• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer (shows the leaked Pokémon)

Anyone else find it a bit odd that we just got new Pokemon? This is usually around the sort of time they reveal something story related i.e a Gym Leader or two or the evil team.

Kyzon

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT'S REAL. It even has an evolution.

Obaku-sama_YW4-018.png

Drowzee ain't got no teeth. But yes, all three spawn from the same legend about a tapir-like monster that eats dreams.

Fred Fredburger's mom?

I'm not one to complain about Pokemon designs, but Christ, between all those there was none I liked :/ . The electric flying bug is the least worse.

Also, is it my impression or are most of those electric?

Bacs

Neo Member
Just woke up to this news...not really for sure how I feel. I love Cutiefly and Tapukoko, but my initial thought on the others were jarring. I'll probably warm up to them.

ash_ag

9eEEbII.jpg

This is a really cool design as well, based on things like moth designs looking like predators eyes to scare off other predators - is that a combusken head it forms?

Perhaps now we know how Strange Souvenir's design works.

Incidentally, Silktree from Bulbagarden discovered the likely source of its inspiration, which is the Hawaiian deity Lono.

Lono was the god of healing, a peaceful god prayed to for protection and worshipped by farmers. He was the god of fertility for the land and for this people, the god of rain and abundant crops. Lono was lord of the clouds, thunder and lightning, a god that presided over a time of peace and the months of harvest.

If he's right about it, there may be three more Guardians, perhaps one for each island of Alola, one based on each of Ku, Lono, Kane and Kanaloa.

Goodstyle

I wish they would slow down on creating new mons. There are far too many already :/

... It's a new game, they kinda have to make new Pokemon. Unless of course you're saying you wish they'd slow down in making them, which is fair I guess.

KingDirk

I feel entirely undiscriminating because I legit love all these Pokémon. Favea right now are the beetlebus and Drampa. Also think the fish is a perfect "ugly" Pkmn.

Wiz

I really hope the Bug/Electric Beetle turns out to be good, and not just another early game bug type. Because it looks so cool

yeah some of these a pretty cool

still nothing is ever gonna beat dedenne in pika clones

I really hope the Bug/Electric Beetle turns out to be good, and not just another early game bug type. Because it looks so cool

early game bug types do not have a very good history sadly, the only one i think is any good is beedrill and that's only because of his mega

Berordn

As long as the movepool is there, early game bug isn't an awful fate. Beautifly became a staple for me in Hoenn from the moment I got it and rode the fastpass to the hall of fame.

I like them all! Neverending dragon, bus bug, fatachu, little mosquito and sassy fish.

But do you guys agree that the official art looks bad? They look good in game but the official pics make them look like neopets. Too glossy I guess

ionitron

Sorry can't like that Dragon, it's so derpy.

Ya'll crazy I thought there'd be more discussion about Tapu Koko, that one's insane.

rwNddAF.png

I love it.

Top Bottom