• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PRINCE OF PERSIA!!!!

Dali said:
I think it was a smart remark meant to point out PoP existed before last gen. If that is the case it was ignoring other PoP's including the DC game.

I was just pointing out that there are 4 3D PoP games, since most people forget Prince of Persia 3D. That's all.

IzumiK

Banned
Ubisoft said:
And, I mean, with hype you have to time it properly, you know. There's a huge difference between speculation and actual confirmation, and I would much rather have the announcement pan out today with like my fun dramatic entrance and the cool teaser trailer than some random message board post that leaked on, you know... NeoGAF.
GAF said:
We already did.
lol

Who remembers?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It was meant to be found foos, it's not an accident:p

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Jaded Alyx said:
I was just pointing out that there are 4 3D PoP games, since most people forget Prince of Persia 3D. That's all.

To be fair, they forget it for good reason.

kaleii

Ok, so when can we expect real news then? Both Edge and Gamereactor have planned POP articles for their next releases in the second week of May. So we'll hopefully hear something very soon.

57.jpg

alistairw said:
To be fair, they forget it for good reason.

Bah, it's a good game. You need to be very precise in your movements, for sure (be in exactly the right place in order to properly make the jump, etc), and it's a slow paced game, and it could really use save anywhere (as I'd hope the PC version has, but I only have it on DC), but it's fun. Hard, too... you need to really learn the levels and know what to do in each situation in order to progress. Good sense of atmosphere as well.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
kaleii said:
Ok, so when can we expect real news then? Both Edge and Gamereactor have planned POP articles for their next releases in the second week of May. So we'll hopefully hear something very soon.

*cover*
For a second there I thought that was the prince with a mechnical arm before I realized it was Bionic Commando art. :lol

Um... I've got character artwork from this game on my comp from that ubisoft leak last year.
I'm not sure I'd be allowed to post such a thing though.

Raide

Yoboman said:
Oh great, hopefully this is more like the first one.

"Corruption, decay"

Oh.*sigh*

:lol Wow, game hate based on meta name tags :lol

Wait until Ubidays and you will find out more about it no doubt. :D

KurowaSan

it'll be nice to play the game now that the new prince will not be able to use the sands of time
...i-i guess... in before "this is the previous prince's son and is able to alter time at will" :lol
I'm really hyped, i loved previous gen PoPs, even with their bad points and bugs included.

Now, announce a Prince of Persia 2 remake on XBLA and/or PSN and I'll be even happier.

civilstrife said:
Um... I've got character artwork from this game on my comp from that ubisoft leak last year.
I'm not sure I'd be allowed to post such a thing though.
If it's not from a magazine then post away.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It's going to take a very brave publisher to release a new Prince of Persia and new Assassin's Creed in the same year.

I reckon we won't see a new AC this year at all, and will see this PoP instead.

phalestine

aka iby.h
KurowaSan said:
it'll be nice to play the game now that the new prince will not be able to use the sands of time
...i-i guess... in before "this is the previous prince's son and is able to alter time at will" :lol
I'm really hyped, i loved previous gen PoPs, even with their bad points and bugs included.

Now, announce a Prince of Persia 2 remake on XBLA and/or PSN and I'll be even happier.

Well this is my theory, the blue text says telescope, at least I think it does. Telescope of time, where you go into the future instead of the past. pretty crazy theory, and most likely wrong.

It's pretty old news that it's coming this fall. I just want it to use the AC engine for everything, with the classic Sands Of Time levels. It would be so beautiful and fun.

cjelly said:
It's going to take a very brave publisher to release a new Prince of Persia and new Assassin's Creed in the same year.

I reckon we won't see a new AC this year at all, and will see this PoP instead.
I think they'll want to steer clear of Tomb Raider, besides that they'll probably be fine.
Cyntec said:
guess we will get some info during the next weeks
Stealth edit eh? I saw what you said.

Tendo

I just started replaying the sands of time trilogy a few days ago. If/when this title is announced it'll be my most anticipated title besides RE5, even over MGS4. I love this series. Warrior Within was pretty extr3m0, but Two Thrones got it back in the right direction. After being horribly let down by AC I hope a different team is working on this.

Zapages

Tendo said:
I just started replaying the sands of time trilogy a few days ago. If/when this title is announced it'll be my most anticipated title besides RE5, even over MGS4. I love this series. Warrior Within was pretty extr3m0, but Two Thrones got it back in the right direction. After being horribly let down by AC I hope a different team is working on this.

Its a different team per se... But there's a lot of overlap from the little I know about the title. :D

Tendo

Zapages said:
Its a different team per se... But there's a lot of overlap from the little I know about the title. :D

As long as it takes more than holding a direction and a button to do runs and jumps I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I also like the prince's new look if they stick with the concept art. Damn I'm already hyped.

It'd be nice since Ubi has been putting some of their games on steam to release the PC versions of the Sands of Time trilogy to get people into the series. Like I said in the under-appreciated games thread, I've never met another person in real life to play or like the PoP games which is a damn shame.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
my chief concern is that the game be predominately linear. assassin's creed fulfills the nonlinear, stylish adventure game nicely; prince of persia (particularly with mechner's purported involvement) should be about a controlled, tight experience with a great story.

Danielsan

Zapages said:
I really hope they're sticking with that concept art. Looks fantasic. Well, except for the freakish looking gauntlet.

I really like his face in the first concept art. His face looks withered and his eyes filled with sorrow/regret. I wouldn't mind another game that has an actual emotional story (SotC being the last one).

Soul4ger

Wow, if the game uses that style, I'm already excited. I hated the route the last trilogy went after the first installment.

Top Bottom