• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ridiculous Sandwich Alert: Denny's Mac 'n Cheese Big Daddy Patty Melt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guevara

Hey remember the Fried Mozzarella Stick Sandwich?
cheese-melt-irl.jpg

Now there's this thing:
dennys-mac-n-cheese-patty-melt.jpg

Denny's is stepping up the novelty sandwich game: first of all, the above "Mac 'n Cheese Big Daddy Patty Melt" totally stomps all over their previous effort, the Fried Cheese Melt, both in calorie count (1690 vs 895) and novelty level.

The mac-n-cheeseburger consists of "a hand-pressed beef patty topped with new creamy Mac 'n Cheese, melted cheddar cheese and zesty Frisco sauce on grilled potato bread."

Denny's is doubling down on cheese, here are some of their new "recipes":

DENNY’S TELL’S AMERICA “LETS GET CHEESY!”
New Menu Celebrates America’s Love Affair with All Things Cheese

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (Aug. 31, 2011) – Cheese enthusiasts across the nation are set to rejoice with the launch of Denny’s “Let’s Get Cheesy!” menu. Showing some serious cheese love, Denny’s fromage feast features six new dishes designed to make any cheese lover melt.

Denny's is encouraging everyone to get a little cheesy with the launch of the new menu - from corny clichés and hokey pick-up lines to unsubtle movie love quotes – and hosting a celebration for all the cheese-lovers out there. Urging everyone to try something a little different with their favorite dairy, the new menu boasts a medley of both traditional and unconventional cheesy choices covering, smothering, oozing and gooey with every dish.

The delicious new dishes include:

· The ultimate cheesy choice with the Mac ‘n Cheese Big Daddy Patty Melt - a hand-pressed beef patty topped with new creamy Mac ‘n Cheese, melted cheddar cheese and zesty Frisco sauce on grilled potato bread, served with a side of wavy-cut French fries. That’s right, no sandwich is too small or meat too mighty to benefit from just a little more cheese.

· The Cheese Please Omelette - a three-egg omelette with a blend of cheeses folded in, topped off with a creamy cheese sauce and diced tomatoes, served with hash browns and choice of bread.

· The Winner Winner Cheesy Dinner - two golden-fried chopped beef steaks covered in pepper jack cheese sauce, served with a side of new creamy Mac ‘n Cheese, broccoli topped with cheese sauce and dinner bread.

· The Cheesy Breakfast Sampler - featuring a cheddar smoked sausage, two eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese, hash browns topped with melted shredded cheddar cheese and choice of bread.

· Say Cheese Sizzlin’ Skillet - a blend of diced cheddar smoked sausage, fire-roasted peppers and onions, grape tomatoes and seasoned red-skinned potatoes topped with shredded cheddar cheese, cheese sauce and two eggs cooked any way you like.

· The Big Cheese Country-Fried Steak & Eggs - featuring a golden-fried chopped beef steak covered in pepper jack cheese sauce, served with hash browns topped with melted shredded cheddar cheese, two eggs cooked any way you like and choice of bread.

http://eater.com/archives/2011/08/31/dennys-mac-n-cheese-patty-melt-1690-cheesy-calories.php

So go get 'em, drunk America.

ultron87

There's a burger place here in Cincinnati called Flipdaddy's that serves something similar. One of my friends got it and enjoyed it. They then felt terrible afterwards.

As this is likely several degrees lower on the food quality scale it'll probably straight up kill you.

The grilled cheese style bread is a nice touch however.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I went to RM seafood in vegas and had a burger that was topped with pulled pork and mac and cheese.

It was pretty over the top.

turnbuckle

This should not be called a patty melt.

No onions
No rye or sourdough
"Frisco sauce" all over it.

Look awful, probably tastes pretty amazing but this is not a patty melt goddammit

Speevy

Banned
Lionel Mandrake said:
I'm a little burned out on these ridiculous foods now. Something really shocking is going to have to come out to pique my interest.

Fried Kittens with Ranch Dressing

TheExodu5

Banned
I have no idea how on earth that thing is 1690 calories. Those are some dense calories! Must be a massive amount of cheese.

NJ Shlice

Sandwich was delicious. The bread is the best part, like eating a big n toasty from dunkin donuts with a burger in the middle.

I'll post pics later. Dropbox isn't working for me.

Had this last night with my friends after watching Lion King.

Sandwich was very good, but the three of us could only finish half of this sandwich. Previously, all three of us were easily able to finish the fried cheese melt (with bacon) but despite being hungry, we couldn't finish it. Cheesey it was, but I think it was the macaroni itself that made the sandwich seem really heavy.

Maybe I'll try it again before it's gone.

074ad9ce.jpg

mj1108 said:
I think this is one of those things that you try once just to try it and that's it.

It definitely did feel like that when I had it. Then again, I also had Denny's Maple Bacon Sundae just to try it out of morbid curiosity.

Guevara

Auron_Kale said:
Had this last night with my friends after watching Lion King.

Sandwich was very good, but the three of us could only finish half of this sandwich. Previously, all three of us were easily able to finish the fried cheese melt (with bacon) but despite being hungry, we couldn't finish it. Cheesey it was, but I think it was the macaroni itself that made the sandwich seem really heavy.

Maybe I'll try it again before it's gone.

074ad9ce.jpg
This looks a lot better in person than I would have guessed.

Hero

Dresden said:
Jesus christ that's like carbs on carbs on carbs.

Came here to say this. The girlfriend and I make our own homestyle mac'n cheese with bacon every once in a while as a comfort food and it's so heavy that even one bowl is good enough for a meal. Add bread and other stuff? No way.

I had a regular patty melt at Denny's last night at 9pm after not eating since 8AM and still didn't finish it. This thing would be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom