• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Parapa the Rappa game for VIta / PS4 via Media Molecule and indies? - Rumor

Yasumi

Banned
What I heard was not Queasy games, for the record.

I'm not saying it isn't Queasy, I'm just saying that when I heard it that wasn't the team I was told. But rumors and stuff... you know how it goes.

It's happening though, that's what you should take out of this. And it may not be the only old sony IP given to an indie.

Oh god yes. A revival of character-based IPs would fill a hole the PS3 sorely needed filling. Maximum believe.

wait what this is legit

wat

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

VITA KILLER APP CONFIRMED AAAAAAAA

in truth i never really thought parappa was a particularly good game (although the series got better over time mechanically) but i love the style and music so much and i just want to see more of it

Magwik

Banned

I'm not saying it isn't Queasy, I'm just saying that when I heard it that wasn't the team I was told. But rumors and stuff... you know how it goes.

It's happening though, that's what you should take out of this. And it may not be the only old sony IP given to an indie.
Holy fuck this is amazing.
Mort ... would any of these IPs be Jak and Daxter?

op validated, sorry i doubted you op

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This is true.
And people will (or should, atleast) be happy with the indie team doing it.
I'm hyperventilating a bit...
Giving old IPs to indies sounds like a pretty good idea.
It's literally the best thing ever !! That means mass old IP revivals !! AND, with new spins on it. And you bet the only people working on it are people that love the IP to absolute death. And then, if they do a good job, Sony signs their next few games, and... yes.
I'm buying 10 copies.
If it's $15, I actually will. WATCH ME.
QWkQD3e

nampad

With famousmortimer's confirmation I hope the pieces the OP heard and famousmortimer didn't confirm are also true. Game needs to be on the Vita and Queasy and Media Molecule would just be great.

Amir0x

Banned
honestly it's kinda neat but I always thought Parappa was too simple a concept to really get into. I needed a lot more depth. But I understand, start of the music genre, people were getting their feet wet.

Camjo-Z

honestly it's kinda neat but I always thought Parappa was too simple a concept to really get into. I needed a lot more depth. But I understand, start of the music genre, people were getting their feet wet.

I agree somewhat, I still think the games are amazing but it's hardly due to the gameplay. I would hope that in 2013, the mechanics used back in 1996 wouldn't be left entirely unchanged.

Amir0x

Banned
how reliable is Famous Mortimer? Has he given out some big news in the past?

he has never given out a single leak worthy of merit ever in his time here. not even once! I mean there was sort of the time he said something but then he said it was just a guess and showed an image gif of Antonio Banderas.

I agree somewhat, I still think the games are amazing but it's hardly due to the gameplay. I would hope that in 2013, the mechanics used back in 1996 wouldn't be left entirely unchanged.

Oh, I agree, I hope they update it. I'm just tempering any enthusiasm until I see what such updates would be.

watershed

Banned
I feel.....I don't know how I feel. Does this even count as a rumor? You can just say "someone got drunk and told me some cool stuff!"
Edit: partially backed up by other posters?

Geek

Ninny Prancer
As much as I want there to be another Parappa the Rapper game, I don't believe for a second that Queasy and Media Molecule are involved.

This is true.

And people will (or should, atleast) be happy with the indie team doing it.

Ooooooooooooh shit. I skipped over the thread thinking it's an unsubstantiated rumour but now? Fucking awesome.

I still think Sony were stupid not to bring Parappa back during the rhythm game boom though. Like really stupid.

This is cool...but what else can they do with Parappa?

I dunno...sounds like it could be really dated if they just try and make it similar to the originals.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gotta believe it's not all in the mind

Squire

Banned
As much as I want there to be another Parappa the Rapper game, I don't believe for a second that Queasy and Media Molecule are involved.

I came back to point out that Yoshida I a huge fan of Sound Shapes. There's love for Queasy at Sony.

Also, MM being involved could just mean having producers from MM. I doubt they'd be moving around a lot of people for this.

I'd buy this on principle. Parappa on PS4 with Tearaway tech, this would be amazing!

Could work really well as a simple PSN game too if they didn't want to take a risk at retail.

After thinking about it for a little bit, the idea of smaller independant developers bringing back older IP's really gels with me.
They can concentrate on what actually made the franchises great without needing to 'AAA' the title into oblivion.

Top Bottom