• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Hitman game first concept art spotted

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
After Absolution I don't even care what they do to this franchise anymore. It's considered dead now. Fuck it make it open world for all I care.

You do realize it's a totally different developer for this one right?

Derrick01

Banned
You do realize it's a totally different developer for this one right?

Yes. If this happened after Blood Money I'd be shitting bricks but who cares now? What's left of IO just crapped out an IP-killing game. The new guys cannot possibly make a worse Hitman game unless they drop stealth entirely and make it a TPS.

javac

Maybe he liked the game? Maybe he isn't a massive Hitman evangelist and found this to be a fun game just like a lot of people hated conviction, but a few people enjoyed it, whether they consider themselves old fans or newcomers?

jimi_dini

The new guys cannot possibly make a worse Hitman game unless they drop stealth entirely and make it a TPS.

hitman-6-artwork-2-e1karxd.jpg

Done and done

Derrick01

Banned
Maybe he liked the game? Maybe he isn't a massive Hitman evangelist and found this to be a fun game just like a lot of people hated conviction, but a few people enjoyed it, whether they consider themselves old fans or newcomers?

You don't have to be a Hitman fan at all to notice all of the problems Absolution has. It's not just a horrible Hitman game, it's a horrible stealth game in general. Way too many fundamental design issues to even consider it a good game in general.

javac

You don't have to be a Hitman fan at all to notice all of the problems Absolution has. It's not just a horrible Hitman game, it's a horrible stealth game in general. Way too many fundamental design issues to even consider it a good game in general.

I don't know, just seems silly to just reply with :lol because he obviously enjoyed it, and even if it's a terrible game, it's not crazy to imagine that people, or at least one person enjoyed it. Plus it's kinda subjective, even if it's technically broken, it can still have redeeming qualities. I personally wasn't a huge fan of it, but if someone told me they enjoyed it, I wouldn't be shocked.

MormaPope

Banned

The three opinions of Derrick:

1. Deus Ex is the best game ever and everything afterwards can't even compare
2. It was ok
3. It was horrible

Being that predictable must be invigorating I guess.

vidcons

Banned
Hello, I'm chronically depressed and spend my days being angry at future videogames on the internet. Then I play these games and complain about them.

Some days, I might say something positive, but only in a round about way to be incredibly negative about something else.

I'm devoid of joy. My best smile is a grimace, and I only muster this for the common decency of my mother's cooking.

Sn4ke_911

Hello, I'm chronically depressed and spend my days being angry at future videogames on the internet. Then I play these games and complain about them.

Some days, I might say something positive, but only in a round about way to be incredibly negative about something else.

I'm devoid of joy. My best smile is a grimace, and I only muster this for the common decency of my mother's cooking.

Yeah ok, that made me laugh quite a bit.

Derrick01

Banned
The three opinions of Derrick:

1. Deus Ex is the best game ever and everything afterwards can't even compare
2. It was ok
3. It was horrible

Being that predictable must be invigorating I guess.

I'm only as predictable as the video game industry is. Maybe if it ever decides to change I can stop saying each new game is bad.

because they made Human Revolution

That was Eidos Montreal, this is square-enix montreal. I don't even know if they've made anything yet.

vidcons

Banned
UGH, MASHED POTATOES!?! I've been telling you all day that I wanted Mac 'n Cheese as a side. Do you even listen? You keep this up and I'll move out of the house.

YES THEY TASTE FINE BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT

vidcons

Banned
Sure, this hot dog is palpable, but that's only because the other is lacking mustard in comparison. I swear, how hard is it to get some decent condiments in this house?

vidcons

Banned
Who goes out to eat? I don't enjoy social eating. It's garbage. It's subpar food that's supposed to be masked behind social interaction. The conversation is supposed to literally distract you from the putrid food you're shoveling into your mouth. I can't believe you're falling for this, Patty.

AND Aunt Margaret is coming? DO YOU EVEN LOVE ME

MormaPope

Banned
I'm only as predictable as the video game industry is. Maybe if it ever decides to change I can stop saying each new game is bad.

That was Eidos Montreal, this is square-enix montreal. I don't even know if they've made anything yet.

Nah. I'm fine with what's happening with a lot of industry stuff now, I can handle the predictable banter if more games like Absolution and Max Payne 3 are released. Me saying that must make your skin crawl.

Derrick01

Banned
Nah. I'm fine with what's happening with a lot of industry stuff now, I can handle the predictable banter if more games like Absolution and Max Payne 3 are released. Me saying that must make your skin crawl.

NI0gIGq.gif

But nope it doesn't. I've been dealing with people liking such horrible games for most of this generation. Thankfully Absolution bombed so there could be hope for the future still.

vidcons

Banned
Quoting for the new page. I love the idea, to be honest!

Just actually read this. Damn. I'm imagining some sort of system where, without any player's knowing, hitmen can drop into one another's games and compete for the same target. Some guy is setting up a bomb above a chandelier while another guy is in the rafters with a sniper rifle. Then DubsTepF4nxx911 runs up and tosses a knife.

Hunting other hitmen while hunting targets.

My vision.

pEace. Love. Videogames.

MG310

Man, that cop uniform is going to be useless. ;)

The idea sounds cool at least...as long as they fix instinct mode. There's a lot of asynchronous multiplayer opportunities with the pretty well done scoring system from Absolution as well. Head to Head stuff would be fun too - someone can always run up and just shoot the target in the head but you get a way higher score if you do it with style.

Glass Rebel

Just actually read this. Damn. I'm imagining some sort of system where, without any player's knowing, hitmen can drop into one another's games and compete for the same target. Some guy is setting up a bomb above a chandelier while another guy is in the rafters with a sniper rifle. Then DubsTepF4nxx911 runs up and tosses a knife.

Hunting other hitmen while hunting targets.

My vision.

pEace. Love. Videogames.

Hitman x Dark Souls

The best worst idea or the worst best idea.

MormaPope

Banned
Man, that cop uniform is going to be useless. ;)

I want some Mission Impossible in my Hitman, let the player have one mask kit where if you put a mask over a dead or subdued person's face it'll get an imprint of their face. 47 puts the mask on and boom, you are completely disguised.

stn

I know people like to poke fun at Derrick but I agree with him. Absolution was solid (playing it at the moment) but I can already see that the previous games are better than it.

All I want with this new game is Blood Money with improved graphics and interactions. I also want 47 in this, its just not Hitman without him!

Sn4ke_911

I know people like to poke fun at Derrick but I agree with him. Absolution was solid (playing it at the moment) but I can already see that the previous games are better than it.

All I want with this new game is Blood Money with improved graphics and interactions. I also want 47 in this, its just not Hitman without him!

Then you can't agree with him.

kuroshiki

After Absolution I don't even care what they do to this franchise anymore. It's considered dead now. Fuck it make it open world for all I care.

:lol

Hitman Absolution is the best hitman game I ever played. (I only played this and blood money. =P)

Bring more, SE. Bring more.

MormaPope

Banned
Was Hitman Absolution any good?

It's a great stealth game, but not a Hitman game at it's core.

I'm alright with the fact that the old Hitman's may be dead forever, I've had my fill of all of them for so long that I really don't want to revisit that exact style of gameplay.

It's a great stealth game, but not a Hitman game at it's core.

I'm alright with the fact that the old Hitman's may be dead forever, I've had my fill of all of them for so long that I really don't want to revisit that exact style of gameplay.

it's not a great stealth game...it's a great trial and error game. The AI is stupid, the mechanics suck...great my ass.

Derrick01

Banned
Fucking awesome game.

No. Serious. Probably one of the better stealth game I played in this gen.

Well that's misleading as hell. There's only been 2 stealth games all generation. Blood Money and Mark of the Ninja. Hitman Absolution is another hybrid stealth game and it fails completely due to its broken disguise system and bad linear level design.

kuroshiki

Well that's misleading as hell. There's only been 2 stealth games all generation. Blood Money and Mark of the Ninja. Hitman Absolution is another hybrid stealth game and it fails completely due to its broken disguise system and bad linear level design.

WTF. I'm pretty sure I played Splinter Cell conviction and metal gear solid peace walker this gen. I agree disguise system is pretty much useless (I never use them anyway) but execution and game design of multiple different way of assassination was great.

WTF. I'm pretty sure I played Splinter Cell conviction and metal gear solid peace walker this gen. I agree disguise system is pretty much useless (I never use them anyway) but execution and game design of multiple different way of assassination was great.

then i have no idea how you think this is superior to Blood Money

Derrick01

Banned
splinter cell conviction...a stealth game? I'm going to have to leave this thread before all the new gen gamers give me a stroke.

Top Bottom