviations). :|

Ninhead

I'm really bummed "War at Once" didn't make its way on here.

Also, instrumental "The Great Below" basically makes it "A Warm Place" part 2.

I'm digging this EP. It feels like a complete 180 from Hesitation Marks (which I grew to appreciate, but felt very overproduced).

I hope this is just a taste of more to come, though.

Luschient

That said, the first 2 tracks on NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS do very little for me. The last 3 are fantastic and the closest he's gotten to THE FRAGILE since that album came out.

I love that he's finally ready to dig into that material again and uncover what made it special.

Agreed. Listening to this for the first time and the first couple of songs were sort of generic-sounding to me but once She's Gone Away starts up, fuck yeah.

//ARCANUM

Support got back to me with a Deviations link! I was even able to unzip it easily (on a mac here), I'm bringing it into iTunes now. 2 hours and 34 minutes? OMG YUSSSSSS.

creid

The new Nine Inch Nails record Not The Actual Events is available NOW, along with any other high-resolution downloads that went live in the store last week. Links below!
I assumed the bolded meant that Broken, Downward Spiral, etc. downloads were live. Are these supposed to be live now? All I can download is NTAE.

I assumed the bolded meant that Broken, Downward Spiral, etc. downloads were live. Are these supposed to be live now? All I can download is NTAE.

There is a glitch in their new store (go figure), I think whoever is in charge of it did a shitty job. If you bought multiple items in the same order, you'll only see NTAE. They're fixing it.

Holy crap, "Was it Worth it" is an amazing song. Some of the versions of The Fragile songs work fairly well as instrumentals, but it really goes to show what a force Trent's voice is. Loving the unreleased stuff though!

rezn0r

If you're on Windows and having issues, you may want to try WinRAR for the Deviations zip files (and I'm assuming the other large remasters)

All the songs save for the first and last have grown on me tremendously. But this is definitely a release you have to hear with headphones. Too many small pieces to miss.

hsin

Banned
Most of Deviations was released on Apple Music last year. The new tracks are nice but I can see why they weren't included in the original release...they kind of don't go anywhere. Definitely an album for Fragile diehards!

I've found myself singing the "break through the surface and... Breathe" line quietly to myself most of the day today. Not mad about it.

Anyone else not get their Deviations link?

Who would I even contact? My NTAE download went perfectly fine on Thursday, no dice on the second email.

hsin

Banned
Anyone else not get their Deviations link?

Who would I even contact? My NTAE download went perfectly fine on Thursday, no dice on the second email.
In your order confirmation email, there's a link to the distributors where you can submit a complaint. I didn't get a link either and sent them a request and they got back to me with a link to the download.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think I made a mistake listening to the broken EP before this one. I know there's 25 years of inspiration separating the two, but it was a bit of a letdown.

Revenant

If this is an indication of what a 2017 album might be like then count me in. This had been a nice end of the year surprise.

Speaking of NIN I was listening to year zero today and realized that album aged well in the worst way possible.

Dilly

Banned
If this is an indication of what a 2017 album might be like then count me in. This had been a nice end of the year surprise.

Speaking of NIN I was listening to year zero today and realized that album aged well in the worst way possible.

It's turning into a documentary at this point.

Chumley

Banned

Yep. Year Zero is just flat out depressing to listen to now.

I think I made a mistake listening to the broken EP before this one. I know there's 25 years of inspiration separating the two, but it was a bit of a letdown.

Broken was recorded in secret because of contract issues with TVT. There is a reason why it is so harsh, brutal and angsty. I think the background story behind it, plus the music industry at the time, makes it easier to digest if you've never heard it before.

It's turning into a documentary at this point.

Yep. Year Zero is just flat out depressing to listen to now.

Unintentionally prophetic. Waiting for a giant hand to come down from the sky any minute now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom