• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York Police Union Condemns What It Terms ‘Blue Racism’

Maybe they should try and make a statement about how they intend to rise above the bad and often warranted stereotype instead of offensively playing the victim

There's a reason why I feel safer next to crack heads and literal drug dealers I know are carrying guns than a cop I don't personally know.

Fuck outta here.

The issue of Cops being a voluntary profession and not a race aside, How often do Cops get shot for simply for being cops with the perpetrator being caught and then let off free with no meaningful consequences

RinsFury

These motherfuckers murder minorities with impunity and they actually have the nerve to say the words "blue racism"? I shouldn't even be shocked anymore. Fuck all cops.

Official statement of the NYPU:

giphy.gif

gcubed

The level of tone deafness to actually prepare this and release remarks is otherworldly.

Someone should have sat them down and told them no matter what they feel, you don't do this.

So if being racist against blue is more racist the being racist against a race... Does that make blue a super race?

For a video celebrating diversity I have to wonder just how much diversity there was among the people who actually produced, approved and released that video.

UberTag

Don't be racist against smurfs, folks.
Also, don't melt them into gold. Or try to eat them. It's not right.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Fuck OFF.

People are not inherently police officers - unlike the people of color they murder with impunity, they choose the situation they're in.

Don't want to be judged by the badge? Make the badge mean something instead of always siding with those among you violating the oath you all swear to uphold.

You know, CLEAN YOUR FUCKING HOUSE.

Velcro Fly

Like you have to push outrageous shit like this in the hopes of something less outrageous becomes what everyone thinks.

D i Z

They're going to continue doing whatever they can to reduce race with semantics and made up bullshit because so many people are dumb enough to adopt what they say.

Police cry too much and their image is their own problem. They wanna continue targeting black people over everyone else. Yeah, thanks.

Dynasty

Gaf need to stop being racist towards blue people, it isnt there fault they are genetically predisposed to shooting black people.

Damm that MLK quote.

I came to the conclusion a while ago that the rank and file police officers aren't the problem, it's the police unions that indoctrinate them to this kind of bullshit and make them feel like the victims when they're the ones that chose this (admittedly difficult) profession.

Ban the unions.

mrkgoo

This is BS.

I mean I get the sentiment of many decent officers probably getting crap based on a minority of bad examples....but yeah, it's not the same thing.

I hate to blame people for the shit that their bosses make them say/do.

I seriously don't like or trust American Law Enforcement. Unfortunately, or fortunately more likely, I only know of the american kind. And they suck.

Geist-

Dumbasses. You're not being discriminated against if you deserve the criticism. If you want respect, stop killing innocent people and letting murderers off with a warning.

ibyea

Banned
That MLK quote is the icing on the shit cake. Like holy cow this is one of the most tone deaf stuff I have ever seen.

Opto

Banned
I can't. I can't I just can't. They fucking called it racism. Nope. 2017 is not a real thing. We're in some bullshit simulation and the kid just figured since he can't win the end game he's just going to fuck with everything

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ain't my fucking problem you're part of a racist as fuck justice system.

Yep, let's stereotype all individuals.

Fuck, this is why we aren't solving any problem.

I must confess, my first reaction is to be afraid of cops (I'm brown), but I always treat them with respect and hope for the best.

I don't know why I expected it to be "racism by cops"

Same, but then I saw it was from a police union.

A union is an association of employees banding together to get better working conditions. A professional association is a grouping of professionals voluntary enforcing ethics upon its members. A police union tough, seems to be an association of people trying to maintain their existence above the law. There really isn't much like it.

Yep, let's stereotype all individuals.

Fuck, this is why we aren't solving any problem.

I must confess, my first reaction is to be afraid of cops (I'm brown), but I always treat them with respect and hope for the best.

the problem needs to be solved by the people with the power/authority. Thus far, the people with the power/authority don't seem to give a single fuck about solving this problem, not even the "good ones" (#NOTALLCOPS!) Putting the onus on black/brown people for not getting killed by police is fucking ridiculous and stupid.

Top Bottom