• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weight Loss Before/After thread! Pics ahoy!

Zoe

Sad that this thread is practically dead, hope I will get help here...

I tried some hardcore low carb diet for a week and failed miserably. I'm used to not eating in the morning and I skip lunch pretty often. The nature of my work compels me to leave the office pretty late, and that's when I eat like there is no tomorrow.

Going back to my diet, I tried eating basically only eggs, sausages and tuna flakes for a week, and God was I starving during that period and felt weak. I'm 6'1 and weigh nearly 135 kgs. At this point, going to 100 kgs would be a dream come true, but my real goal is 90kgs. I've read about how low carb diets have done wonders for most of you, but maybe I didn't approach the diet well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

There's an adjustment period when switching to ultra low carb. I don't think a week was long enough.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

I tried some hardcore low carb diet for a week and failed miserably. I'm used to not eating in the morning and I skip lunch pretty often. The nature of my work compels me to leave the office pretty late, and that's when I eat like there is no tomorrow.

Going back to my diet, I tried eating basically only eggs, sausages and tuna flakes for a week, and God was I starving during that period and felt weak. I'm 6'1 and weigh nearly 135 kgs. At this point, going to 100 kgs would be a dream come true, but my real goal is 90kgs. I've read about how low carb diets have done wonders for most of you, but maybe I didn't approach the diet well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys, thanks.

Well, as was noted, you might want to give yourself a month or two to adjust. Ultimately the best dietary change is one agreeable enough to you that you will keep at it. Maybe low carb isn't for you. I lost the majority of my weight on a diet that was often over 60% carbs since I was a vegetarian. There's a lot of different options to try out there. Just keep looking until you find something you can live with for the long haul and don't get discouraged!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

There's a good chance you may not be getting enough fat.

Eggs are great, but I strongly recommend you incorporate some meat into that diet. Make beef your staple. Steak and eggs, hamburger scramble, etc. Throw in a bit of cheese and cook it all up in butter, coconut oil, or lard. You really need to be getting the majority of your calories from fat.

You also might want to try going to two meals per day. Maybe just lunch and dinner if you have time to prepare something for the next day the night before.

Also, when you say "eat like there is no tomorrow," how much food are we talking?

Like many others, I've made an attempt to slim down but have faltered each time. Looking through this thread spurred me to download My Fitness Pal and the numbers for today are rather encouraging. Here's to hoping I can continue this journey!

Horseticuffs

Like many others, I've made an attempt to slim down but have faltered each time. Looking through this thread spurred me to download My Fitness Pal and the numbers for today are rather encouraging. Here's to hoping I can continue this journey!
Best of luck! Please don't get discouraged, it's a long road ☺

Still keeping up with the MFP app. Some days I stumble in the calorie count and often in the sodium count but I make sure to balance it with more produce and moving around as much as I can. There's a hill next to my house that's a popular walking spot and given that my dad wants to repaint the place, there will be opportunities over the next few months. I lack a scale for accurate weighing, but I have found that some of my clothes feel just a little bit loose on me now and then. That could just be regular expanding through the day but I'm keeping at it.

Ourobolus

Banned
So I didn't notice this thread earlier this year, but I figured I'd just chime in to voice my progress.

I'm down to 185 from 203lbs. over the past 5-6 weeks. Would love to get to 165, but I'll settle for 170 if the extra weight is a muscle issue rather than a fat issue.

Finally just decided "fuck it." I've always been a bit on the heavy side (I'm 5'6"), and it's always been an annoyance. Now, I'm built a bit wider than average, so I don't ever see myself weighing less than say, 150, without looking just sickly. Which is fine. As long as I feel good (and I'm no longer in the military, so FUCK their stupid waist-measurement/BMI bullshit). I've got a backpacking trip in Banff at the end of the month so I figured I should buckle down. Hoping to get below 180 before that.

I changed as much as I could without making it really obnoxious with my wife (she's tiny, and is trying to lose a few pounds as well, but her metabolism actually likes her):
- Tried to cut out as many processed carbs as possible (been pretty good about this. Most I'd do is start my day with a bowl of cereal with almond milk)
- Upped protein and veggie intake everywhere else.
- Had a few days here and there where my caloric intake was purposefully restricted. Like 800-1200 cals. Not that often, but if I was in a slump.
- Increased cardio. I suck at waking up in the morning to workout, but I forced myself to do it on days where I couldn't immediately get home from work and workout. Usually about 45 mins a day or more.
- Had a rest day each week for cardio. Don't want to hurt myself.
- Had a cheat day once a week. Nothing too extravagant, but if we want to go out for dinner I don't mind sharing a plate of fries.
- No booze. Been booze-free for two months. Told myself I'm not allowed to have any until I make my goal. I may have a slight drinking problem (just finished an outpatient program for that...it was really easy though, not really sure how serious my problem is), so I'll have to be wary of that going forward.
- Tried to substitute most of my daily drinks with water. I still have a slight addiction to diet soda, but I've at least cut down on it.

- I instituted a "workout challenge" at work. Well, sorta. My initial plan was to get down and do some pushups or something every 30 minutes, but then my co-workers joined in. So now we do Mon/Thu -> Pushups, Tues/Fri -> Squats, Wed -> Crunches/Obliques. It only takes like 30 seconds each time, and you just add up your total throughout the day. Current totals are something like 500 pushups, 600 squats, and 350 crunches. I have a spreadsheet at work. :D

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in. I have a 203 lbs pic somewhere, but not on me. I'll try to remember to post a before/after at some point with my progress.

Good luck!

EDIT: Side note: Quest bars are delicious and surprisingly filling!
EDIT 2: Oh, right. I also got a new Fitbit (lost my old one on the subway) and that has helped me too. Just having the reminder is nice. I sync it with MFP, though I'm not always great at putting in the calories. But it's definitely recommended.
EDIT 3: I've been lifting at home too, so that helps too!

Ixian

So I didn't notice this thread earlier this year, but I figured I'd just chime in to voice my progress.

I'm down to 185 from 203lbs. over the past 5-6 weeks. Would love to get to 165, but I'll settle for 170 if the extra weight is a muscle issue rather than a fat issue.
As someone who's two inches taller than you and slightly below your current goal, I'd hit some weights. I know you're doing some body weight type stuff but weights won't hurt! I have a pic of myself from a couple years ago where I'm three pounds lighter than I am now but I was also doing P90X at the time whereas for the last month and a half I was focusing on calorie restriction and cardio, and the contrast is stark. While the calorie restriction/cardio route helped me drop 13 pounds in the past month and a half, I'm not thrilled with how I look. As such, I decided to get back into barbell training and just finished my first set on Friday. The only hard thing is not judging progress strictly by a number on the scale which means measuring yourself as well. Also worth noting that even if you don't desire to get all super crazy bulked out (I don't), you won't unless you're eating for it, but you'll look waaaay better still, and it doesn't even take that much time (I only lift three times a week).

Arksy

Update! I'm 109kgs!

I was not able to lose weight as quickly as I wanted. I wanted to be about 9-12kgs ahead of where I am currently. I wish I could lose weight faster. That's alright, it's been a good slog so far....once I get back from overseas I'll buckle down again on keto.

Here's a comparison picture (in addition to those above):

321791_10150634865469085_506524562_o.jpg

Jan 2012

10275341_10152469031435432_5233572498651622459_o.jpg

ibs635plBpWvLX.jpg

Last 2 weeks

Horseticuffs

Lots of really great progress lately guys! You're all looking really great.

My own continued adventures in weight-loss lately have been basically maintaining while trying to get below 170. I've been bouncing between 170-180 for over a year and just need to keep trying shit until it works.

I bought a fitbit flex which has really been a great motivator and tool at gathering data, it helped me learn that I just can't eat back my exercise calories, I was starting to gain again and that's unacceptable. Is there any sort of Gaf Fitbit group to join?

Ourobolus

Banned
As someone who's two inches taller than you and slightly below your current goal, I'd hit some weights. I know you're doing some body weight type stuff but weights won't hurt! I have a pic of myself from a couple years ago where I'm three pounds lighter than I am now but I was also doing P90X at the time whereas for the last month and a half I was focusing on calorie restriction and cardio, and the contrast is stark. While the calorie restriction/cardio route helped me drop 13 pounds in the past month and a half, I'm not thrilled with how I look. As such, I decided to get back into barbell training and just finished my first set on Friday. The only hard thing is not judging progress strictly by a number on the scale which means measuring yourself as well. Also worth noting that even if you don't desire to get all super crazy bulked out (I don't), you won't unless you're eating for it, but you'll look waaaay better still, and it doesn't even take that much time (I only lift three times a week).
Actually, I forgot to mention that. I do have a weight bench at home, so I've been incorporating that too. Thanks!

Ixian

I bought a fitbit flex which has really been a great motivator and tool at gathering data, it helped me learn that I just can't eat back my exercise calories, I was starting to gain again and that's unacceptable. Is there any sort of Gaf Fitbit group to join?
I think there's a tendency to underestimate what we eat and overestimate what we burn off during exercising. Even something like a heart rate monitor makes certain assumptions that you might not be meeting during your workout.

I did loads of walking today. Was waiting to hear back from the department I applied for a summer internship with (I'm pretty much accepted; they just needed to figure budget stuff out before letting me start), so I strolled around the area a lot. Waited longer than I thought I would so it gave me lots of time to walk and binge listen to podcasts.

Legs are pretty tired now but I feel good about that and drinking lots of water today. May have had a bit too much at dinner (that happens at places like Golden Corral), but I restrained myself with a small dessert and only eating half of it. Rest of my family got two desserts a piece for some reason.

Maybe it's just stretching them, but my pants feel a bit looser than usual. I can pull them a little further away, and I could move to the next notch on my new belt pretty comfortably. I want to think that I'm making progress!

Horseticuffs

I did loads of walking today. Was waiting to hear back from the department I applied for a summer internship with (I'm pretty much accepted; they just needed to figure budget stuff out before letting me start), so I strolled around the area a lot. Waited longer than I thought I would so it gave me lots of time to walk and binge listen to podcasts.

Legs are pretty tired now but I feel good about that and drinking lots of water today. May have had a bit too much at dinner (that happens at places like Golden Corral), but I restrained myself with a small dessert and only eating half of it. Rest of my family got two desserts a piece for some reason.

Maybe it's just stretching them, but my pants feel a bit looser than usual. I can pull them a little further away, and I could move to the next notch on my new belt pretty comfortably. I want to think that I'm making progress!
That's really great to hear. Walking is tremendous exercise, and I also find that podcasts help with that.

I'm glad you enjoyed your day and kept hydrated.

Piecake

I put on some pounds over the winter, mostly from over-eating due to boredom. I think my grocery bill was like an absurd 600 bucks a month, lol. Well, thanks to my cheapness and frugality I was able to cut down that to a decent 250-300 and started losing weight again.

Now that it is summer and I am finally active again hopefully I will get back to my ideal weight fairly quickly. The gym honestly bores me, so Ive decided to take up rock climbing and biking. I don't think either will do a whole lot for weight loss, but I would definitely like to put on some muscle and get into decent shape.

Dead Man

Update! I'm 109kgs!

I'm not able to lose weight as quickly as I wanted before I go overseas in 5 weeks. I wanted to be about 9-12kgs ahead of where I am currently. I wish I could lose weight faster.

Here's a comparison picture (in addition to those above):

That's awesome mate!!

Edit: You are half a foot taller than me and now weigh less than I did at the start of last year lol.

Arksy

That's awesome mate!!

Edit: You are half a foot taller than me and now weigh less than I did at the start of last year lol.

Thanks man.

It's been a looonnngg and slow process, where basically it goes something like this....

2-3 months of 5-10kgs of weight loss....followed by 6 months of coasting plus gaining maybe 1-3kg...and repeat over two years. Probably the best way to do it, I doubt I'll ever be that big again.

I've fallen off the wagon over the last 3 weeks just to give myself a break, but since it's my bday this weekend I'm going to get back on the (keto) wagon. I've spent the last week eating badly but of the bad stuff I have eaten, I've found I haven't gone completely overboard.

Dead Man

Thanks man.

It's been a looonnngg and slow process, where basically it goes something like this....

2-3 months of 5-10kgs of weight loss....followed by 6 months of coasting plus gaining maybe 1-3kg...and repeat over two years. Probably the best way to do it, I doubt I'll ever be that big again.

I've fallen off the wagon over the last 3 weeks just to give myself a break, but since it's my bday this weekend I'm going to get back on the (keto) wagon. I've spent the last week eating badly but of the bad stuff I have eaten, I've found I haven't gone completely overboard.

Yeah, too much too quick isn't a winning strategy quite often in the long term. Consistency is key, I think. No point going hard out of the gate and finding out you can't maintain all the lifestyle changes,

Since I threatened to a few months ago, some pics of me. First pic is 2011 is I think, not sure, I was about 115kg then.

7jrqnKc.jpg

Second pic is from Feb or March-ish, about 95kg I think. I don't have a more recent pic but I'm floating around 91-93kg at the moment. Still technically obese, but my jeans are the same size as when I was 20, so I'll take that :)

piiD9Pv.jpg

A lot of the difference between those pics is posture, but 20kg feels pretty good to not carry around. Buggered my shoulder a couple months ago so I haven't been able to do much of the exercise I was doing before, still doing some cardio though.

There's nothing bad about lifting while you're trying to lose, but you're not going to gain much strength without a lifting diet which is difficult to someone trying to cut out the bad at the same time.

This is something I never thought about.

Losing weight is on my "To-do" list, but I could really do with making a start soon since I'm 23, 24 next spring, and not getting any younger. Not sure what my exact weight is, but it's over 200lbs I'm sure when I started to try losing weight a year or two ago.

You guys' pics are all really inspiring, but I literally would have no idea where to start, so I could probably do with some assistance. I'd probably feel more confident speaking to someone who has been obese themselves and lost the weight, than someone who has always been "skinny" or average weight. One thing that absolutely terrifies me is, being so big, you always see these horror stories on TV about excess skin and having to get surgery to remove it, and that's something which I am so afraid, of, especially the more my skin loses its elasticity.

Which is why whenever I've looked into losing weight, I was sure the best way to do so is to also build muscle in the process, which is meant to aid weight loss in the process, but also tighten up the skin...or something, however, in the quoted comment above, where do you find the balance.

Not sure if this is the right place to query this, or if this is purely for sharing pictures, but thought I'd chip in.

Ixian

This is something I never thought about.

Losing weight is on my "To-do" list, but I could really do with making a start soon since I'm 23, 24 next spring, and not getting any younger. Not sure what my exact weight is, but it's over 200lbs I'm sure when I started to try losing weight a year or two ago.

You guys' pics are all really inspiring, but I literally would have no idea where to start, so I could probably do with some assistance. I'd probably feel more confident speaking to someone who has been obese themselves and lost the weight, than someone who has always been "skinny" or average weight. One thing that absolutely terrifies me is, being so big, you always see these horror stories on TV about excess skin and having to get surgery to remove it, and that's something which I am so afraid, of, especially the more my skin loses its elasticity.

Which is why whenever I've looked into losing weight, I was sure the best way to do so is to also build muscle in the process, which is meant to aid weight loss in the process, but also tighten up the skin...or something, however, in the quoted comment above, where do you find the balance.

Not sure if this is the right place to query this, or if this is purely for sharing pictures, but thought I'd chip in.
A couple of things:
- If nothing else, lifting while losing weight will help you retain what muscle you do have.
- As a newbie to weightlifting, you will still see some strength improvements to a point as long as you eat right, and you'll still lose weight as long as you maintain an overall deficit. You will eventually reach a point where you can't make any more gains on a deficit, yes, but the amount you can lift will still be higher than you could on day 0. More weights = more calories burned.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I certainly saw tons of muscle and strength gains while dropping 20kg+ (pics on previous pages, I think). It's because I was pretty unfit to begin with, office work and all that. Gradually the gains will taper but yeah it's absolutely worth it.

DopeToast

Banned
Just realized there is a new thread. Yeah! I'll post this here then.

Basically, my story is that I've never been thin, but got very fat after high school. I'm 5'10", and graduated weighing 225, but fairly healthy. I've got a pretty large frame, so 225 wasn't too bad. I was active, lifted, and played football. I ate a lot, but not junk. After high school I got fat and depressed all around the same time, and when the dust settled, I had put on 75 pounds only two and half years after graduating. I stayed at 300 for about 6 months until I decided to make some drastic changes to my diet. Anyway, I lost 60 pounds in 4 months. I was happy again and lost my virginity (Boom!), and things just became generally easier and better.

I posted in the old thread a little less than a year ago about losing 60 pounds in four months over the summer. I posted pictures and everything. I deleted my photobucket account so the pictures are gone, and I put back on 25 of the pounds from September to mid-June. Was a little disheartening, but comparing me at 265 this June to the 265 I was back in 2012 in pictures, I looked way better now. I think I must have gained some muscle and am in better shape overall, maybe a lower BF%.

Anyway, over the last 2 and half weeks I've lost 16 pounds to get back to 249. I'll hit 240 by the end of next week, and then I still have 6 weeks to lose a bit more before school starts. I'm running consistently again, and am back on the same diet from last summer where I lost 60 pounds. I refuse to become someone who loses a bunch of weight and just reverts back to old habits. I had my fun eating and drinking during school, but now it's fucking gut-check time. It feels great to be losing again. I'd love to hit 185 by Christmas, which would put me at 115 lost overall. We'll see. Even breaking 200 would be great.

People should keep posting here! It's nice to have other people to talk about this stuff with. I will have more pictures when the time is right.

google drive says this was a month ago. lets go with that.

pTHEVf9.jpg

i posted that in the old thread that my staring weight was 237. i'm currently 225lbs right now. so a good month so far. 10 weeks to go (having a friendly competition with friends)

dropping a steady 2lbs/week.

oh. stats.

5'11'.
starting: 237lbs
goal: 200lbs
longterm: 160lbs.

Schlep

Jumping back in again for hopefully the last attempt at this. Just wanted to grab a couple thoughts on my current plan. I know that I can drop fast on very low carbs, but as soon as I throw a decent amount of lifting into it, everything stalls. So, here's my idea....

Sunday: lifting (~200g carbs)
Monday: HIIT cardio (~25g carbs)
Tuesday: lifting (~200g carbs)
Wednesday: HIIT cardio (~25g carbs)
Thursday: lifting (~200g carbs)
Friday: HIIT cardio (~25g carbs)
Saturday: off (off/reseed)

Sunday through Friday everything is either home cooked or very simple if I go out. Saturday will be my day to ease up a bit, but I'm not the type of person to use that day to gorge on food, so it won't be too much different.

Any thoughts? I'd especially be interested in thoughts of those that have combined paleo/primal with weight loss and strength training. Not expecting any huge gains during this time since I'll be cutting, but it'd be nice to put on a bit during that time.

Ixian

Are you doing cardio to burn calories or because you want to increase your cardiovascular health?

If the former, I'd suggest dropping it and just eating less calories on those days.

Schlep

Definitely cardiovascular health. Eventually I'd like to replace it completely with basketball, but the last time I did a few pick up games, I was dying lol.

Nice to see progress pics from everyone else. I washed clothes yesterday and sometimes before, I would have to fuss with putting on my pants for a moment to secure them. This morning I took a fresh pair and put them on with no trouble. The numbers from MyFitnessPal are looking solid and I feel pretty motivated to keep this up.

Arksy

Yeah, too much too quick isn't a winning strategy quite often in the long term. Consistency is key, I think. No point going hard out of the gate and finding out you can't maintain all the lifestyle changes,

Since I threatened to a few months ago, some pics of me. First pic is 2011 is I think, not sure, I was about 115kg then.

Second pic is from Feb or March-ish, about 95kg I think. I don't have a more recent pic but I'm floating around 91-93kg at the moment. Still technically obese, but my jeans are the same size as when I was 20, so I'll take that :)

A lot of the difference between those pics is posture, but 20kg feels pretty good to not carry around. Buggered my shoulder a couple months ago so I haven't been able to do much of the exercise I was doing before, still doing some cardio though.

Amazing work man. You look so much better. Keep it up!

I've walked a lot over the past month so I decided to turn it up a notch today. I just about doubled my speed and jogged at a steady pace for two minutes every ten minutes. Never lost breath when doing it on mostly flat terrain and I feel good about improving my time as well as training for endurance to do this. Also feeling more confident about adjusting my eating habits.

Horseticuffs

I've walked a lot over the past month so I decided to turn it up a notch today. I just about doubled my speed and jogged at a steady pace for two minutes every ten minutes. Never lost breath when doing it on mostly flat terrain and I feel good about improving my time as well as training for endurance to do this. Also feeling more confident about adjusting my eating habits.

That's a great moment when you can start taking charge of your body and have it start to obey! I'm very glad that you're starting to feel more confident and capable. Keep treating yourself right and I'm sure you'll find it more and more natural. Keep challenging yourself and making yourself proud!

Right, I'm posting this because I'm embarrassed at my previous weight and never want to become over weight/obese again. Looking at pictures of myself when I was fat is just too embarrassing for me.

My heaviest was 102kg or 224lbs and I was pretty much eating my way to a divorce, my wife was so angry that I had let myself go that she was threatening me with divorce. I was 94kg/207lbs at the time, but being threatened with divorce and losing my kids stressed me out even more and I began to eat even more comfort food until I eventually hit 102kg/224lbs.

BEFORE 102kg / 224lbs 2013 April
FbKVfYb.jpg

AFTER 64kg / 141lbs 2014
ZJZsf3M.jpg

uc45PaD.jpg

My diet has totally changed, I nolonger eat fast food, or have snacks in between meals. I start every meal with a salad, my max calorie intake is 600kcals that's including my salad. I don't drink any drinks that content calories.

I'm trying to get down to 60kg/132lbs by the end of the year.

Horseticuffs

Man, what a difference! You should be really proud. If I might ask, how tall of a gentleman are you? 131 lbs seems very little for an adult male.

jred2k

Well, I never really took "before" pictures, but I was talking to a friend the other day and they mentioned how much weight I had lost since our last high school year book. This was about 6 years ago at this point, but I think it's pretty close to where I was when I started trying to lose weight in September 2012. There is about 90lbs difference between the pictures. I've been feeling pretty frustrated the past couple of months because my weight loss has been fairly stagnant, so it was nice to go back and look at how much progress I really have made.

Quoting for size:

I just finished an evening stroll up the hill close to my house. Not counting stops, I was moving uphill for 24 minutes. 15 of those was walking at a steady pace and the other nine was actually a jog at roughly twice the pace. Jogging uphill is definitely more challenging than flat terrain but I felt really good doing it. I told myself that maybe with enough training and perseverance, I would go that distance without breaking stride. Heck, I'm looking at how many opportunities I have to go out for a walk and jog now.

I guess reporting on it and keeping track of my eating and movement in MFP are big motivators!

Horseticuffs

I just finished an evening stroll up the hill close to my house. Not counting stops, I was moving uphill for 24 minutes. 15 of those was walking at a steady pace and the other nine was actually a jog at roughly twice the pace. Jogging uphill is definitely more challenging than flat terrain but I felt really good doing it. I told myself that maybe with enough training and perseverance, I would go that distance without breaking stride. Heck, I'm looking at how many opportunities I have to go out for a walk and jog now.

I guess reporting on it and keeping track of my eating and movement in MFP are big motivators!
That's great commitment! I found collecting data to be a huge motivator. Before long I was using mfp, a cycling app, and now I've even added a Fitbit into the works! Everywhere I go and everything I do is measured! I love it.

Keep up being rad.

Schlep

Stubbs. Sweet Baby Ray's, for example is 17g carb (16g sugar). Stubbs is 6g carb (3g sugar). Personally I like the spicy version.

If that's not low carb enough and you're brave enough, you could give Walden Farms calorie free a try.

Approaching 50 days of logging in with MFP and just about every day, I've been under my net calorie goal. Not a lot of visual progress in my appearance and my feet have had a fair share of work for them lately, but I still walk as much as I can and check what is available to eat and make decisions accordingly. A guy of my size and structure requires a little over 3,000 calories a day so MFP suggests 2,500 net calories each day for a steady loss but I tend to do what I can to make it around the 2,000-2,100 range. Hill next to my house is a somewhat tough walk but making it to the top is pretty satisfying.

Nearly a month ago, I reported that I could move to the next notch on my belt. It was likely a combination of stretching the belt out and then maybe some slight loss around my waist. Well in the past week, I've been able to move one notch further and remain relatively comfortable. Only one notch remains before I'd need a new/smaller one. The prospect of buying new, smaller clothes is definitely an exciting one.

U2NUMB

Awesome work everyone...

I am zeroing in on my goal.. right at 87 down since January 2014... overall down 127 in the last 3 years.. all post divorce.

Will post before and after when I hit my goal.. 21 more to go!

Stubbs. Sweet Baby Ray's, for example is 17g carb (16g sugar). Stubbs is 6g carb (3g sugar). Personally I like the spicy version.

If that's not low carb enough and you're brave enough, you could give Walden Farms calorie free a try.

I may have to try it. We will see... 6g for a couple tablespoons of sauce is still a lot for me.

Horseticuffs

Approaching 50 days of logging in with MFP and just about every day, I've been under my net calorie goal. Not a lot of visual progress in my appearance and my feet have had a fair share of work for them lately, but I still walk as much as I can and check what is available to eat and make decisions accordingly. A guy of my size and structure requires a little over 3,000 calories a day so MFP suggests 2,500 net calories each day for a steady loss but I tend to do what I can to make it around the 2,000-2,100 range. Hill next to my house is a somewhat tough walk but making it to the top is pretty satisfying.

Nearly a month ago, I reported that I could move to the next notch on my belt. It was likely a combination of stretching the belt out and then maybe some slight loss around my waist. Well in the past week, I've been able to move one notch further and remain relatively comfortable. Only one notch remains before I'd need a new/smaller one. The prospect of buying new, smaller clothes is definitely an exciting one.

That's really stellar! I always tell people not to get discouraged by a lack of visible progress. Trust me, you're always the last to notice. The trick is keep plugging along despite that, just like you're doing.

Keep on being badass!

Awesome work everyone...

I am zeroing in on my goal.. right at 87 down since January 2014... overall down 127 in the last 3 years.. all post divorce.

Will post before and after when I hit my goal.. 21 more to go!

Divorce can be a great catalyst for change. When my marriage went to shit I knew it way my time to, as they say in Shawshank Redemption; "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

I'm glad you chose to get busy livin'. You're doing awesome and I've no doubt you'll lose that last twenty.

Yup, this morning marked 50 days of using MFP. I may have fudged the numbers of what I ate here and there but for the most part, I thoroughly recorded what I ate and all that I moved. Results might not be immediately noticeable but if the numbers are actually mostly on par with what I recorded, between June 30 and now, I should be down about 6 pounds. If so, that's incredibly encouraging! Probably wouldn't have made this progress if I didn't come to this thread and read the other accounts and use the sources that were given. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom