• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PES 2017 hands-on impressions, gameplay

shoplifter

I'm curious as to why the developers left in the old method of doing kick-offs considering the FIFA law changes were announced months ago. I should be able to play the ball directly backwards, damnit!

PaulLFC

Konami won't be sending out review codes (well at least to the publication I write for - North American based) until launch as per the last conversation I had with them.
That's strange. It's not like the game is bad, if anything the vast majority of feedback from the demo or people who've played early builds has been fantastic. You'd think they'd want to get word out about the game.

This is how improrted FC Bayern and MU looks in PES 2017

x8nbhcjn9akx.jpg

and juve

VpykYGytBgM.jpg
RIP Martial.

Bumhead

Banned
Konami won't be sending out review codes (well at least to the publication I write for - North American based) until launch as per the last conversation I had with them.

Wonder if that's just NA.

The likes of Videogamer.com and Eurogamer seem to have been strong supporters of PES and reviewing it well for a few years now. I'd be genuinely surprised if they and other European outlets didn't get review code.

Griss

Tried the demo, and for the first time in a long time I really, really liked it - almost without reservation.

It's just faster and more fun than FIFA, and more random 'football' things tend to happen in it. That said, while I like the faster pace of passing and shooting, there are times the ball comes off the boot so fast that the physics appear unrealistic. Also, the spin of the ball off the boot often feels wrong - there's too much 'outside of the boot' spin on normal shots.

Also, how do you just put your foot through the ball and shoot without spin? Both normal shots and R2 shots have tons of spin on them. Sometimes I just want to hammer the fucking ball with the bridge of my foot.

LAM09

Surprised if that's the case in EU as well, as review copies are normally sent out at least a week prior to launch going by years gone by.

Robso

It looks like PES Universe will be the place to go to for the Option File.

Correct Team Names - All unlicensed teams are renamed correctly e.g Man Red will be Manchester United.

Professional Quality Kits - All kits are replicated to professional quality with even the smallest details included.

Full HD Team Crests - Crystal clear, high quality crests for every team in every league.

Full HD League Emblems - Every league will boast a high quality logo.

Extra Teams - Teams missing such as Bayern Munich & Celtic have been fully created and replicated.

Extra Leagues - Fully replicated Bundesliga and LIGA MX are also included on the USB FREE of charge with more exclusive leagues such as Primera A to be added over the months in free updates.

Player Faces & Hairstyles - To ensure authenticity, extra faces have been added as well as player's hairstyles being updated to their most current style.

Managers - Every team will have a real manager face and name.

Real life tactics & formations - All teams will play true to life: Pep Guardiola's Man City will play quick passing possession based football, Liverpool will use Jürgen Klopp’s ‘gegenpressing’ etc.

Stadiums - All stadiums will be named correctly and all grass patterns, net design and seat colours will be assigned correctly.

Exclusive classic kits - Classic kits such as Man United's 1999 treble winning kit, France 1998 & Brazil's 1970 world cup kit are included as bonuses.

Bonus content - For 7 days only, those who preorder will get exclusive fantasy kits for myClub and Master League.*

* This bonus content is only if you pre order the OF. Everything, besides the Bonus content, is totally free! What they're charging for is everything in folders ready. The free version means putting content in folders yourself. The paid for version is £4.99.

I'm not sure what to do myself. That seems a good price for a ready made option file. It seems putting all that content in folders yourself will take a few hours.

nikos

Anyone know if it'll be possible to play co-op with an online friend vs others, like in FIFA? Not referring to 2015's mode where a player controlled each character.

LAM09

Anyone know if it'll be possible to play co-op with an online friend vs others, like in FIFA? Not referring to 2015's mode where a player controlled each character.

There is talk of a 2v2 ranked mode being patched in according to everyone's friend, the brand manager.

I know it's probably as simple as what it says but just so i've got this right, does "adding the Bundesliga" mean they've made every player in all the teams, done their faces, done the kits and everything?

Kazooie

Banned
It looks like PES Universe will be the place to go to for the Option File.

Correct Team Names - All unlicensed teams are renamed correctly e.g Man Red will be Manchester United.

Professional Quality Kits - All kits are replicated to professional quality with even the smallest details included.

Full HD Team Crests - Crystal clear, high quality crests for every team in every league.

Full HD League Emblems - Every league will boast a high quality logo.

Extra Teams - Teams missing such as Bayern Munich & Celtic have been fully created and replicated.

Extra Leagues - Fully replicated Bundesliga and LIGA MX are also included on the USB FREE of charge with more exclusive leagues such as Primera A to be added over the months in free updates.

Player Faces & Hairstyles - To ensure authenticity, extra faces have been added as well as player's hairstyles being updated to their most current style.

Managers - Every team will have a real manager face and name.

Real life tactics & formations - All teams will play true to life: Pep Guardiola's Man City will play quick passing possession based football, Liverpool will use Jürgen Klopp’s ‘gegenpressing’ etc.

Stadiums - All stadiums will be named correctly and all grass patterns, net design and seat colours will be assigned correctly.

Exclusive classic kits - Classic kits such as Man United's 1999 treble winning kit, France 1998 & Brazil's 1970 world cup kit are included as bonuses.

Bonus content - For 7 days only, those who preorder will get exclusive fantasy kits for myClub and Master League.*

* This bonus content is only if you pre order the OF. Everything, besides the Bonus content, is totally free! What they're charging for is everything in folders ready. The free version means putting content in folders yourself. The paid for version is £4.99.

I'm not sure what to do myself. That seems a good price for a ready made option file. It seems putting all that content in folders yourself will take a few hours.
Tempted to pay just to support PES universe and for the convinience but couldn't someone just upload the complete thing to a file hosting website?

Bumhead

Banned
Tempted to pay just to support PES universe and for the convinience but couldn't someone just upload the complete thing to a file hosting website?

Aren't PES World working on largely the exact same content with absolutely no plans to charge?

Robso

I know it's probably as simple as what it says but just so i've got this right, does "adding the Bundesliga" mean they've made every player in all the teams, done their faces, done the kits and everything?

Yes, I believe so. Worth double checking with PES Universe, but I'm 99.9% sure that is the case.

They could. Depends if anybody bothers, however.

Aren't PES World working on largely the exact same content with absolutely no plans to charge?

Not to the degree of PES Universe it seems. PES World are saying they'll have 'something' ready for day one. PES Universe isn't charging for the content. They're charging for the content being ready for you to put on your console straight away. The free version must be done yourself.

Bumhead

Banned
Ah.

Really didn't want to and not sure I agree with it, but for the sake of a fiver if they have this full file ready for launch and organised completely, I might just do it.

PaulLFC

They are probably doing something similar, but it won't be ready day 1 like PES Universe are promising.
They've said on Twitter they'll have "something" ready for day one - I think it's telling they described it as 'something' though - not sure how full featured it'll be. Maybe just Premier League teams.
Ah.

Really didn't want to and not sure I agree with it, but for the sake of a fiver if they have this full file ready for launch and organised completely, I might just do it.
Same - I just bought it - I have no issues supporting the time and effort, my only concern is once you start charging for option files, it opens potential legal issues for the game in the future. Hopefully I'm jumping to conclusions there.

Bumhead

Banned
Same - I just bought it - I have no issues supporting the time and effort, my only concern is once you start charging for option files, it opens potential legal issues for the game in the future. Hopefully I'm jumping to conclusions there.

Did you register before buying?

I bought without being registered. Paid through PayPal. Will they just email to the PayPal address?

PaulLFC

Did you register before buying?

I bought without being registered. Paid through PayPal. Will they just email to the PayPal address?
I did the same - I'm guessing (hoping!) they just email to the PayPal address. I have the confirmation from PayPal so I'll just contact them if there's any issues.

mauaus

went ahead and bought the kits from pes universe, its a lot of work and it makes the game more enjoyable than the generic crap it comes with.

tanuki

It's great they've finally made it easy to apply these option files; it's always been so complicated before. Anyone remember the PS2 days of buying the latest Winning Eleven (because it was always released a few months before PES), ripping the disc image to PC, applying the translation and kit patches, burning it back to disc (with the possibility of a few coasters on the way). Don't miss those days...

So quite happy to stump up a few quid for the benefit of doing very little to have real kits etc.

Bumhead

Banned
I did the same - I'm guessing (hoping!) they just email to the PayPal address. I have the confirmation from PayPal so I'll just contact them if there's any issues.

Confirmed, got an email response back.

"The option file will be sent to your email address you used to pay via PayPal at latest by next Thursday 15th, probably a bit earlier"

Excited!

Sturtiebe

Can i share option file with someone ? I don't have paypal and want it also :)

I give the half of the price then with bank transfer.

Yes, I believe so. Worth double checking with PES Universe, but I'm 99.9% sure that is the case.

Cheers, yeah that seems to be the case. Ordered the option file off them, fivers a snip for all the work they've done. Got the game off the US store as well earlier, had $60 on there anyway after getting a NMS refund and i aren't too bothered about online.

It's about 19gig for anyone wondering.

Also the stats for the teams/players are out there.
http://www.pesmaster.com/
Some controversy in there no doubt.

PaulLFC

Cheers, yeah that seems to be the case. Ordered the option file off them, fivers a snip for all the work they've done. Got the game off the US store as well earlier, had $60 on there anyway after getting a NMS refund and i aren't too bothered about online.

Apparently that includes the legends, so plenty of Barcelona ones in there - but considering they announced Liverpool legends, I can't believe they haven't included Kenny Dalglish. Only thing I can think of is some sort of rights licensing issue because if not, that's a big oversight to claim to feature Liverpool legends and then not include Kenny.

No Darlington Nagbe on the USMNT is weird.

Jimrpg

Not that I was going to buy this - but there are only two regions without PES 2017 on steam - Japan and Malaysia. GREAT!

Glad I got in last year on PES 2016 I suppose.

And looks like the Russian price is the equivalent of US$57. There's gonna be a lot of piracy if that's the real price.

PaulLFC

The Asia release is tomorrow already. Gonna finish the OT now and put it up soon. This way we have a cozy new thread :)
Looking forward to it! Thursday needs to hurry up. If you're reading this Konami, simultaneous worldwide release next year yes?

Top Bottom