• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Footage

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just reminding you all that Twilight Princess is 10 years old & is available to play on the Gamecube & Wii.

All of this manufactured hype over an HD port of a game released 10 years ago is pathetic.

1. Some people never played it.
2. This is your first and only post in this thread, what kind of drive-by hateful stuff in this? What did this game do to you!?

Just reminding you all that Twilight Princess is 10 years old & is available to play on the Gamecube & Wii.

All of this manufactured hype over an HD port of a game released 10 years ago is pathetic.
I just spent 10 hours over the weekend playing a port of a 20 year old Pokemon game.

I wonder how you feel about all the people who are excited to be playing the recent Pokemon ports.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wonder how you felt when Sony announced the PS4 remaster for the Last of Us.

You know, a game that wasn't even a full year old.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Let me just go dig out my GameCube from storage and hook it up to my 65" TV and get ready for the 480p trip of a lifetime.

In Europe we're not even that lucky; 480i only, including the Wii version. This HD version is even more of a godsend in that regard.

III-V

Is this known to be 30 fps?

I still own Gamecube version, and always liked the twilight realm art, but I am not 100% sure I feel like double dipping. It has been quite a while since I have had my LoZ fix though.

jariw

Is this known to be 30 fps?

Yes. 1080p, 30dps.

I stopped playing the Wii version after just a few hours (because it looked absolutely terrible with a crisp HDMI output from the Wii mode) when I bought the Wii version last year, and I'm actually really excited to actually be able to enjoy the game. The old version of it probably looked ok with a CRT screen, but with HDMI - no.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just found this, includes new Screen of next Zelda U/(NX)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP_LRYN0hZc

Those aren't new. Those aren't new at ALL.

Damn it!

EDIT: Wait, the screens are mirrored in Regular Mode. That means they'll be on the right orientation in Hero Mode, which is the Wii flipped version of the game.

Does that mean that Regular Mode, and thus the base of this whole remaster, is based on the Wii version and NOT the Gamecube version?

balgajo

Those aren't new. Those aren't new at ALL.

Damn it!

EDIT: Wait, the screens are mirrored in Regular Mode. That means they'll be on the right orientation in Hero Mode, which is the Wii flipped version of the game.

Does that mean that Regular Mode, and thus the base of this whole remaster, is based on the Wii version and NOT the Gamecube version?

I thought about it too. They merged a lot o features.

From Wii
Sword cutting while moving, third-person aiming mode option, widescreen and now this.

Fom GC
Second analog camera controls, unlimited spin attack, analog for aiming, first person aiming.

If they created some new texture with hylian text we will know.

What does it matter? lol
I want my eshop money back if they did this. How could...

TheMoon

whoever designed the dungeons for this game needs to do every zelda game

if you only knew^^

Twilight Princess Level Planning:
Ryutaro Kanno - most recently did level design for Splatoon/Zelda: ALBW
Minoru Narita - did level design for Pikmin 3/Zelda: ALBW
Yugo Hayashi - director of Star Fox Zero
Kosuke Yabuki - director of Mario Kart series
Kosono Okina - most recently did level design for NSLU/character design for Super Mario Maker

Twilight Princess Dungeon Design
(thought his credit seems to be primarily for artists/graphic designers)

Hiromu Takemura
  • Super Mario Galaxy (2007) (Planet Design Manager)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011) (Planning)
  • Pikmin 3 (2013) (Planning)
  • Splatoon (2015) (Planning)
Shinko Takeshita
  • The Legend of Zelda : Spirit Tracks - Field Designer (2009)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Object Designer (2011)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2012) (Field Design)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2013) (Field Design)
Akito Osanai
  • Mario Kart Wii (2008) (Course Design)
  • Wii Fit Plus (2009) (Lead Designer)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2012) (Design Directors)
  • Pikmin 3 (2013) (Field Design)
  • Splatoon (2015) (Design)
Kazunori Hashimoto
  • Super Mario Galaxy - Planet Designer (2007)
  • New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Map Designer (2008)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Lead Planet Designer (2010)
  • Super Mario 3D Land - Graphic Designer (2011)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Field Designer (2011)
  • Super Mario 3D World - Environmental Design(2013)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U - Supervisor (Original Games (2014)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Environmental Design (2014)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Design Support (2015)

kizmah

Wait a minute, is this not a brand new Zelda? Damn you Nintendo, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

sNiE8Wz.jpg

shiyrley

Banned

Holy shit, sorry, you are right. I will now proceed to stop being excited about this and instead cry about it

balgajo

Yeah, I played the Gamecube version and I remember using that feature all the time.

Cool! I played GC version one time until 100% then I bought a Wii. Though I never played Wii version until 100% because I didn't want the mirrored world to corrupt my memory about TP hyrule.

I know this was just a drive-by and you probably won't see any of these responses, but here's mine just in case:

Have you ever watched a movie twice?

Also keep in mind that both original versions of this game look jaggy and terrible on HDTVs (and CRTs to a lesser degree). It is very deserving of a remaster and many of us are pumped to replay it without having to tolerate the muddy visuals of the original versions.

me0wish

if you only knew^^

Twilight Princess Level Planning:
Ryutaro Kanno - most recently did level design for Splatoon/Zelda: ALBW
Minoru Narita - did level design for Pikmin 3/Zelda: ALBW
Yugo Hayashi - director of Star Fox Zero
Kosuke Yabuki - director of Mario Kart series
Kosono Okina - most recently did level design for NSLU/character design for Super Mario Maker

Twilight Princess Dungeon Design
(thought his credit seems to be primarily for artists/graphic designers)

Hiromu Takemura
  • Super Mario Galaxy (2007) (Planet Design Manager)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011) (Planning)
  • Pikmin 3 (2013) (Planning)
  • Splatoon (2015) (Planning)
Shinko Takeshita
  • The Legend of Zelda : Spirit Tracks - Field Designer (2009)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Object Designer (2011)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2012) (Field Design)
Akito Osanai
  • Mario Kart Wii (2008) (Course Design)
  • Wii Fit Plus (2009) (Lead Designer)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (2012) (Design Directors)
  • Pikmin 3 (2013) (Field Design)
  • Splatoon (2015) (Design)
Kazunori Hashimoto
  • Super Mario Galaxy - Planet Designer (2007)
  • New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Map Designer (2008)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Lead Planet Designer (2010)
  • Super Mario 3D Land - Graphic Designer (2011)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Field Designer (2011)
  • Super Mario 3D World - Environmental Design(2013)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U - Supervisor (Original Games (2014)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Environmental Design (2014)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Design Support (2015)

Had TP day one, never had the chance to play it, but this hypes the hell out of me!

JobenNC

godspeed, brave guardian of justified hype.

Speaking of paintings.

Want to see with what higher resolutions paintings the original ones are substituted in Snow Peak Ruin temple. Since it's supposed to be a mansion, the place is littered with r paintings everywhere.

This reminds me I'm going to get stuck pushing blocks around on ice, again.

AdanVC

Guys this is an emergency. I'm in Mexico and Amazon Mexico just opened preorders for Zelda Twilight Princess + amiibo bundle and I managed to put on my cart but when I was doing the checkout process I checked the page and the preorders are sold out already but the game bundle continues showing on my cart. Do I continue doing the checkout process or I'm already screwed and I will have to wait until preorders are back again???? Thanks! Hope it's ok to ask this on this thread.

spookyfish

Guys this is an emergency. I'm in Mexico and Amazon Mexico just opened preorders for Zelda Twilight Princess + amiibo bundle and I managed to put on my cart but when I was doing the checkout process I checked the page and the preorders are sold out already but the game bundle continues showing on my cart. Do I continue doing the checkout process or I'm already screwed and I will have to wait until preorders are back again???? Thanks! Hope it's ok to ask this on this thread.

I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you.

We just found out this game is 10 years old, and any hype for it is manufactured.

I would continue with it, and hope it comes through. They shouldn't take your money unless it ships.

Rich!

just realised I'm able to get free release day shipping from amazon for my limited edition set! awww yeah! And I didn't realise it came with a soundtrack either, which is a nice surprise.

£39.99 isn't too bad a price at all for the special edition together with the soundtrack and amiibo. It's alright.

AdanVC

I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you.

We just found out this game is 10 years old, and any hype for it is manufactured.

I would continue with it, and hope it comes through. They shouldn't take your money unless it ships.

Thanks! Whew looks like the checkout went fine and I managed to secure one! Was not planning on buying this game but that freaking amiibo was so tempting. #MaterialWorldProblems

JonnyKong

I wonder if the reviews for this game will match the current score of 95 on Meta for the old version.

Anyone know when the embargo drops?

Robin64

Preorder cancelled. Thanks.

I'll stick to getting excited with the other people about remasters of games from consoles that were already HD. You've made me see the light.

maxcriden

I wonder if the reviews for this game will match the current score of 95 on Meta for the old version.

Anyone know when the embargo drops?

I wouldn't hold your breath for a Nintendo MC to be that high for much of anything, especially what's become a moderately polarizing entry in the series. I'd be pleased to be wrong but I expect it to be lower than the original MC.

Top Bottom