• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Odyssey trailer

My god man. This fucking game. It took nearly 15 years for a game to top Metroid Prime for me with the release of Breath of the Wild, and yet some fucking way it seems very possible Nintendo will release a new contender just 7 months later. Every single bit I see of this game is just nuts. It already seems impossibly big with an absurd range of content and we haven't even seen it all, and everything about it just seems stupidly fun.

This game seems like pure, concentrated, top-shelf Nintendo mixed with only the finest acid and I fucking love it.

I can't wait for this, 3D Marios are always the best time. My birthday is in November, I think I'm gonna get a Switch with a copy of Odyssey as a present to myself.

sphinx

the piano man
Jim Sterling's review "jumping, jumping and yes MORE jumping 4/10"

there's always going to be some stupid jackass desperate for attention and clicks on their sites so yeah, I guess 95~97 is about where it will end up being

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay that last trailer convinced me. This might reach Galaxy levels for me...

Whoa, easy there, hombre. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

But yes, this new trailer makes the game seem more appealing than what we got at E3. That beach and tropical island levels look awesome, and more of what I expect a Mario game to look like.

Cautiously optimistic.

hotcyder

I don't think a console since the PS2 has had a first year quite like the Switch, right? Like, this is Nintendo on overkill.

dan2026

How does Peach feel?
DI9rd19UwAAgXMf
Pretty bad considering she's still emerging from a giant cock.

orioto

Good Art™
That trailer had me hyped in a way and more worried also, cause of the variety. But that's me being conservative. I didn't like Mario Galaxy 2 cause of that gameplay being too varied in its styles. But it seems people are perfectly happy with Mario being .. a multi genre game nowadays.

To me that's clearly a case of a 3d game trying to appeal to more people by having lots of funny bits, versus being an hardcore platform fest. I know there will probably be all the platform i want in it, but they sure hide it pretty well in the trailers (and for a purpose!).

aravuus

Looks great. BOTW was the first Zelda game I could finally get into, so maybe this'll be the Mario game I'll finally get into.

13ruce

Banned
Hopefully Luigi is unlockable after gettin all or most moons and a simular thing like Mario Galaxy 2 happens where the moon locations are remixed.

I wonder tho if Luigi can wear all those outits or that he gets some of his own. Hopefully he makes the cut he deserves to be playable!

Do we know if it got upped to 1080p yet?

Nothing official, though the footage we saw today looks like it has better IQ than E3/PAX footage, at least to me it did. To my eyes it looked like mostly 900p with some minimal anti-aliasing in most areas. The Luncheon Kingdom looked extremely clear though (1080p?), whereas New Donk City looked like it was 720p with no anti-aliasing when the whole city was in view and probably 900p in other areas. In any case it's probably going to be dynamic in the end, and I'm betting that it'll spend most of its time at 864p-900p like Splatoon 2 did.

But yes, this new trailer makes the game seem more appealing than what we got at E3. That beach and tropical island levels look awesome, and more of what I expect a Mario game to look like.

Cautiously optimistic.

He's right. This game showed it from the first trailer. It's Galaxy levels and beyond.

Cautiously optimistic.

But even Nintendo themselves say that it will be successor of the iconic Mario-games.

Hopefully Luigi is unlockable after gettin all or most moons and a simular thing like Mario Galaxy 2 happens where the moon locations are remixed.

I wonder tho if Luigi can wear all those outits or that he gets some of his own. Hopefully he makes the cut he deserves to be playable!

Luigi has been playable in every 3d Mario after sunshine, I'm quite sure he'll be playable in this one too.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
That trailer had me hyped in a way and more worried also, cause of the variety. But that's me being conservative. I didn't like Mario Galaxy 2 cause of that gameplay being too varied in its styles. But it seems people are perfectly happy with Mario being .. a multi genre game nowadays.

To me that's clearly a case of a 3d game trying to appeal to more people by having lots of funny bits, versus being an hardcore platform fest. I know there will probably be all the platform i want in it, but they sure hide it pretty well in the trailers (and for a purpose!).

Yeah, I'm not too hot on the idea of Mario having to constantly possess enemies for the purpose of completing a goal. Personally, I would prefer to, you know, stay as Mario.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The amount of moons per kingdom is nuts. This times the number of worlds... I won't be able to 100% this in a weekend of non stop play like I did for Galaxy 1 :p

Worlds hidden in the worlds would be bananas

I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Game's huge.

Top Bottom