• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PRINCE OF PERSIA!!!!

Zapages

jett said:
Sands of Time is still the biggest seller in that FUBAR'd trilogy. Ubishitheads fucking self-owned. If I was Jordan Mechner I'd take the franchise away from those fucktards.

Actually Ubi is one of the few companies that actually listen to gamers... I shrudder to think what would happen if Activision, EA, or Midway had the rights to PoP Series. Ubi is the best thing that could happen to PoP Series and Sands of Time is the pinnacle of that success.

Warrior Within occurred that fans on the official forum wanted a more hardcore ie. wanted to improve the combat of the game.

Two Thrones occurred because fans wanted to go back to its origin. You'll be surprised many fans on the official PoP Boards want more Warrior Within game than Two Thrones. They think Warrior Within was the best Prince of Persia game ever and The Two Thrones is the worst thing ever.

The Sands of Time fans are in between there. If you want what you wish, please become a member there and make your voice heard or you'll have to bear another Warrior Within and we don't want that do we...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jett said:
Sands of Time is still the biggest seller in that FUBAR'd trilogy. Ubishitheads fucking self-owned. If I was Jordan Mechner I'd take the franchise away from those fucktards.

(neutral) jett
Mr. Negativity
(Today, 09:59 PM)

Tendo

I felt the Two thrones was a fantastic mix of Sands of Time and Warrior Within. I almost didn't get it after how turned off i was by WW, but I'm glad I gad it a shot. Fantastic game.

So what's up with that gauntlet guys? hmm...

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ether_Snake said:
They both sold very well.

Btw, you know what? The new Prince should definitly be a Soul Calibur IV character! He would fit in perfectly, and recently Ubi did make some deal with Konami for the whole Assassin's Creed suit in MGS4.

DO IIIIIIT!
Yeah, and while we're at it, let's make sure to ask Capcom about that new Castlevania.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Link said:
Yeah, and while we're at it, let's make sure to ask Capcom about that new Castlevania.

Then explain why Assassin's Creed main character's suit is in MGS4? DEAL.

Tendo

I'm assuming the SC thing was brought up because of the inclusion of Vader and Yoda and some worthless anime chicks. Prince would look right at home in that setting though. I'd rather see him than Vader honestly, and I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

Sadist

Dark FaZe said:
Warrior Within had great gameplay. Personally I have it tied with the first game as my favorite.
You are fucking evil.

The Sands of Time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Two Thrones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warrior Within

NTom64

Warrior Within was great :(

At least, story-wise...if not at the level of "charm" the first game had.

Anyway, bring on the new info :D

f@luS

More than a member.
The scans are so tiny u cant see shit.... give me 6€ and ill buy the mag and make hirez scan for you guys.... (j/k)

f@luS

More than a member.
I think that posting the Cover of the magazine is allowed? i mean its exposed everywhere in the street so.....

I hope, and i think it is , so please dont ban me if its not :D :(

img008qx1.jpg

Dina

What they did with the story of PoP was just insane. Really, cut back on the timeline, dahaka, sands of time etc.

Damn I thought there was new media coming, too bad :(

SoT and TT are two of my favorite games from last generation, I'm pumped to see where they've taken the new one.

Oh, and count me in the WW haters group-absolutely horrible rushed, buggy POS

Just received a PR from Ubisoft, announcing "a new Prince of Persia" for 360, Ps3 and PC. They don't give any specific name, and say that it's slated for the ending of 2008. There's another exclusive PoP title in development for DS, too.

NTom64

NeonBlade said:
I guess I'm the only one that liked all 3 PoP games?

Nope, I did as well. All 3 had their own good and bad aspects.

SOT:

+ A breath of fresh air in terms of gaming
+ Charming storyline and voicework

- Fighting left a lot to be desired

WW:

+ Great story
+ Fighting made more intuitive whilst still retaining the platforming vibe
+ The overall darker tone suited the story better than the SOT charm would have

- Erm...the music, I suppose?

TTT:

+ Brought the story full circle
+ The returning characters
+ The humour between the Prince and the Dark prince

- The Dark Prince could've been implemented better...

So, IMO, it goes WW>>>SOT>>>TTT :D

Dark FaZe said:
What was wrong with the gameplay?

Personally I enjoyed the games platforming and puzzles more than the two thrones. And the setting to me was superior as well.

The free-roaming aspect was really mishandled, in probably every way possible. It was always confusing trying to get to the proper area. The map that was implemented tried to ease this, but it too, was a confusing mess. It was just a map, you couldn't plot of course, or find a general direction.

Having to scour the entire game for life-upgrades to get a decent ending was a terrible gameplay aspect, especially since there were 1-2 life-upgrades that would be completely blocked off from getting after a certain point in the game.

The combat, while improved over SoT in some ways, was kinda pointless in a lot of cases, since there were so many ledges in the game, you could just throw people off in almost every level, so there was little point in even fighting hand-to-hand.

All the voice clips that every damn enemy had were grating on the nerves at best, "Ohhhh I need to be punished!!!" Very classy.

Not to mention all the progress halting bugs, deleted saves, and terrible boss fights.

The entire game was a rushed buggy mess.

The only thing I genuinely though was good, were the Dahaka chases, but even those would get tiring after a while. And you know, Godsmack? Why not? That makes sense right? Imagine if in Assassin's Creed, Avenged Sevenfold came blaring in the background. That makes just as much sense as Warrior Within.

/wall of text

20041203l.jpg

Ramenman

Desi said:
but but the Dahaka. Awesome.

Combat was improved as well over Sands of Time. Still no their strong point in the series though.

Exactly.

I never finished Sands Of Time, and I'll probably never finish Two Thrones.

Two times I got stuck in a frustrating battle and decided to stop.

:lol @ penny arcade.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
I liked Two Thrones the most, awesome game! The other two were almost just as great, obviously. Can't wait for the announce of this next-gen Prince.

bryehn

PR:
Ubisoft said:
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – 28th April, 2008 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that a new Prince of Persia is scheduled to release towards the end of 2008 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. This new Prince of Persia marks the debut of the critically acclaimed franchise on next-generation consoles. Developed by Ubisoft’s award-winning Montreal studio and the same all-star team that created the previously acclaimed Prince of Persia® Sands of Time trilogy, Prince of Persia is opening a new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe, featuring a new breed of gameplay. The game is poised to rejuvenate the action-adventure genre in addition to introducing a brand-new illustrative art style.

Ubisoft will also release a Prince of Persia game specifically designed for the Nintendo DS™ system, featuring an entirely new storyline and new characters. More details to be unveiled in the future.

Wii: HAI UBI, WHERE ARE THOSE NINTENDO-QUALITY GAMES YOU PROMISED US? HOW ABOUT STARTING WITH AN EXCLUSIVE PRINCE OF PERSIA?

Ubisoft: No.

Wii: BUT YOU'RE MAKING ONE FOR DS! PLEASE!?

Wii: NOT EVEN A SHITTY PORT!?

Wii: ;_;

Ubisoft: LOL PLAY SOME MY WORD COACH AND COSMIC FAMILY

Top Bottom