• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't think we did for Pre-Brawl leaks. That's why Snake debut was hugely shocking NEWS EVER!

I swear I recall Pit and Wario being rumored before the trailer appeared, but maybe that was when the trailer had first aired and only people at E3 had seen it with people online only having text rumors.

But there was a lot of rumblings about Pit and Kid Icarus even before Brawl, though, so maybe a coincidence.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I swear I recall Pit and Wario being rumored before the trailer appeared, but maybe that was when the trailer had first aired and only people at E3 had seen it with people online only having text rumors.

But there was a lot of rumblings about Pit and Kid Icarus even before Brawl, though, so maybe a coincidence.

Pit and Wario have been rumored ever since Melee but yeah, you got good point there.

Tyeforce

Before the big reveal on Tuesday, I wanna post my StreetPass group's Smash Polls here one last time. All of our polls have been posted now. They're on Facebook, so you have to have a Facebook account to vote, but here are the polls if anyone's interested. Write-ins are allowed by choosing "Other" and specifying your choice in the comments, too! (You can vote for "None" in each poll, as well.)

Visit this page to view all the polls, or click on the images below:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/streetpass-arizona/streetpass-arizona-smash-polls/488861604514584

I'm really curious to see how the results match up with what's revealed. And so far many of the results from these polls differ quite a bit from some of the other Smash Bros. polls out there. I'm guessing it's because of the more casual audience?

Watch Da Birdie

I had these two screengrabs saved, anyone have any more?

Calamity:
http://imgur.com/ZJdVgBo

This one...is kind of weird? It sounds releasitic now that we know an E3 trailer will be shown during the Direct, and none of the choices are that out there bar Tharja, but if it is the opening of the game, it's weird we see Mewtwo, who'd probably be secret, and only a handful of veterans when you think there'd be way more appearing in the opening. Plus, the Japanese title is also "Calamity", when in the past they use different titles that have been letters (X and DX)

Full Force:
http://imgur.com/CSl1sIG

Pretty in-depth and detailed, perhaps too detailed, with some weird ideas...the biggest which is a completely new character from a yet-confirmed game. Does that even fit what Retro is supposed to be working on? Sounds exciting though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Calamity:

This one...is kind of weird? It sounds releasitic now that we know an E3 trailer will be shown during the Direct, and none of the choices are that out there bar Tharja, but if it is the opening of the game, it's weird we see Mewtwo, who'd probably be secret, and only a handful of veterans when you think there'd be way more appearing in the opening. Plus, the Japanese title is also "Calamity", when in the past they use different titles that have been letters (X and DX)

Full Force:

Pretty in-depth and detailed, perhaps too detailed, with some weird ideas...the biggest which is a completely new character from a yet-confirmed game. Does that even fit what Retro is supposed to be working on? Sounds exciting though.

I'm scared of both :lol

Calamity:

Full Force:

Yeah Calamity sounds like one of those "Look at me my dad works at Nintendo" type rumors you're always hearing. Very grounded and believable.

Full Force, I have to say excites me, and if it's fake (most likely), I have to hand it to the guy for fabricating such a richly detailed story. I'd love to see all that. The one give away? The Power Glove. There's no way. It's not an actual Nintendo product, but Mattel. I really don't see Nintendo going through the trouble of using its likeness that only US fans would really get.

What kamiya has to say about Bayonetta in smash 4.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/342659881695858689

Ahaha, man what a nut.

No. But I'd take her over Waluigi or Daisy.

I like Rosalina, she's like Peach + Zelda, but I think Waluigi or Daisy could bring more to the table with gameplay based off the various spinoffs.

Watch Da Birdie

Wikipedia said:
The Power Glove was originally released in 1989.[1] Though it was an officially licensed product, Nintendo was not involved in the design or release of this accessory

Does that mean they could use it?

Maybe it's a pastiche of the Power Glove and not the actual one, though?

Ryce

Major Nintendo leaks don't come until a game has entered QA and all the dirty testers (kidding!) get their hands on it. The developers actually working on the game have a respect for the project and for all the other people involved. A nondisclosure agreement is the only thing keeping a tester from spilling the goods -- there's no real emotional attachment for them.

In summary, none of the Smash Bros. 4 leaks are even remotely legitimate.

Watch Da Birdie

Major Nintendo leaks don't come until a game has entered QA and all the dirty testers (kidding!) get their hands on it. The developers actually working on the game have a respect for the project and for all the other people involved. A nondisclosure agreement is the only thing keeping a tester from spilling the goods -- there's no real emotional attachment for them.

In summary, none of the Smash Bros. 4 leaks are even remotely legitimate.

These sound like someone who has seen a trailer more so than actually working on the game. I don't believe them either, but that could logically happen, right?

Thores

Another detail that makes me extra-skeptical of the Full Force details: Luigi in the trailer. His being unlockable is a staple of the series, and Sakurai doesn't reveal secret characters until the game is already out (third parties aside). Certainly not in the debut trailer.

Watch Da Birdie

Another detail that makes me extra-skeptical of the Full Force details: Luigi in the trailer. His being unlockable is a staple of the series, and Sakurai doesn't reveal secret characters until the game is already out (third parties aside). Certainly not in the debut trailer.

Perhaps, but with it being the Year of Luigi, I actually thought him getting focus like that seemed like something they might do.

The "Full Force" leak has way too many gameplay details for somebody who might have seen a trailer.
I guess your right. Some parts sound pretty vague like he doesn't have an idea about how things are, but others do seem a bit too detailed.

I don't think it's actually been explicitly confirmed that Nintendo owns The Wonderful 101, it's just kind of assumed because that's how it goes with publishers and developers.

Go back to Soul Calibuh 5, bro.

But you can't make Soul Calibur V characters fat enough to be Enzo!

3797579510_492f4bbcd9.jpg

On a semi-related note, I hope Kiefer Snakerland makes it into Smash 4. He could gore people with his hook hand for physical attacks!

Shorts

Neo Member
Thought I'd drop this off with you guys. My poll has reached 1000 votes, so I thought I'd share the results with you guys.

The COMPLETE RESULTS SHEET

Just the top newcomers:

God Tier
· Mewtwo 688
· Megaman 605

Top Tier
· Ridley 538
· King K. Rool 527

High Tier
· Roy 486
· Little Mac (Punch Out) 452
· Palutena 402

Mid Tier
· Bowser Junior 379
· Krystal 368
· Isaac (Golden Sun)365
· Paper Mario 357
· Chrom 331
· Waluigi 330
· Shulk (Xenoblade) 330
· Banjo & Kazooie 307

Low Tier
· Dixie Kong 299
· Majora (Skull Kid) 289
· Ghirahim 269
· Samurai Goroh 269
· Black Shadow 258
· Bomberman 257
· Lyn 249
· Pac-Man 246
· 2nd Sonic Character (Tails, Shadow, Knuckles) 243
· 6th Gen Pokemon 237
· Lucina 226
· Mii (Wii Series) 224
· Bayonetta 223
· Rayman 216
· Toad 215
· Super Mario RPG (Geno, Mallow) 211
· Dark Samus 206
· Doctor Mario 201

Bottom Tier
· Takamaru (The Mysterious Musasame Castle) 197
· Castlevania (Simon Belmont, Alucard, Dracula) 194
· Kingdom Hearts (Sora) 194
· Balloon Fighter 193
· Medusa 191
· Pokemon Trainer (Johto) 190
· Zoroark 190
· Saki (Sin & Punishment) 189
· Rosalina 184
· King Boo 182
· Kamek 181
· Eevee (and Eeveelutions) 177
· Ace Attorney (Phoenix Write) 174
· Tom Nook (Animal Crossing 173
· Toon Zelda 170
· Viewtiful Joe 170
· Claus (Masked Man) 167
· Dillon (Rolling Western) 167
· Crono Trigger (Crono) 167
· Pokemon Trainer (Hoenn) 166
· Vaati 165
· Anna 165
· Captain Syrup 160
· Final Fantasy (Chocobo, Black Mage, Moogle, Cloud, Lightning) 159
· Ashley 155
· Professor Layton 154
· Midna 153
· Shy Guy 152
· Tetra 151
· Ray MK (Custom Robo) 151

Honerable Mentions
· Tales Series (Cless/Cress, Lloyd) 148
· Young Link 147
· Baby Mario & Luigi 145
· Mona 144
· No More Hereos (Travis Touchdown) 144
· Dark Pit 143
· Wolf Link 142
· Pokemon Trainer (Kalos) 142

GamerSoul

It's interesting seeing a lot of characters that were wanted during Brawl's still pretty high.

But you can't make Soul Calibur V characters fat enough to be Enzo!

3797579510_492f4bbcd9.jpg

On a semi-related note, I hope Kiefer Snakerland makes it into Smash 4. He could gore people with his hook hand for physical attacks!

My bad, I thought you were talking about the dude from Assassin's Creed >.> Bayonetta would be satisfying enough, imo.

Calamity:

Full Force:

Calamity is obvious bullshit but Full Force while probably fake sounds fun. I like the idea that Mac would have Doc Louis cheering him on in the background, could probably have a healing or power-up move where Doc psyches him up if nobody else is too close.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Calamity is obvious bullshit but Full Force while probably fake sounds fun. I like the idea that Mac would have Doc Louis cheering him on in the background, could probably have a healing or power-up move where Doc psyches him up if nobody else is too close.

Yeah, I'm not sure about Jill being playable character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Man that other thread sure became Smash community 2.0

I wish my thread would become Smash COmmunity 2.0 since it need to be constantly bumped so people can get involved. Anyway, it's good to get familiar with Non-Community Smashers so we have to get along for long ride. :p

Yeah, I'm not sure about Jill being playable character.
I'd like Jill to be playable :(

But she literally only has one game and it bombed horribly. Even if SSB4 has more of a mix of secondary characters for pre-existing franchises and new franchise reps, Jill Dozer's probably way behind much bigger franchises like Mac, Takamaru, Shulk and even Dillon.

I'm curious about how you all feel about the "Final Smash" moves, I didn't really care for them but my friends and I made sure to try them all out. I didn't play nearly as much Brawl as I played Melee but are they a big thing people enjoyed in that game? I still enjoyed them more than that 3 part dragon thing you needed to collect.
I think the Final Smash moves should be well... more "final". DK's Final Smash was virtually useless.

I think the Final Smash moves should be well... more "final". DK's Final Smash was virtually useless.

Maybe everyone can get three final smashes, one more 4-player oriented (DK, Olimar, Jigglypuff), single target (Link, Marth, Metaknight), and one transformation (Sonic, Bowser, Wario).

Used like B-button specials.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom