• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Strider game? (XBLA/Steam Leak)

terrisus

Hiryu's inertia on slopes is heavy, and completely relative to the angle of his footing. You'll meet a lot of resistance when jumping an incline unless you're moving fast, but jumping toward inclines isn't really a good idea unless you're not being attacked and want to ascend them quickly. Neutral jumps are probably the best way of getting out of harm's way temporarily, but again, you'll need to be at the right speed. Managing your inertia is the key.

I never even really worried about trying to jump to avoid enemies or anything like that, they're easy enough to just kill. It was always just a matter of trying to jump from one slope to the next. Or, being completely out of luck if I fell into a spike pit - but then, that's understandable, jumping while standing in spikes probably wouldn't work out well for anyone.

It's just, there would be areas where I would need to do something simple like jump from one incline up onto another platform above it, with nothing else around me causing any issues at all, and I could never really can anything to be all that much more successful than just trying it a bunch of times until it finally worked.

Suppose, given that, I could give the whole "managing interia" thing a try and see if I can get it to work any better.

This is cool and all, but I hope this isn't the second PAX East announcement :|

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom pulled a stunt like announcing D&D and SF Alpha collections. Then say "oh wait, those aren't new!" and pull out Strider and the new Fighting Game project.

It feels like something Capcom US would do to screw with people at the panel.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom pulled a stunt like announcing D&D and SF Alpha collections. Then say "oh wait, those aren't new!" and pull out Strider and the new Fighting Game project.

This is what I'm thinking. Especially with Ono's teasing and then saying he won't be at PAX East, which is possibly BS.

Strider may not even be the second announcement, this stuff is just getting leaked from a database, and much like many of the other leaks, they were not going to get announced for quite a while and some of them probably got forced into being announced.

TheOGB

Banned

Cut it out dude, you're making me have hope for Capcom USA again D:

TreIII

I'm a firm believer of giving people a chance. This game is smaller in scope compared to FME, and though that game wasn't all good it did have some neat ideas to go with it.

So I definitely think they're capable of delivering. Hopefully.

That's what I thought as well, going into FME. Even in spite of my friends who were already going "OH LAWD" because of Silent Hill Homecoming. :lol

...But well, that didn't work out so well for me, either. So needless to say, if they are involved, I'll definitely reserve my skepticism.

Guess I've got to go the panel now, I'd love for a Rearmed quality Strider sequel/remake.

Speaking of which, what's Simon Viklund up to? It'd be great if Capcom could get him back to do the soundtrack.

Dahbomb

This is what I'm thinking. Especially with Ono's teasing and then saying he won't be at PAX East, which is possibly BS.

Strider may not even be the second announcement, this stuff is just getting leaked from a database, and much like many of the other leaks, they were not going to get announced for quite a while and some of them probably got forced into being announced.
Ono trolling/teasing???

Nah man you must be trippin... Most believable, straightforward and non-trollish developer that Capcom has right now.

That or Ono is fucking with us.

Gartooth

Hmm will have to wait and see, but I hope that the game is good considering how long some people have waited for a Strider sequel.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Could be good. Need some info.

As for NT handling it... eh, maybe they can grasp something like an arcade sidescroller better than a game like DmC that was clearly out of their league.

Takao

Banned
Capcom always chooses the best independent developers to handle their IPs. I'm sure nothing could go wrong by giving Double Helix this release.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I may be crazy, but I'd rather have a new Strider than a remake. I already have Strider 1, and it's perfect and I don't need another version.

Korigama

I think I'll wait to find out who's making this before bothering to get my hopes up about it. If it's WayForward or Arc System Works, then great...but this is Capcom, so it's probably going to be Ninja Theory or Double Helix.

You mean please be like the Genesis version right?

Strider is one of the best platformers ever made. Sad to see how badly Capcom handled the IP.

You sure know nothing about Strider. It's owned by like 3 other companies, its amazing Capcom were able to get Hiryu into MvC3. It's a legal nightmare to green-light anything Strider.

Consider me sold.

Srsly. Unwashed plebians think Strider was built for the arcade as this super big AAA IP, and the NES version was some bastardized port or something, when that wasn't the intent at all. The whole marketing forcus on Strider was three pronged; an NES action adventure with storyline, cutscenes, difficult platforming and large non-linear levels...a short quarter muncher hack n' slash designed for arcades, and a manga fleshing out the world.

I'd rather not have a simple hack n' slash this time, but a full-fledged game, Hiryu deserves it.

sn00zer

Hopefully more like 2 than one...bought the collection as a kid and could not understand why anyone would like Strider 1 over 2

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone thinking that there might no longer be any excitement to Capcom's PAX East showing would be wrong.

hzOuP.gif

Tizoc

Depending on who they got working on it...it might be good or not.

I liked the 2009 Bionic Commando game for the most part. I should consider getting the PC ver. of it in a sale...

Depending on who they got working on it...it might be good or not.

I liked the 2009 Bionic Commando game for the most part. I should consider getting the PC ver. of it in a sale...

It's only $10 on Steam. PC version is really good tech wise, loading is lightning quick, and 60 FPS.

Top Bottom