• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

Alkaliine said:
43.gif
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
If it is Nights.. how do you guys think/want it to be controlled with the wiimote? I see 2 possibilies.

1) The wiimote can act like a mouse with a curser on screen that Nights dude will follow either continuously or with every trigger press the Nights dude will go in that direction.

2) You turn the wiimote sideways (parralel to the tv screen) and the Nights dude mimics the motion of the wiimote. But this may make it difficult the press buttons on the wiimote, so the Nights dash move may be hard to use.

This is of course assuming Nights remains 2D and retains a similar gameplay formula to the Saturn version.

wsippel

Banned
Xellotah said:
The thing is, even if it is Nights, I don't have much confidence in sega producing anything half-way decent.
It's rumored that Prope works on NiGHTS Wii, not SEGA. And Prope has a small Q&A about their next-gen project on their website. As far as I understand (Google translation), Sega will publish the title, it's not Sonic, it's "probably" for Wii and the game is bright and colorfull and targetted at both kids and adults (prope.jp/boshu.html).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Because Naka has such a magic touch recently? I mean, where is the confidence in him coming from? Because we aren't 100% sure what he's worked on in the last five years?

wsippel

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Because Naka has such a magic touch recently? I mean, where is the confidence in him coming from? Because we aren't 100% sure what he's worked on in the last five years?
Confidence? My post was just an information, I don't know whether or not it would be better if Prope develops the game (if the rumor is true, that is). It probably couldn't be much worse, though...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
wsippel said:
Confidence? My post was just an information, I don't know whether or not it would be better if Prope develops the game (if the rumor is true, that is). It probably couldn't be much worse, though...

In context, it was used to address the concern of SEGA's shittiness. I don't know, I'm not necessarily more confident in Prope; in fact, I still believe that Sega does have some good talent within its bowels (Yakuza, for example) and would rather them work on it. Of course, they have no background with the series (as Naka does), but I feel like at least they are competent developers.

For some reason, if it really is Nights....

Travelers Tales would be behind it. Why? Well they seem to be given the opportunity to work on such games. Although they make some decent graphics that'd match Nights' style, their game designers....are not so good.

WHICH IS PERFECT FOR SEGA'S RECENT STANDARDS, AM I RIGHT?

ivysaur12

Banned
Hmmmm... Well, I for one hope it's NiGHTS. Not having Saturn games on the VC really makes me sad, and I'd love to be able to play NiGHTS again.

When does this magazine come out? Next month?

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
I don't feel like searching through all the pages to see if anyone posted this, but this is confirmed not to be an April Fools joke now.

Source

edit: crap. go nintendo is banned, go figure.

ant1532

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
RUMOR - ***** confirms Wii NiGHTS title #617
Quote:
I know that ***** doesn’t have the greatest reputation out there. For every site out there, there’s a group of people that don’t like it (********** included). Having said that, I don’t trust this story, but I thought it was worth a mention. I don’t want to misconstrue what ***** is saying, so you can read a bit of their post word for word below.

This morning we’ve spent a good deal of time chasing up contacts at Sega, Nintendo and elsewhere and we are glad to be the first to confirm 100% that there IS a totally new NiGHTS title for Wii in the works (i.e. it’s not just NiGHTS coming to Virtual Console or whatever).

As is the case with these things, nobody was happy to go officially ‘on the record’ with this, suffice to say that ***** will be getting the official word with full details of the game in the very near future, so stay tuned for that.

They say it’s confirmed, but they don’t have anyone willing to go on the record yet. Take that however you would like. As far as I am concerned, the game is still very much up in the air.

Old ?

Is this from s-p-o-n-g??

Lol I would never trust them

Xisiqomelir

muramura said:
I don't feel like searching through all the pages to see if anyone posted this, but this is confirmed not to be an April Fools joke now.

Source

edit: crap. go nintendo is banned, go figure.

Here's the text of the page to save people typing:

ONM responds to new game (NiGHTS) speculation - Not April Fool’s joke, star image could be anything

Reader Dunn_ace sent a link my way to a thread over at the Official Nintendo Magazine forums that is discussing the exclusive game coming next issue. ONM team member Chandra took the time to post on the all the coverage that the piece is getting.

Hi.

I’m very aware how much coverage our Next Month page is getting across the globe right now. I have to admit — I thought it was a cool little teaser when we did it — but I didn’t anticipate it blowing up quite so much! I’ve seen everything from Family Guy to Woody Woodpecker fitting perfectly in that star cluster! Very Happy

Anyhoo, I’m here to iron a few things out. This is not an April Fool. I remember once I did an April Fool on CUBE with Gannondorf Photoshopped into Soul Calibur II and people got really upset when they found out it wasn’t true so we don’t do those kind of things anymore. I think they’re just a bit of a laugh but obviously other more sensitive people don’t. . .

Also, we do have respect for our readers and we don’t set out to purposely mislead people. The whole point of the Next Month image is to be a teaser and to get people guessing. It’s just A BIT OF FUN. There are no lies in there. Innevitably the situation might change between the time of the mag going to print and the release of the next issue (it is a good six weeks after all). The game may end up being announced online before we hit the shelves. Ocassionally these things happen and it’s completely out of our control. However, the point is that we are not misleading you — there is a new game due to be announced.

In summary then, please take a deep breath and count to ten when you’re thinking about this. There are quite a few images that perfectly fit into that star cluster. We’ve never mentioned any names — it could be anything.

Well, at least we know it isn’t an April Fool’s joke.

"A BIT OF FUN". Sigh.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
JSnake said:
So, why is Go Nintendo banned?

Because some anonymous message in a response to a story spread a false rumor...pretty weak

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
schuelma said:
Because some anonymous message in a response to a story spread a false rumor...pretty weak
i think it was an accumulation of reasons, not any one thing

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm hyped for this. not that I think these duders can deliver on anything, but the meltdown will be awesome. Go pessimists!

Eteric Rice

********** is a good site, the guy owns and plays all three consoles. He may like Nintendo, but he's called them out before.

They need to unban them. : /

Saoh said:
and good franchises.

and money.

Brobzoid said:
I'm hyped for this. not that I think these duders can deliver on anything, but the meltdown will be awesome. Go pessimists!

Yes indeed, this should be very enjoyable to watch once the magazine comes out. The more hype, the bigger the meltdown. Speaking of hype I heard a rumor from a guy that played NiGHTS Wii and he says that its going to be the best game ever. Digg that, suckas!

Helzown

Eteric Rice said:
********** is a good site, the guy owns and plays all three consoles. He may like Nintendo, but he's called them out before.

They need to unban them. : /

Damn straight.

I never played NiGHTS, but I'd like to... so a new one sounds cool.

Helzown

super funk said:
It wasnt on a Nintendo system.

Uhh, yeah... I'm sure that's the answer. :/

Anyway, I simply missed out on the Saturn. I didn't have the money for one for a while, and lost interest. 'twas the only Sega console I missed, and I regret it... another console to go back to would be great. Then again, I'm blissfully unaware of any other treasured Saturn games that exist out there so whatever.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
bigmakstudios said:

I'm gonna say this stuff is pretty concrete. NiGHTS it is.

Also, if you noticed, in that long letter Official Nintendo Magazine wrote about the whole rumor ordeal, not ONCE did they mention NiGHTS. They're purposely ignoring it, even though it's the most obvious and highly speculated game that came from this.

Yeah, it's definitely NiGHTS.

In response to there not being a higher res version of the NGamer teaser, I took another pic and you can find it here. Unfortunatly my scanner isn't hooked up so I can't scan it, but I'm almost certain there is nothing important on the Earth.

temjin

Banned
This thread has inspired me to play Nights again, so that's exactly what I am doing right now... Instead of going to class :lol

Terrell

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Well, to be honest, Naka has had about as much involvement in Sonic Team projects over the past 5 years as Miyamoto had in Metroid Prime: VERY cursory, to the point of being only a lightly-dabbling figurehead. Naka had been promoted to a more managerial position within Sega, which is why he left to form PROPE, to become more actively involved in the processes of game development again.

If ONM and Cubed3 aren't banned yet, then how about the fact ONM reviewed a non-existant game (okay, it existed in Japanese). Tingle RPG is not in English according to Eiji Aonuma, and NCL hasn't even heard of any plans to release it outside of Japan. I'd also like to know how Cubed3 played it as well, and if so many media outlets in the UK were at this event to play it, why have not a single, solitary other one posted about it

You know you're lying when the ROM hacking community is working on an English version of Tingle RPG because even their far reach hasn't found a copy of this magical, mysterious "English" Tingle RPG game.

What's a ban on GAF to them? They get their name in asteriks...probably makes their name a bigger deal then it was before, too.

TSA said:
If ONM and Cubed3 aren't banned yet, then how about the fact ONM reviewed a non-existant game (okay, it existed in Japanese). Tingle RPG is not in English according to Eiji Aonuma, and NCL hasn't even heard of any plans to release it outside of Japan. I'd also like to know how Cubed3 played it as well, and if so many media outlets in the UK were at this event to play it, why have not a single, solitary other one posted about it

You know you're lying when the ROM hacking community is working on an English version of Tingle RPG because even their far reach hasn't found a copy of this magical, mysterious "English" Tingle RPG game.

What's a ban on GAF to them? They get their name in asteriks...probably makes their name a bigger deal then it was before, too.

This news bothers me. Maybe I'm out the loop, but there's really no English version of Tingle? Cubed3 just...made it up?

Linkup

TSA said:

I don't get it either. Gaf: *** has just been banned. ON-M: Hehe

Top Bottom