• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Parapa the Rappa game for VIta / PS4 via Media Molecule and indies? - Rumor

I hate how Sony dumped all their cool characters and concepts during the ps3 era although maybe its because the market was different and everyone wanted gritty action shooters instead of cool games. Really hope we get some ps1 and ps2 era IPs back this gen

sn00zer

I hate how Sony dumped all their cool characters and concepts during the ps3 era although maybe its because the market was different and everyone wanted gritty action shooters instead of cool games. Really hope we get some ps1 and ps2 era IPs back this gen

????? Dude they do that every new gen....

What I heard was not Queasy games, for the record.

I'm not saying it isn't Queasy, I'm just saying that when I heard it that wasn't the team I was told. But rumors and stuff... you know how it goes.

It's happening though, that's what you should take out of this. And it may not be the only old sony IP given to an indie.

Holy shittttttt.

I started reading the thread title, got super excited, and then saw "rumor" on the end. Welp, this post brought me back to hyped. I would love a new Parappa!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Would buy instantly. This, along with Sony pushing their heritage recently, and Adam boyes comments about listening to what old games they'd want to see again, has me hoping we'll see a renaissance of older PS1/PS2 era games being refreshed for PS4 and Vita.

Withnail

Sounded kind of plausible even without the famousmortimer posts.

Mm is probably the Sony studio that makes the best use of music in a game, this was evident in LBP and it's especially evident in Tearaway. Queasy also has an obvious pedigree in this area. It's a good combination.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Would buy instantly. This, along with Sony pushing their heritage recently,NAND Adam house comments about listening to what old games they'd want to see again, has me hoping we'll see a renaissance of older PS1/PS2 era games being refreshed for PS4 and Vita.
Especially if you can hand those IP off to trusted indie devs. If this is a widespread thing, people like Housemarque and Q-Games (unless there some tension between them I started thinking) and maybe even Curve and Futurlab, could pick and choose which IP they'd like to work on and then go up to Sony and see what they can work out. Sony has tens, if not hundreds, of unused IP and outsourcing them to low risk, high ambition, fledging indie devs would be amazing. Hell, if it took 8 people to make Tearaway, I have faith when it comes to this other stuff.

And in the long term, I think Sony needs to start building and expanding these relationships now. If Cloud Gaming ever takes off they're going to need an insane amount of studios to keep their gaming divisions relevant after the console disappears. If cloud gaming gets big they need as many games exclusive to whatever service they have going when that happens. And honestly, I think Sony is gonna be pushing that the most. Staying ahead of the curve.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Especially if you can hand those IP off to trusted indie devs. If this is a widespread thing, people like Housemarque and Q-Games (unless there some tension between them I started thinking) and maybe even Curve and Futurlab, could pick and choose which IP they'd like to work on and then go up to Sony and see what they can work out. Sony has tens, if not hundreds, of unused IP and outsourcing them to low risk, high ambition, fledging indie devs would be amazing. Hell, if it took 8 people to make Tearaway, I have faith when it comes to this other stuff.

And in the long term, I think Sony needs to start building and expanding these relationships now. If Cloud Gaming ever takes off they're going to need an insane amount of studios to keep their gaming divisions relevant after the console disappears. If cloud gaming gets big they need as many games exclusive to whatever service they have going when that happens. And honestly, I think Sony is gonna be pushing that the most. Staying ahead of the curve.

Sounds perfect.

What I heard was not Queasy games, for the record.

I'm not saying it isn't Queasy, I'm just saying that when I heard it that wasn't the team I was told. But rumors and stuff... you know how it goes.

It's happening though, that's what you should take out of this. And it may not be the only old sony IP given to an indie.

Oh sheiiit. I got to believe.

Plopboy

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love a new Parapa but without confirmation of NanaOn-Sha being onboard I'm very weary of this rumor.

Rixa

Psst, read the thread.

This. I was reading first page, thinking there has to be something in this, cause poster is not yet banned (so many hours gone). Then I got the first Famousmortimers post and reaction was: Ok this makes sense, now I need to read this whole thread.

Superb.

Ulumsk

Praise SONY. Put it on the Vita and the display delay won't be such a big problem..

You look like you had a beer,
You look like your mind's not here

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Pour pour pour, the beer into the mug.

Drink drink drink, the beer into the mouth.

Blab blab blab, the secrets to your friends.

I gotta believe!

You know, if I knew about a secret new Parappa game it'd probably be fairly easy to get me to spill the beans too. That kind of joyous news must be hard to contain.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Time Crisis and Point Blank need to return too.

You know, if I knew about a secret new Parappa game it'd probably be fairly easy to get me to spill the beans too. That kind of joyous news must be hard to contain.
Honestly I can't think of any gaming news that would be harder to contain.

KAL2006

Banned
I honestly don't care for any pre PS3 Sony IP's, the ones that matter are still being made like Gran Turismo and the ones I like are not owned by Sony such as Crash Bandocoot. The pre PS3 era that makes me remember Sony systems are actually 3rd party games.

V_Ben

Banned

I'm surprised it stayed hidden for this long!

(If it isn't Queasy, I want it to be Capy. CAN YOU IMAGINE THEIR BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL ART FOR A PARAPA GAME.)

I'm pretty sure Media Molecule had nothing to do with LBP Karting.
They helped them with the engine and looked over the project... Same diff here with the Tearaway engine

MM is just looking on making sure they are on Track... Sony made MM do this multiple times with multiple studios

This is true.
And people will (or should, atleast) be happy with the indie team doing it.
He He

Good Good

Musiol

New Parappa on Tearaway engine would be glorious. But I'm more intrigued by Mortimer post about more Sony's IP in hands of indie devs. IP from PlayStation era? Man, Colony Wars, G-Police, Jumping Flash on their VR system, Alundra, Destruction Derby... Dreams can really come true.

Top Bottom