• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers Switch previews, screens, details

lol.gif

Also, all y'all saying this'll outsell SFV are fucking nuts. There's not enough crossover between hardcore Nintendo fans and the FGC to make that happen, and no one's gonna buy a game for $40 that's still available on PS360 for $10.

I think the issue here is people are making a lot of assumptions.

1. Not everyone has an X360 or PS3.
2. This is a Switch only title - if you don't own one then just stop
3. You meant to tell me that 2 new characters, a new mode, a new soundtrack, throw techs, and simplified controls are a waste?
4. This title definitely isn't for everyone. Yes, $40 is a bit much and I had Way of the Hado, but this is a solid title.

With all that Injustice 2 is offering at only $20 more, there's no way I can justify buying this for $40. Garou and KoF 98 are much better deals for the Switch.

moeman

I'm starting to warm up to the idea that this might not be a complete "rehash" oh HD Remix. Looking back at that game, the UI was atrocious and the sprites looked way darker and more off than the current sprites. Ryu's face in particular looked way off. I think they've touched up the sprites to make them look better and it shows.

I just wish they would have paid that much attention to detail with the main menu. It seriously looks awful. I might pick this game up when it hits the $25 mark or so.

BigPete

I was really planning on getting this, but have decided to wait. With NBA Playgrounds, Disgaea 5c, and Mario Kart I have enough games to keep me busy for the time being.

Me 3 months ago: I'll probably pick this up because I'll be starved for games

Me now: OMG I have so much to play I'm probably gonna pass

Anyone else feel similarly?

atr0cious

Did any preview get to try online? Wondering how the netcode will be.
You can literally bring your switch and play 2 players while you watch the main events on the main stage
The next evo is gonna be a sight just because of this. Nintendo gonna have free advertisement like Diago in the opening rounds of the tourney.

J@hranimo

Banned
Did any preview get to try online? Wondering how the netcode will be.
The next evo is gonna be a sight just because of this. Nintendo gonna have free advertisement like Diago in the opening rounds of the tourney.

Online is only available on release day, so uh...yep.

GenG3000

Thanks for the tip! How can one add funds to the south Africa eshop?

Change your region to SA in your my.nintendo profile and go to the eshop in your Switch. You are now in the SA eshop and all prices show in RAND. I just complete the purchases normally from there.

My card was charged in euro and then a small comission (18 cents) for the currency conversion.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I want this, but man that pricing.

Didn't even need to be $20. If it just followed Puyo where it was $10 cheaper digital I'd be fine with it.

bumpkin

It's Street Fighter II week, guys.

No OT? Nothing?
Street Fighter 2 was the first fighting game I really got into, and I've re-bought the game many times over the years. I know the topic's been beaten to death already, but I'm not buying it because it's $40 for a port of a $15 game. Violent Ken, Evil Ryu, and a busted motion-controlled shooting gallery aren't worth $25 to me. *shrug*

Neff

Is this playable with one joycon held sideways? I wonder how that feels.

It is and it feels great. In fact it's better than playing in handheld mode or with the Pro Controller. After spending a lot of time playing Neo Geo fighters via sideways Joy-Cons, I'm totally confident that USFII will deliver a fun experience out of the box.

But I'm still buying that stick.

Top Bottom