• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teens held over destruction of 100 gravestones in Jewish cemeteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/13/15133919-3-teens-held-over-destruction-of-100-gravestones-in-jewish-cemeteries?lite#__utma=238145375.195594100.1352797659.1352797659.1352806329.2&__utmb=238145375.49.9.1352844720435&__utmc=238145375&__utmx=-&__utmz=238145375.1352797659.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=%28organic%29|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=%28not%20provided%29&__utmv=238145375.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|video|msnbc=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.msnbc.msn.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Internal%20to%20Original=1&__utmk=89743832
Three teenagers have been arrested for allegedly destroying nearly 100 gravestones at Jewish cemeteries, police in Connecticut said. More than $20,000 worth of damage was caused during the attack.

Hartford Police, which started to investigate this case in mid-October, recently got a tip that three teens that live in the neighborhood were responsible and the arrests were made over the weekend.

Dozens of headstones are still toppled over at the Tower Avenue Jewish Cemeteries.

At first police investigated the case as a hate crime, but after talking to the teens, they said this was no longer the case.

Hartford Police said that the suspects may have destroyed the gravestones while they were using it as a shortcut to a nearby park.

The names of the suspects were not released.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
They've made a grave mistake/they dug their own grave/they'll face stiff penalties/I'm mortified at this story/Arrested in peace/etc...

- Glad they were passed over to custody.
- Graves of any kind have the right to remain silent and at peace.
- Those kids are punks and need to grow matzah balls

How do you destroy 100 headstones just by using the cemetery as a shortcut? I was hoping the police wouldn't buy that BS, until I saw that was their theory after talking to those responsible.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I'm still looking for an explanation of how they can "accidentally" knock over 100 gravestones over while using the cemetery as a shortcut. That being said, even if the first time was an accident, to make the same mistake 99+ more times shows no remorse. They obviously didn't give a shit that they were causing thousands of dollars of damage and desecrating the graves of other peoples loved ones.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Wow, we even have this in Canada, don't feel bad U.S.A.

"destroying nearly 100 gravestones at Jewish cemeteries"

"At first police investigated the case as a hate crime, but after talking to the teens, they said this was no longer the case."

I can only imagine how those interrogations went...."hey bro, we didn't know there were jews buried there"

xbhaskarx

"destroying nearly 100 gravestones at Jewish cemeteries"

"At first police investigated the case as a hate crime, but after talking to the teens, they said this was no longer the case."

I can only imagine how those interrogations went...."hey bro, we didn't know there were jews buried there"

Yeah, I'd like to know more about how they determined these teenagers were not specifically targeting Jews...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom