• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nine Inch Nails album! And more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Streaming on Google Music in Australia.

Listened 3 times now and really like it, the guitar on The Idea of You and Burning Bright is fantastic!

"She's Gone Away" is such a massive wall of deafening sound. Love it.

She's Gone Away reminds me of something from Further Down the Spiral if Trent had let A Place To Bury Strangers do a remix. It's a track full of secrets that requires dedication to unravel it. I lurve it

//ARCANUM

I'm a huge NIN fan, THE FRAGILE is my favorite album of all time. I have the original vinyl, it's my holy grail.

That said, the first 2 tracks on NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS do very little for me. The last 3 are fantastic and the closest he's gotten to THE FRAGILE since that album came out.

I love that he's finally ready to dig into that material again and uncover what made it special.

Edit - also, iTunes sucks. I loaded the album in and synced with my iPhone with the white album cover. Then I realized he was using the green one and I changed it, and now no matter what I do, I get no album art on my iPhone. Ugh.

is this better than Hesitation Marks? that album was so disappointing. a couple listenable songs, but by NIN standards it was just so bad

will check it out once it's on spotify though!

edit

listened to burning bright and it's not too shabby!

Stainless

Really, really dig it. I don't want to make any hyperbolic statements at the moment but I'm enjoying it a lot.
This song is major standout, it's fantastic.

Am literally listening to this right now for the first time, I absolutely love this track

Bread

Banned
is this better than Hesitation Marks? that album was so disappointing. a couple listenable songs, but by NIN standards it was just so bad

will check it out once it's on spotify though!

edit

listened to burning bright and it's not too shabby!
its pretty great buddy!

I liked Hesitation Marks but I'm liking the more rock driven EP that this is. I'm also psyched to hear a full length album and tour are coming in 2017. I've never seen NIN live and want to this time around.

I have been to countless concerts across all genres, and I say this without any hesitation - NIN are one of the best live bands on the planet. Always worth seeing, always an outrageously good show.

I like the EP. It showcases the more industrial aspect of NIN and less so the poppier aspect. I wouldn't call it mindblowing but it is pretty neat. It makes sense that this is the beginning of something bigger though, and I'm psyched that the hint at big things coming in 2017 seems to be legit. I've been waiting for NIN time for a while now!

Ninhead

Sooooooooooooooooooooo... I just tried the link from my email last night, and Deviations is currently downloading. 4.9 gig.

RedStep

Sooooooooooooooooooooo... I just tried the link from my email last night, and Deviations is currently downloading. 4.9 gig.

Sadface... I ordered Ghosts, The Fragile, Deviations, and Events... the minute they went live on 12/16.

My Downloads link only shows Ghosts and Events, the others are just lost to the wind (until midnight, I'm sure, but it doesn't dampen my sorrow).

Dan-o

Well shit. I finished the 4.9GB download of Fragile Deviations 1 and... ZIP file is invalid. Won't open in Windows Explorer or 7-zip. Balls.

edit: got it to work! Right-click, 7-zip, Open Archive (2nd option), ZIP.

Looks like there's duplicates of every file. The fuck?

edit2: FRAGILE DEVIATIONS IS HALO THIRTY OMG BBQ!

edit3: Ah fuck. The files won't play in iTunes, WMP, or Groove. The fuck, Reznor? The. Fuck.

edit4: Got it working. When you unzip, if it asks you to copy over the already extracted files, say no. In other words, only extract the FIRST of each duplicate file.

credits_wip104-copy.jpg

More Grohl, and some Navarro.

//ARCANUM

As I feared, my ordering deviations at the same time as not the actual events has left me with no download link for deviations. :( lame as hell.

Chumley

Banned
Branches and Dear World are like Trent on fucking autopilot, really disappointing tracks that honestly shouldn't have even been released. The other 3 are solid though. Idea of You is my favorite.

Chumley

Banned
After listening a couple of times I think Atticus is the problem here. He's great for soundtracks but the only really cool shit in this like the main tune in Burning Bright and the soundwall of Idea of You is pure Trent.

edit: Burning Bright is my fave now, that tune is just so fucking rad

Same here, it seems.

Is that what's going on? That buying the new EP inadvertently blocks you from downloading the other things you bought if done in the same order?

As someone who bought literally everything and really, really wants to listen to The Fragile Deviations, that sucks. My download link only allows me to download Not The Actual Events and nothing else I bought. Support hasn't gotten back to me yet either.

As I feared, my ordering deviations at the same time as not the actual events has left me with no download link for deviations. :( lame as hell.

So I didn't order Not The Actual Events but I did order Deviations and Downward Spiral on vinyl, with the download. Haven't been sent a link. Am I already dead?

MilkLizard

Yeah I ordered the new EP and the Downward Vinyl and haven't received a link for Downward either. Not that I need it but still lame.

Download is taking forever! Purposely catching a later tram to work so I'm only using WiFi to grab it. Gah

Edit: finally finished. I chose the mp3 version and the zip file size was 4.91 GB.

SandTorso

The new EP is probably the best NIN material since Year Zero. I really like it, just wish there was more. Really cool that Grohl was on track 4, I did think to myself "huh, actual drums?" when I first heard it.

I REALLY want to hear the broken and fragile remasters, but I don't know if I can justify spending $105 on just those two right now.

Dan-o

So, listening to The Fragile Deviations 1... I'm reminded of just how dull the production is... on Even Deeper. Every other track is dense with sound and they're all beautiful.but I always felt that that one never really fit in. Yes, I know it's the one Dre produced, so that's almost definitely why, but I'd love to hear an alternate version, and not just an instrumental... but a total reworking of the song.

Pretty frustrating some people have received their Deviations 1 download and others, including me, haven't been sent a download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom