• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Platinum Games Title - Vanquish (Mikami TPS, PS3/360, Winter 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

duckroll said:
Mad World - Wii
Infinite Space - DS
Bayonetta - PS3/360

Next game - PSP?
Did they have a 3-game thing with Sega or a 4-game thing? Because honestly if Sega decides, I'm guessing it would be PSP.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
red shoe paul said:
Definitely an awesome countdown graphic, hoping to see Bayonetta PSP.

if it's a handheld port then SEGA's almighty porting Team can do it.

and ports is A-ok with SEGA and PG , why not Bayo Wii ? you know Wii doing super crazy-insane in Japan right now it will be a missed opportunity if they didn't put Bayo on it.

but then again , i don't see P.G doing ports.

Chuck Norris said:
2.5D Bayonetta on PSP, Viewtiful Joe style

Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble bombed no ? it will be one huge risky move to do another clone of that on PSP .

TreIII

upandaway said:
Did they have a 3-game thing with Sega or a 4-game thing? Because honestly if Sega decides, I'm guessing it would be PSP.

It was 4 games.

Also, there's this old IGN article. Where Mikami talked about this game.

February 21, 2008 - Former Capcom producer/director Shinji Mikami is the latest developer to be featured in Famitsu as part of a series of interviews in commemoration of the magazine's 1000th issue.

Now an employee of Platinum Games, a new studio formed by former Clover and Capcom talent, Mikami recently made headlines by announcing through his blog that he has at long last started on his new project.

Considering that the new game hasn't been formally announced by Platinum or whatever publisher it's working with, it shouldn't be too surprising to learn that Mikami didn't get too specific with Famitsu in discussing the game. The magazine asked him when we can expect to see the fruits of his labor, to which he responded a noncommittal, "It's just started so I'm not sure, but maybe within two years."

Mikami is serving as the director on this title, a role that he seems to relish. "I've been separated from development for so long that I'm just having so much fun," he said. Perhaps too much fun. Always the jokester, he also noted, "It's possible that the next title will, both physically and mentally, be my last."

- http://wii.ign.com/articles/854/854139p1.html

Possibly his last game as being a director? Say it ain't so, Mikami! >_<

Any way, I wouldn't count the fact that it was Wii IGN article as being a hint of the game's platform. Just a precaution. :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TreIII said:
It was 4 games.

Also, there's this old IGN article. Where Mikami talked about this game.

- http://wii.ign.com/articles/854/854139p1.html

Possibly his last game as being a director? Say it ain't so, Mikami! >_<

Any way, I wouldn't count the fact that it was Wii IGN article as being a hint of the game's platform. Just a precaution. :D
Hmm, well, he has another project with Grasshoppper and EA, and since that hasn't been unveiled yet, it seems that this isn't actually his last. :p

twenty1

Banned
whatever it is its good to see this studio with steady work.....these types of small creative studios are a real gem to the industry.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm isn't Mikami 'just' acting as a producer on that game, not necessarily directing it?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nirolak said:
Hmm, well, he has another project with Grasshoppper and EA, and since that hasn't been unveiled yet, it seems that this isn't actually his last. :p

to be fair he beheaded himself and was able to stay alive , so doing 2 games simultaneously as his last one is nothing compared to that.

but wasn't Suda the director of that EAxGrasshoppper project ?

anyway Hiroshi Shibata the original RE4 director ( the fog/hook version ) is with P.G , so Mikami can be the producer or Creative Director ( like Amy Hanning in Uncharted 2 )

lets wait and see.

TreIII

Rez said:
correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm isn't Mikami 'just' acting as a producer on that game, not necessarily directing it?

Yeah, he's producer when it comes to the EA/Suda deal.

But this upcoming P* joint may or may not end up being the last one he actually directs. That would be a sad day, if true.

2e4ep8j.png

D:

Kuraudo said:
Remember when the OP thought it was 72 days?

It's probably not 27 either, folks.
Days/hours/minutes/seconds/milliseconds. It fits. Besides, when OP thought it was 72 the countdown didn't change, he just read it wrong. Now it changed from before. Hopefully it's just a mistake.

shuyin_

Banned
upandaway said:
A 4-game contract and they said the Mikami game will only be announced after the 1st 3 games will be released IIRC. That is why it's probably The Ritualist which was TMed by SEGA. At least logic would dictate this :d

He also works on another project with Grasshopper and EA. That is a horror game and it was stated that it is different from his project @Platinum.

wrowa

This can't be Mikami's game. Everyone know that Mikami disappeared without a trace. That's why we haven't heard anything either about his PG project nor about his Suda project in quite some time.

Gilgamesh

wrowa said:
This can't be Mikami's game. Everyone know that Mikami disappeared without a trace. That's why we haven't heard anything either about his PG project nor about his Suda project in quite some time.
But we're going to hear about that in just one week 27 days.

ArjanN said:
This. Or PS3/360/PC multi-platform at least.

No handheld or single console exclusive thanks. The more people that can play it the better.
If you want more people to play it, wouldn't handhelds be the best choice?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ShockingAlberto said:
If you want more people to play it, wouldn't handhelds be the best choice?
not if you want people in the West to buy it.

TreIII

On another note, what if this had something to do with the supposed thing that they talked about in the recent 1up podcast, "A new Shinobi game using the Bayonetta engine"? (heard about it over at SRK)

Granted, they wouldn't necessarily need P* personnel to make such a thing happen, but it be interesting to see nonetheless.

Hopefully Sega's PS3 team gets the help of the RGG/Yakuza team over at Amusement, or something, if it was going to be a PS3/360 deal again...

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
So it seems the countdown will expire this Thursday. Something in Famitsu this week?
Wonder why it reset.
Should be a good week though, if there's a new MSxCapcom game and new PG game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom