• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Footage

ika

They showed the same scene in Gamexplain (without fanboy screams lol), and it seems the image from the first trailer is somewhat different (minute 1:27) maybe flipped over...? Maybe I can't remember it right...

That's not the answer we're looking for though. That just means what I said above, no new instruments.

Huh? They said they hadn't noticed any changes to the music at all--not just instruments

There's a ton of gameplay videos out there--have you checked those? I haven't noticed any differences from them yet either, but I also didn't try comparing them

TheMoon

Huh? They said they hadn't noticed any changes to the music at all--not just instruments

There's a ton of gameplay videos out there--have you checked those? I haven't noticed any differences from them yet either, but I also didn't try comparing them

The cleaner mix/remastering found on the sound selection CD is not something you'd necessarily notice in the game without directly comparing it or deliberately looking for it. Hence why I keep saying wait until people actually have their hands on it and can check properly.

The cleaner mix/remastering found on the sound selection CD is not something you'd necessarily notice in the game without directly comparing it or deliberately looking for it. Hence why I keep saying wait until people actually have their hands on it and can check properly.

Videos are out there. You can compare them right now, even

maxcriden

Videos are out there. You can compare them right now, even

I know, I'm just not interested in judging this off of videos and I'm not in a hurry since that won't affect me getting it or not.

Thanks for explaining ☺

Like Moon, this won't affect my purchase at all, just something I'm particularly curious about.

It's interesting to see the comments about having a virtual button for the transformation. Some people make it seem like transforming was some convoluted process that involved lots of menu navigation. When in reality that was never the case.

Pressing "Up and A" was all it took since by default the transform command was always selected.

However, what people hasn't pointed out is that transforming from Wolf to Human did have an extra delay, probably because the game was loading the "Link" assets which are obviously more than the Wolf's ones. The Wii U version does seem to do this a lot faster.

Just saw one of those looks from a very notable site.

There's a good portion of the show that came of like self serving and revetionistic, just to stroke ones ego. Passing as facts things that are mostly an opinion... a very debatable one no less.

After close to 10 years to this day, the man still doesn't understand why Wii Remote was implemented in that way for the Wii Version? XD

Just saw one of those looks from a very notable site.

There's a good portion of the show that came of like self serving and revetionistic, just to stroke ones ego. Passing as facts things that are mostly an opinion... a very debatable one no less.

After close to 10 years to this day, the man still doesn't understand why Wii Remote was implemented in that way for the Wii Version? XD
Was it the Giant Bomb Quicklook?

Was it the Giant Bomb Quicklook?

Correct.

I'm 8.8 percent sure.

8.8? If i was the reviewer of Twilight Princess i've would have scored it a bit less than that most certainly. The score is irrelevant, not substantiating with reasonable arguments why you scored it like that is what matters. Pointing out as a fact that the game controlled poorly and that it was an inferior controlling method to the alternative, yet not giving anything concrete is rather questionable.

And to this day, that he doesn't understand why you "waggle" to sword is downright amazing XD

CaVaYeRo

So Nintendo put some Zelda U pictures as paintings in Hyrule Market store in TPHD as some cruel easter egg... :O

Youtube

Sorry if old :p

Hehe just noticed myself and captured a couple of screens.

It's both the super-popular field shot and the moment in the forest before the chase, both from the first gameplay reveal. Funny they're both mirrored though:

_1690663b.png

_1690673b.png

_1690683b.png

_1690693b.png

_1690703b.png

Speaking of paintings.

Want to see with what higher resolutions paintings the original ones are substituted in Snow Peak Ruin temple. Since it's supposed to be a mansion, the place is littered with r paintings everywhere.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Man, I really love this game. And I still have to reach snow peak dungeon (probably my favourite of them all)

skypunch

Banned
Just reminding you all that Twilight Princess is 10 years old & is available to play on the Gamecube & Wii.

All of this manufactured hype over an HD port of a game released 10 years ago is pathetic.

mizuk_i

Just reminding you all that Twilight Princess is 10 years old & is available to play on the Gamecube & Wii.

All of this manufactured hype over an HD port of a game released 10 years ago is pathetic.

Wow i totally forgot i played this 10 years ago thanks man.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Well I am simply aghast! If not for your selfless reminder, some poor soul could have ended up spending money on a thing they wanted!

Thank ye, dearest Gaffer, and may good tidings await you beyond this noble deed of yours!

TheMoon

Look who woke up grumpy today. Jesus.

Key fact is that this is literally not the same game and not just an HD port. If it really were just that nobody would give a shit.

sonto340

What the fuck is the point of posting like this.
No one will gain anything.

Let me just go dig out my GameCube from storage and hook it up to my 65" TV and get ready for the 480p trip of a lifetime.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

You want to hear a fact that's even more shocking? I played TP on Dolphin some 2 years ago and I manufactured now my hype to great levels to play this game again in 4 days. Because it has the best Zelda dungeons and the controls mapped to Wii remote sucked (it was the Wii version that I had running on Dolphin). And it's now looking much better than the Dolphin version that had a bigger resolution and forced improvements.

ASIS

Upon further research, I can confirm that this game did in fact release 10 years ago.

Thank you so much for your kind warning, I would have never known that this was the same game I played and loved and replayed 3 times. Shame on you Nintendo for trying to fool us!

Top Bottom