• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokken character being revealed on the 15th January

Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan aside, the tekken analogs are more like Steve and Hwoarang.

Right. You know it's kinda funny that Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are named as they are when they fight nothing like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan.

Hmm.... wouldn't Ditto be Mokujin...?

List of Final Stage pokemon that aren't fish or assists with ラ

Man, almost all of these are good choices... Swampert, Heracross, Kingdra, Sableye, Flygon, Hydreigon... Vanilluxe would be hilarious to see too. I hope it's Vanilluxe.

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Tentacruel
Slowbro
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan

Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Umbreon
Granbull
Heracross
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert

Mightyena
Sableye
Aggron
Manectric
Flygon
Latias
Latios
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Chatot
Drapion
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Sigilyph
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
Galvantula
Chandelure (pretty sure this appears in Haunted House background)
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum
Bolded the pokemon that I think have better odds of being the pick.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Ooo, I just noticed that Spheal is an option. Sounds good to me.

Vuapol

List of Final Stage pokemon that aren't fish or assists with ラ

I would be very happy with over half the Pokemon on that list, and that is a very long list.
Raichu, Hitmontrio, Heracross, Marowak, Flygon, Darkrai, Hydreigon, Tyrantrum, and quite a few others. I've been really liking the Pokken team's choices (Pikachu Libre/Hawlucha debacle aside). So I have faith--

Luxray
Giratina

YOOOOO

MY BOYS

THESE TWO, YOU SHOULD PICK THESE TWO.

Yeah, it's probably gonna be Swampert, good catch on the letter coloring. But still, let a man dream for a little bit~

Akiraptor

Mm, out of that list of Pokémon with ラ in the name I'd definitely like to see Aerodactyl. Though it doesn't have the right body shape for a fighting game I don't think. Then again, wouldn't have expected Suicune either and I'm sure that'll be my favorite fighter.

WarAdept

Let's go Drapion!

drapion.jpg

Jawmuncher

Can it be a human so I can see a trainer fighting machamp hand to hand. Make it a guest character like heihachi, since he got snubbed from smash, and someone has to teach that wresting pikachu anyway

EulaCapra

Heracross would be a good Bug addition. And Florges would be a logical Fairy and Gen VI rep (which the game lacks).

But I guess it's gonna be Swampert then. Funny really. It's the three Hoenn Pokemon most everyone thought would be playable before and after Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And now they might all really make it in a different kind of fighting game.

JazzmanZ

I like how people are listing English names for the pokemon, when its pretty obvious that it's talking about the japan names.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TYRANTRUM PLS

I WANT TO RAMPAGE

Also the blue thing doesn't assure anything. Don't forget it's a two-color tone (Green and Red) when Sceptile was revealed.

This is most likely Heracross, Vanilluxe, or Malamar if we strictly go by that.

Zalman

It's definitely Tyranitar.

Really hoping for some love for Gen 5 and 6 though.

Oh, Heracross is an option too? Yeah, he's pretty likely too.

Phu

Banned
I like how people are listing English names for the pokemon, when its pretty obvious that it's talking about the japan names.

Looks like they are using English names [so we understand] of the Japanese names that qualify. Just looking at the last list posted I see Umbreon which lacks ra/la but has the Japanese name of Blacky.

mega

EDIT

wait what

we got all colors wrong

Pokken-Tournament-Fighter-Dec-10-Tease.jpg

OP is Green/Red.

So I think it's just random.

i dont know anymore, i'm just gonna wait it out cause i really dont care who gets in from this point on

Hmm.... wouldn't Ditto be Mokujin...?

why do people keep thinking Ditto would be Mokujin

Ditto copies whatever it's fighting against while Mokujin copies a random character

Ditto would make more sense as a mirror match option

Boss Doggie

i dont know anymore, i'm just gonna wait it out cause i really dont care sho gets in from this point on

Same, as long as it's not another gen 1 or 3 pokemon I'm fine, and I'll be doubly delighted if it's a gen 6 mon.

You do realize that if you actually look at the list you'll see plenty of names without "ra" right? That should have tipped you something.

Azuran

Banned
It's Florges guys. Gardevoir is the only fanservice we have so far which is not close to enough for a serious fighting game.

Same, as long as it's not another gen 1 or 3 pokemon I'm fine, and I'll be doubly delighted if it's a gen 6 mon.

yeah pretty much, i don't think i would hate another gen 3 poke but if i had the option i wouldn't want any more

no more gen 1 though, i don't want this game having the same problem as Smash

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, how come people didn't post this? It's in the news feed.

0jvzkc5.png

>Next week, Bandai Namco will be pulling back the curtain of another fighter on the way to Pokken Tournament. The announcement – which will likely come with a trailer – will be made on January 15. Only one clue has been shared: the Japanese name of the Pokemon has a letter ラ (ra) in it.

>50 staff members attempted to predict the Pokemon and their reactions were polled after knowing the result. Here are the results of that:

>– My prediction is correct! I’m really happy! – 1
>– My prediction missed, but I’m still glad – 13
>– My prediction missed, I’m salty – 31
>– I’m actually perplexed, so I can’t answer – 5

So it sounds like an off-the-wall pokemon if only 1 staff member predicted it and made people salty!

Hatchtag

Banned
Oh yeah, how come people didn't post this? It's in the news feed.

So it sounds like an off-the-wall pokemon if only 1 staff member predicted it and made people salty!

Chandelure, please god Chandelure.

But 1 staff member guessing it correctly means it actually exists, so no luchador pikachu shit.

Boss Doggie

There is no other answer.
Snorlax please.
Not part of the "ra" hint though.

Chandelure, please god Chandelure.

But 1 staff member guessing it correctly means it actually exists, so no luchador pikachu shit.

I'll go full conspiracy and use the colors as "types".

Since blue is used for those 31% salty people, they're Swampert fans!
1% is the one who got it right, and it's purple. So quick, think of poison or ghost types that fit the hint!

JoeM86

I think dismissing NFE Pokémon may be a bit silly.

Note: the above is speculation and not indicative of insider knowledge

Zalman

Scyther?
Rhydon?
Electabuzz?

So many could work. Obviously they don't fit this one, but dismissing them all is a bit silly
I hope we get some NFE ones just for the sake of variety, but in most cases the fully-evolved ones are just more popular. I think Scyther would be really cool though.

JoeM86

I hope we get some NFE ones just for the sake of variety, but in most cases the fully-evolved ones are just more popular. I think Scyther would be really cool though.

We need more Gen V and Gen VI love in the game too. Though Megas cover Gen VI, would be nice to see something like Barbaracle in it

Zalman

We need more Gen V and Gen VI love in the game too. Though Megas cover Gen VI, would be nice to see something like Barbaracle in it
Yeah, I've been wanting some Gen 5 and 6 ones for a while. I think Pangoro could work (Harada even called it one of his favorites). My personal not-gonna-happen wish is Excadrill.

JoeM86

Yeah, I've been wanting some Gen 5 and 6 ones for a while. I think Pangoro could work (Harada even called it one of his favorites). My personal not-gonna-happen wish is Excadrill.

I'd like Malamar. Malamar is my favourite Gen 6 Pokémon and is in all my VGC teams. It's so awesome

Top Bottom