• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally decided to try my hand at a realistic roster prediction and I must say I'm pretty pleased by it. I just kept seeing your advertisements for it, Heath... and couldn't resist. Should be fun for us all a year or so from now, to see who was closest. Great idea you had for a contest!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Finally decided to try my hand at a realistic roster prediction and I must say I'm pretty pleased by it. I just kept seeing your advertisements for it, Heath... and couldn't resist. Should be fun for us all a year or so from now, to see who was closest. Great idea you had for a contest!

Awesome. I hope so. I have a feeling that this contest will give us a year of roller coaster ride through a lot of emotion moments for us. BITTER, SALTY, UPSET, MAD, HAPPY, SAD, MINDBLOWN, AND MANY MORE.

Only two more days to go for deadline then thread will get locked and I will make a new thread for prediction discussion.

Awesome. I hope so. I have a feeling that this contest will give us a year of roller coaster ride through a lot of emotion moments for us. BITTER, SALTY, UPSET, MAD, HAPPY, SAD, MINDBLOWN, AND MANY MORE.

Only two more days to go for deadline then thread will get locked and I will make a new thread for prediction discussion.

SMUGNESS in my case :>

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm resisting the hype but supporting it at same time so I'm going to unleash my hype on Sunday if I can contained it for next two days.

Just a thought; what if the "level up" system in the 3DS version was something like Sonic Racing Transformed where gaining exp just unlocks alternate, but balanced "stat sets" that still fall in line with the characters theme? I think that'd actually be pretty awesome.

I'd rather it be something more substantial if they're gonna go through the trouble to have customization in the first place.

Mods would be awesome, but only if they do awesome stuff. Like, there should be one for Pikachu that gives it Iron Tail from the anime so that any attack involving its tail kicks absolute ass.

1upmuffin

Just a thought; what if the "level up" system in the 3DS version was something like Sonic Racing Transformed where gaining exp just unlocks alternate, but balanced "stat sets" that still fall in line with the characters theme? I think that'd actually be pretty awesome.

I don't like the idea of stat sets for Smash Brothers characters, just seems... weird...

MAtgS

Looking back at weapon fusion in KIU & the stickers in Brawl's adventure mode, it's probably gonna be similar to those.

I wouldn't know, I haven't played a Sonic game for a while. I'm stuck on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Heh. :p
So you're still with Ryan Drummond, before the earlier voice switch!

Okay, so, like, as far as Sonic's voice goes, there were some scattered roles here and there in earlier games (like this totally inappropriate voice), to Ryan Drummond in Sonic Adventure through Sonic Heroes, to Jason Griffith (of 4Kids) from Shadow the Hedgehog through Sonic Unleashed (Brawl falls into this time frame), to Roger Craig Smith from Sonic Free Riders/Sonic Colors to present (presumably Smash 4 falls here). Japan's had Jun'ichi Kanemaru since Adventure, fairly consistently.

This isn't even counting things like Jaleel White for the Dic cartoons, or Martin Burke for the OVA.

Thanks for keeping me up-to-date Shadow Hog!

But yeah, its kind of crazy how voices went on for Sonic. I mean I knew of Jason, but it didn't bother me much because he sounded similar to Ryan, there was no big difference. But maaan, I do not like Roger's voice for Sonic. T-T

Kokonoe

Banned

But yeah, its kind of crazy how voices went on for Sonic. I mean I knew of Jason, but it didn't bother me much because he sounded similar to Ryan, there was no big difference. But maaan, I do not like Roger's voice for Sonic. T-T

I can deal with Roger, but I do admit he's kind of odd sounding for Sonic.

I think Jason Griffith really improved dramatically over the years, and I loved his voice in Brawl.

I hear people say this, but really? No big difference?

To me, Griffith sounds as different from Drummond as Smith does from Griffith. Not that I care, though. I like all three.

Gattuso

I liked all the voices for sonic but Jason was really good in the last few games he did.
The calm before the storm. Only a weekend and a day to do, and I am hyped as hell. :3
I am too, but at least I have a party to go and a late money gift to keep me busy.

To me, Griffith sounds as different from Drummond as Smith does from Griffith. Not that I care, though. I like all three.

Hmm. I guess I never payed attention, or the fact that no background music being heard helped it out. I do like Jason more. But I still say SA2:B has the best voice cast. XP

All I care about is Knuckles. ;D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
3 MORE DAYS!

i8C3cf4hlzIec.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, I would like to warn everyone who haven't got involved with contest.

41 MORE HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE SO BETTER HURRY UP AND GO AHEAD TO POST YOUR PREDICTION LIST!

TheGannondork

Neo Member
3 days! I'm so hyped, I'm setting my hopes low if they ditch tripping it'll be a good day. I am trying to keep myself in check so as to not be disappointed.

Same here. I would have said the only thing that would be disappointing would be still screen shots, but we know that's not happening. I'm still gunning for something like the first Brawl trailer, a few newcomers mixing it up with the veterans, a good peek at the stages and graphics with a crazy surprise at the end.

I've got a crazy work schedule and I'll actually be working Monday night/Tuesday morning, after that I'm off until Friday. Good thing too, because I'll probably be to excited to sleep after seeing the NintendoDirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom