• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct March 08

KRyPT

Neo Member
Luigi port, Mario & Luigi port, Captain Toad port, Little Nightmares port, South Park port, Undertale port, Okami port, Dark Souls port, Crash Bandicoot port, Hyrule Warriors port...

Barakov

Gold Member
Luigi port, Mario & Luigi port, Captain Toad port, Little Nightmares port, South Park port, Undertale port, Okami port, Dark Souls port, Crash Bandicoot port, Hyrule Warriors port...
And I thought PS4/Xbox1 got a lot of ports.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Smash 5 OMFG!!!!! InklingS!!!!!!

Oh well, Smash. Finally, even though I'm not a big fan of it, it should obviously happen.

Overall, pretty meh, other than SOLAIRE AMIIBO!!!!

Fledz

This was a complete waste of 30min. The only thing of note was Smash and I'm not even interested in that game.

buizel

Banned
i missed all of this, just in time for splatoon and smash bros lol fucking waste of time

i own smash on 3ds and wii u would rather pay for extra characters like i did with mewtwo and cloud .. yawwwwn

Fbh

So. More ports.

And the big announcement is that I get the chance to pay $60 for another 4 years old WiiU port

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well we didn't get TMS#FE but atleast we got release date for PROJECT OCTOPATH, Im really hype for that game.

Last edited:

woopWOOP

Alright, that Smash reveal as incoming certain doom was pretty funny

I was already pretty happy with the Dillon and Kirby extra character announcements, but then they finished up with a Splatoon expansion and Smash confirmation.
I honestly didn't expect much, but for me this Direct more than delivered

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
The price everyone must pay for not buying Wii U

b..but i did, and toad, and smash and all that shite.

good for me.

though im excited to play luigis mansin 1 in 3d. it better be in 3d :<

i love the 3d feature, much more impressive to me than HD and shit like that for some reasion lol.

edit: yeh i went in with 0 expectations, forgot to watch this live, and happy as a result.

Last edited:

Graven

Octopath might sell me on the system.

I'm curious about the new Smash, if it's just the WiiU's version with tweaks like Link design change, or a full new game.

Zannegan

Finally! Inklings in Smash Bros! Just give me an ARMS character and I'm set.

Did you guys notice that Link had his BotW look on? What do you think, heavily updated port or all new game? I can't wait for the GameXplain analysis of those 5 seconds when everyone is silhouetted.

Nobo-ty

Neo Member
Really liked the Direct, I’ll probably be picking up most of these titles for switch, even though I already owned Captain Toad, it was too adorable not to double dip. Now give me an amiibo of him dang it.

Shifty

Thought they accidentally played the Splatoon 1 reveal trailer for a minute at the end there.

Well done.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And we still didn't got TMS#FE, the only port I care about. God damn it!!!

Last edited:
Finally! Inklings in Smash Bros! Just give me an ARMS character and I'm set.

Did you guys notice that Link had his BotW look on? What do you think, heavily updated port or all new game? I can't wait for the GameXplain analysis of those 5 seconds when everyone is silhouetted.

HAL is the developer, not Bandai Namco. So I guess that is a new version.

kunonabi

Mario Tennis Aces looks way better than that garbage they crapped out on the Wii U.

Pretty nothing showing for me as far as the Switch goes. Okami is nice and my interest in Smash pretty much hinges on a castlevania character finally making it in but that's about it. Oh well, at least Octopath and No More Heroes are looking good.

Pretty stoked about luigi's mansion on the 3ds though

Are those directs always so boring ?

Guess I don't have to hurry with buying Switch at all since that content looked like something oriented for Nintendo only console owners.

On a plus side - port of Hyrule Warriors

Dubloon7

Banned
anyone feel the Solaire amiibo is pointless? once you join the covenant you get that gesture. they better bring over an artorias amiibo. place Artorias AND Solaire in Smash!

bosnianpie

Not much for me here since I don't own a Switch, was hoping for some 3DS stuff. I'm glad Crash Bandicoot is spreading to more consoles, I guess that increases the chance of seeing more of his games on PS4 aswell. It was a clever move to end with the Smash teaser otherwise I suspect many people would have been left disappointed. I'm still not convinced by Nintendo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well... at least we got a release date for Octopath Traveller and it's sooner than the leaked date.

Honestly the only thing coming out on Switch this year(?) that I'm remotely interested in.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Looking at it again it feels like it might be a port or maybe an expanded port

NovumAngel

Banned
anyone feel the Solaire amiibo is pointless? once you join the covenant you get that gesture. they better bring over an artorias amiibo. place Artorias AND Solaire in Smash!
Even if it ends up being useless it's still one of the coolest looking amiibo's to come out.

HAL is the developer, not Bandai Namco. So I guess that is a new version.
I could see Smash being technically a new game, but heavily reusing Smash U assets and models given how quick it's coming out. As long as Bayo stays I would be fine with that, especially if it has more and better modes (like a proper classic mode, and hopefully a adventure mode of some sort) than Smash U.

Top Bottom