• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer (shows the leaked Pokémon)

yoonshik

poketrenywuhe.jpg

Not mine, but lol

Quonny

Looks like they're to the point where they take a generic animal and throw colored shapes on them. Like a toddler drawing on the wall.

Kyzer

Banned
looks like you get attacked by some spearow in the beginning and tapu koko saves you

Evolution is now a ball of energy that descends from the sky

Looks like they're to the point where they take a generic animal and throw colored shapes on them. Like a toddler drawing on the wall.

Like which one?

Zomba13

sonichuf6j0o.gif

HE'S PERF

YES!
I will catch one and name him Sonic. I do hope he gets an evolution. It sucks how Pikachu is the only electric rodent that evolves. Like, I love me my Pika and Rai but I'd like a chnage, I'd like at least one gens Pikachu rip-off to evolve. I mean, yeah, Marril kinda counts, but I mean electric type clearly meant to evoke "it's Pikachu!".

I like them, dunno about that fish though.

I am fully behind our new Pika clone.

Man I don't know. Emolga has been the peak for me.

He is cute though but, I don't know.

YES!
I will catch one and name him Sonic. I do hope he gets an evolution. It sucks how Pikachu is the only electric rodent that evolves. Like, I love me my Pika and Rai but I'd like a chnage, I'd like at least one gens Pikachu rip-off to evolve. I mean, yeah, Marril kinda counts, but I mean electric type clearly meant to evoke "it's Pikachu!".

Doubt he will have an evolution, since he is the same slot, Minun/Pusle, Pachiritsu, Emolga and Dedenne are in as the "New electric mouse."

YES!

yeah like that's gonna happen, one of GF biggest regret is Raichu and they don't want that to ever happen again

IHaveIce

Banned
WOW those look horrible, it is a unwritten rule that the newest gen has to be the ugliest it seems.

Diamond and Pearl gen looking like masterpieces compared to this shit

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

man I sure hope you don't look at nature because you're in for quite a treat

Zomba13

yeah like that's gonna happen, one of GF biggest regret is Raichu and they don't want that to ever happen again

But why not? These Pikachu rip-offs aren't anywhere near as popular as Pikachu and are forgettable and dime a dozen (anyone remember or care about the squirrel?). They aren't going to make Pikachu 2.0 and launch another multimillion dollar marketting success off of Sonichu here, so why not let him evolve so he becomes a Pokémon people will get attached to and grow with like the starters?

Galang

Banned
Tapu Koko looks fucking awesome, and the rest are mostly just okay. Bruxish has got to be one of the ugliest pokemon ever tho.. gross

Zelias

Banned
Dragon, final electric bug evo, Pikaclone and Cutiefly are cool.

Tapu Koko is kinda meh. The fish and Charjabug are terrible.

But why not? These Pikachu rip-offs aren't anywhere near as popular as Pikachu and are forgettable and dime a dozen (anyone remember or care about the squirrel?). They aren't going to make Pikachu 2.0 and launch another multimillion dollar marketting success off of Sonichu here, so why not let him evolve so he becomes a Pokémon people will get attached to and grow with like the starters?

I think they already know it won't. I mean a lot of Not-Xs tend to not be as popular as the original. So I really don't think they care.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I'm wondering the logic behind normal / dragon or normal / whatever, frankly. Like Diggersby and Pryroar last gen. I dont get it.

Juraash

Really digging all of these except the one patterned after the Hawaiian state fish which I'm still a little on the fence about. I like the tie in and I like the fish irl, so the design will probably grow on me.

Kinsei

Banned
What the hell? This gen has the best designs in several generations. I never thought I would think a mosquito is cute.

That's not a mosquito, it's a bee fly. They are super cute in real life too.

f565935bcf5d89a11d261af1db9bfc0c.jpg

I'm totes gonna have one on my team when I do my second playthrough (Sun).

you clearly dont know how much they use each pikachu clone each gen right? like they get a bunch of marketing and it not evolving means they don't have to risk on which form will get more popular and ends out to be easier in the long run also

(anyone remember or care about the squirrel?)

clearly you don't cause every one went nuts when it turned out to be the surprise sleeper of pokemon worlds 2014 where it was part of the winning team

Raichu is baller af, dunno why GameFreak regrets him.

because pikachu not being the final evo limits what they can do with it

I'm wondering the logic behind normal / dragon or normal / whatever, frankly. Like Diggersby and Pryroar last gen. I dont get it.

Pryroar is because it has alot of sound themed attacks (including it's signature move noble roar) and they are all usually normal type, so it's to give him some stabs as for Diggersby? i don't know probably same reason as Bibarel, usually early game mons have normal type

Comet

I honestly really like all of these designs. I will say Tapu Koko or w/e screams X/Y generation design to me. The rest are a lot of fun.

Top Bottom