• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Same two guys repeating the same thing over and over.

Really? Really?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=87786946#post87786946

At least 4 other insiders make similar claims but

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

So can someone give me a legitimate reason to believe these rumors other than "lol they've been right before"? As someone who likes actual proof, and doesn't know who these supposed insiders are, All I see are random twitter accounts spouting more rumor nonsense with nothing to back it up other than "a dev told me this!". Not really impressed.

This rumor just sounds too outlandish for me. Have to go with ERP's opinion here that it sounds "hokey." Of course if the rumor doesn't appear in public, then everyone will say MSFT rushed to fix it I guess?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Just another unverified anti-Xbox One rumour. We'll see when the games and the system arrives.

I don't believe one word from any of those dudes. I personally think they should keep their mouths closed knowing that these systems are a work in progress and when and if they don't work on the day or week of launch then you can complain. I'm really tired of "RUMORS" and this one upsmanship of insider knowledge. The embellishment and condescending tone of the statements just irks me.

RetroStu

Banned
If the X1 is a success 80% of GAF is going to commit suicide.

Better get some body bags ready then because i have a feeling that Microsoft will have the last laugh. Its like a Hollywood script where everyone is against the main character, everyone wants to ikill and destroy him but he pulls through in the end.

After reading this forum for the past few months, i seriously can't wait for it to happen.

Raistlin

How can it be so bad???

Plan was for a 2014 launch, and they got caught with their pants down when Sony pulled an amazing switcheroo with the 2013 announcement.

That business decision in itself likely would have led to these sorts of issues. To then compound it by making the business decision to pull DRM ... that's how we end up here.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
*sigh*

Honestly thinking about cancelling my pre-order and just spending that money on a new graphics card for my PC.

Seems like a better idea to just wait for a bit and see how these new systems handle everything for the first year or so.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So can someone give me a legitimate reason to believe these rumors other than "lol they've been right before"? As someone who likes actual proof, and doesn't know who these supposed insiders are, All I see are random twitter accounts spouting more rumor nonsense with nothing to back it up other than "a dev told me this!". Not really impressed.

At least the narrative about the eSRAM probably being a lifelong limitation makes sense from a technological point of view.

MaulerX

WTF? This is the same shit from yesterday recycled in a different package. No new sources. Same shit from the same people. All this piling on is smelling a bit fishy. The delivery method sounds like some people have agendas. Both systems will receive day one patches and I bet many more as time goes on. It's the nature of the beast with these things.

I can't wait till November 22 for all these rumors to be laid to rest (or validated, whatever).

At this point some users are just getting insane with all these rumors popping up. :p

sestrugen

Who can confirm it if MS doesn't talk about it and the "journalists" are embargoed and resort to talk cryptically to one another via twitter?

Revven

This rumor just sounds too outlandish for me. Have to go with ERP's opinion here that it sounds "hokey." Of course if the rumor doesn't appear in public, then everyone will say MSFT rushed to fix it I guess?

Both of ya'll missed the original megathread that happened over night with more developments and other sources agreeing with thuway and Mort.

Feorax

Why do the mods keep locking these threads?
Xbox moneyhats? A paranoid person may think.

In the end, they tend to be the same stuff regurgitated over and over again. Not to mention the console warriors like to rock up and shit on anyone who doesn't share their opinion on the matter.

It's tough when there is so much uncertainty this close to launch. People are getting impatient. Still, just over 2 weeks to PS4 launch!
USA ;_;

daveo42

Banned
Just another unverified anti-Xbox One rumour. We'll see when the games and the system arrives.

Well there is time to fix some of this stuff, but not sure if it'll all be good to go at launch. Besides, 3 sources is pretty good verification for this kind of stuff, unless all this comes from like one guy.

system11

An interesting thing I've just seen (by simply searching on ebay UK for sold items), is that the profit margin on reselling either console is more or less the same, and half of it will be lost in ebay fees. It will be interesting to see how those prices change after the reviews start coming in.

Sandfox

Why are people in this thread so paranoid and assuming that all the insiders have some giant campaign against MS or something?

Am I crazy or is this all the same stuff that was in last night's mega thread?

Slightly different drum: last night was about online features being borked, today it's about how running an app while playing a game (via the Snap feature) will probably result in a crash.

Pbae

That doesn't mean shit. The XBox1's GPU is still inferior in everyway to the PS4's GPU expect for the recent upclock.

Yeah, I made a mistake and edited it in the original post.

As for the the mandatory install information, http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/1/4791340/xbox-one-day-one-patch-download-time

In regards to the quote I used, it was from this Edge article, http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Rhindle

At this point, we're just recycling the same crap on a daily basis. No offense to anyone involved, but not sure what the point is unless someone has anything new and concrete to offer. Yes OS features are unfinished, tools are still not up to snuff. We get it.

Seriously. Most don't even pretend to be concerned any more...

Nah. Stop with the persecution complex. Yes people are laughing, looking in amazement and generally talking about the car crash, but outside of a few crazy posters nobody "hates" the Xbox one. Personally, I dont give a shit if it works perfectly out the box or not. Wont effect my purchase. That said, its worth commenting on because it is a current event in gaming.

I feel like we are all hurdling towards some kind of scary end game. what that is I don't know.

honestly I am going PS4 at launch but I loved my 360 last gen and I want to have those same experiences next gen. The plan for now is to wait for Halo and see how it looks then.

legacyzero

Banned
Why is MS being this smug about it? Youd think they would try to put these fires out somehow. What they are doinf is simply fanning he flames....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom