• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Super Mario Galaxy Famitsu scans (AUG 9)

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
EB/Gamestop is awful, but trading in isn't dumb. I just thought that after the third time you repurchased Sunshine, you'd realize you're probably best NOT doing it again. Only that part is dumb :lol

True, but when I need that extra game to get an extra 20-30-40% on my trade ins it is worth it in the long run.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I just realized that if each galaxy is the size of what they've shown so for for the bee world, and stardust world, then this will be a fucking huge game.

Doogdogg

yeah that bee stage is huge:

53k7rm0.jpg

Ryck

As a person who had no plan on getting a Wii and has really turned his back on Nintendo after years of loyalty.. I have to say this game is starting to look amazing. Like old Nintendo magical like... if that makes sense. If this game turns out to be as amazing as it seems I might have no choice but to mark out for it.

Ryck said:
As a person who had no plan on getting a Wii and has really turned his back on Nintendo after years of loyalty.. I have to say this game is starting to look amazing. Like old Nintendo magical like... if that makes sense. If this game turns out to be as amazing as it seems I might have no choice but to mark out for it.
You are part of the problem.

Amir0x

Banned
tit, you misread his post. He's not part of the problem yet, he's saying he probably will become part of it this fall when Galaxy comes out.

Amir0x said:
tit, you misread his post. He's not part of the problem yet, he's saying he probably will become part of it this fall when Galaxy comes out.
You too, Amirox, you too!

No wonder Nintendo acts all big and mighty, even when they're down! With people like you, who needs actual customers? :lol

Ash Sparrow said:
I said it looks like a GC game, not that any GC games look better.

You can look at the Sunshine pics and see this is heads above it. It may not look like the best of 360 or PS3 in realism, but if a platformer came out looking like this in 360, it wouldn't look bad.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Surfheart said:
Mario is looking amazing.

However, my eyes were drawn to this:

shiggytc6.gif

Which I found incredibly funny for some reason.

Im surprised it took this long for someone to post that, just goes to show how amazing this game looks when people completely pass up an amazing photoshop candidate like that.

Enduin said:
Im surprised it took this long for someone to post that, just goes to show how amazing this game looks when people completely pass up an amazing photoshop candidate like that.
You mean Miyamoto sporting his 1980's Miami Vice white sports jacket over bright pastel colored shirt look?

4qhjm75.jpg

Looks friggin awesome, I'm just worried that my fear of heights is gonna make me pussy out and not play this. I couldn't play certain levels in Sonic Adventure cause of my fear of heights.

KingJ2002

bumpkin said:
Note to third parties: the Wii can make nice looking games if you, you know, actually TRY.

QFMFT...

a game doesnt have to push for realism to look good... 3rd party devs... switch up your style. leave the ps2 graphics back in 2004

OMG THIS IS LOOKING AMAZING!!!!!! :O
Room full of cannons, circular conveyor belts, gravity level....O-M-F-G!!!! :O

Games haven't gotten this type of treatment since forever!!!! :O

*buys 2 copies* :D

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
It's been roughly translated on the banned numbers site, but I don't wanna cause trouble for people here or post it here without his permission. I hope that helps a bit. :)

ant1532

Banned
I don't understand some of you.

Gaf said:
"It reminds me of Super Mario Bros 3 with all the variety"

You all sound like your ignoring this.

Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

But yeah, amazing scans, most anticipated game for me ever. Won't be at school.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
I wouldn't ignore Mario 64, but personally I feel Mario 3 was the highlight of the series. Not that Mario 64 wasn't great, mind you. ;)

Jirotrom

ant1532 said:
I don't understand some of you.

You all sound like your ignoring this.

Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

But yeah, amazing scans, most anticipated game for me ever. Won't be at school.
Mario 64 is fantastic but the feel from the videos that I've seen is that this game is more in the vein:D of the 2-d marios. Like a true 2d mario but put in a 3d world. I know its hard to understand but Mario 64 was really truly different for mario as great and amazing that game was. I want levels like the secret levels in sunhine, and this game seems to bring that and attributes that mario 64 didnt.

Jirotrom said:
Mario 64 is fantastic but the feel from the videos that I've seen is that this game is more in the vain of the 2-d marios. Like a true 2d mario but put in a 3d world. I know its hard to understand but Mario 64 was really truly different for mario as great and amazing that game was. I want levels like the secret levels in sunhine, and this game seems to bring that and attributes that mario 64 didnt.

VEIN

GODDAMN IT

VEIN

EktorPR

I want this game so bad. The great thing about its release date, though, is that I'll have plenty of time to dig into Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Zack & Wiki and Goddess of Dawn. :D

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Those scans made me remember of the World 4 of SMB3, a game that I didn't play since my childhood. You know it's the real deal when memories of the World 4 are coming back to you!!! And the suits is the cherry on the top.

ant1532

Banned
Vic said:
Those scans made me remember of the World 4 of SMB3, a game that I didn't play since my childhood. You know it's the real deal when memories of the World 4 are coming back to you!!! And the suits is the cherry on the top.
Yeah because Super Mario 64 didn't have a Giant world....

http://www.zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=192

In a recent interview in Famitu, Shigeru Miyamoto, Takao Shimizu, and Yoshiaki Koizumi revealed some tantalizing new details about Super Mario Galaxy.

Development of Super Mario Galaxy started when Yoshiaki Koizumi wanted to create a new game with the Tokyo Team. He took his idea to Mr. Miyamoto and they started working on the outline of the game. This happened right after the development of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was finished. Mr. Miyamoto had been testing gravity effects even since the Nintendo 64, but the results were not satisfactory. It was until the Wii came along that it became something feasible. Super Mario Galaxy and Pikmin feature around 80% of all the ideas behind Mario 128. Nintendo may use the other 20% in about five years, but they'll remain secret until then.

Halfway through development, Mr. Miyamoto joined Mr. Koizumi as a co-director; he supervised many aspects of the game, from maps to physiscs, and made several suggestions to the team. Small spheric surfaces aren't really suited for a jumping game, so they gave Mario a new attack, the "spin movement," and created a method to fly from one planet to another, the "star rings."

Nintendo's new goal is to break the barrier separating hardcore and casual gamers. Mr. Miyamoto explains that there are both veteran and novice gamers working in the Super Mario Club, Nintendo's debugging team, and the novice members can catch up in just two weeks. In the days of the original Super Mario Bros., people would sit in front of the TV taking turns and having fun together. Thinking of that, the developers of Galaxy wanted to tear apart the new tendency of playing all alone, so they came up with the "assist play system," which they like to call "meddling play system." This system can either help the player controlling Mario or get in his way, depending on the second player's actions, so they'll have to communicate with one another if they want to reach a mutual understanding. Regarding the game difficulty, they wanted skilled and unskilled people to have fun. With the "assist play system," it's easier to get to a difficult place, while it can still be a challenge if you play it on your own.

As its title suggests, there are many planets in the game, maybe not enough to form a galaxy, but the planets from a single stage could certainly form a solar system.

Not having a free camera control is hard, since every player is different and wants to move the camera in many angles depending on the situation. This game features an intelligent camera system that makes the player forget about it.

Mr. Miyamoto stated that they'd like a simultaneous world release, but he hints at a possible release in Japan previous to the American one.

Important parts bolded.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ant1532 said:
Yeah because Super Mario 64 didn't have a Giant world....
Never played SM64 and I'm not interested to do so in a close future. I will buy SMS though.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
TSA said:
Mr. Miyamoto stated that they'd like a simultaneous world release, but he hints at a possible release in Japan previous to the American one.

And Australia will still get it in 2010

Top Bottom