• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 10 |OT| Google's 10-inch tablet developed by Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the confirmation that my N10 has been shipped. A few people on another forum have had them delivered in 24 hours so fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow. Hopefully everyone else's is shipped soon so we can get this thread moving. Good luck.

BFIB

Just got the confirmation that my N10 has been shipped. A few people on another forum have had them delivered in 24 hours so fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow. Hopefully everyone else's is shipped soon so we can get this thread moving. Good luck.

Can't wait to hear your impressions. I'm still riding the fence, GAF impressions may put me over.

Had Wal-Mart had it in stock yesterday, I probably would have bit the bullet for sure.

Jeff-DSA

Mine haven't shipped yet, but I'm hoping for a confirmation today still. If it ships today, I should still have it for the weekend. I'd really like to have a couple of days playing with it and tinkering with settings and apps before taking it to work.

Trouble

Banned
So are there any options besides the play store and Walmart? I'm ready to order a 32GB right now.

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

liezryou

A staples employee just told me (after calling many countless walmarts and staples) that because of their failed nexus 7 launch they will only be doing online orders for now, you will not see the nexus 10 in retail stores for a while.

RuGalz

Still no shipment update for mine yet, I'm ready to go down the street and bash open their storage room, wherever that is. Still hoping it will be shipped today and arrive tomorrow.

Got it and its charging now. I always like to fully charge something before using something for the first time.

I thought it looked good it shots but it looks even nicer in person. It's a tiny bit heavier than I was expecting but I don't have a great deal of experience with tablets. Fancy charger as well but it's bloody massive.

Would you say Plume is the best twitter app? Amy other essentials you guys would suggest?

Got it and its charging now. I always like to fully charge something before using something for the first time.

I thought it looked good it shots but it looks even nicer in person. It's a tiny bit heavier than I was expecting but I don't have a great deal of experience with tablets. Fancy charger as well but it's bloody massive.

Would you say Plume is the best twitter app? Amy other essentials you guys would suggest?

Should have done a youtube unboxing/walkthrough :)

Replicant

Would you mind taking some pics at least? I want to know what it really looks like IRL as opposed to in promo pics.

Fancy charger as well but it's bloody massive.

So it comes with a non-usb charger?
I think CNET said that it charges very slowly through USB, but they didn't mention if it would come with another charger.

EDIT: Just watched the un-boxing video. Looks like it only comes with a USB charger. Not a big deal for me since I usually charge gadgets overnight, but I would still like to get a dock/charger once one becomes available. (Hopefully faster than the Nexus 7, which still doesn't have one)

CNET mentions an official magnetic Pogo charger in the review, but doesn't say when it will be released.

RuGalz

So it comes with a non-usb charger?
I think CNET said that it charges very slowly through USB, but they didn't mention if it would come with another charger.

EDIT: Just watched the un-boxing video. Looks like it only comes with a USB charger. Not a big deal for me since I usually charge gadgets overnight, but I would still like to get a dock/charger once one becomes available. (Hopefully faster than the Nexus 7, which still doesn't have one)

CNET mentions an official magnetic Pogo charger in the review, but doesn't say when it will be released.

Ugh, USB charger? That's annoying... Meaning I can't use USB OTG while charging.

Jeff-DSA

Ugh, USB charger? That's annoying... Meaning I can't use USB OTG while charging.

I'd rather have a standard charger and deal with lack of USB OTG while charging than have to deal with a proprietary charger. I always hated having a proprietary charger on my Xoom.

wait... so you WANT a proprietary charger?

Of course I love the option to charge with the USB port if I need to, but I want there to be an accessory that let me dock the tablet, charge it, AND let me use the USB port for other things (maybe even give me an extra USB port or two).

Good thing is that the Nexus lets you do both, so it's a non-issue for fans of USB charging! I just want a proprietary one for quick charges when I need it or for use in a dock like I mentioned.

Love the device and the screen really is as sharp as the marketing would have you believe. Most websites I've gone to have scaled pretty well the the resolution and screen size

I'm really pissed off though cause there is a highly noticeable patch of white light in the bottom right corner of the screen whenever there is black on the screen and because the navigation bar is always usually visible it's always bloody there. Does anyone know what google are like for replacements?

Also if you you have any questions please ask

BFIB

Google was pretty good on the N7's initial batch returns. I'd go ahead and contact them for a replacement.

Websites were one issue I was wondering about, since I'm not sure how the web sites scale regarding the resolution.

The other question I had was how comics looked, if you read them? If you don't mind, comiXology has a great app and some free comics, so some impressions on that end would be great.

Google was pretty good on the N7's initial batch returns. I'd go ahead and contact them for a replacement.

Websites were one issue I was wondering about, since I'm not sure how the web sites scale regarding the resolution.

The other question I had was how comics looked, if you read them? If you don't mind, comiXology has a great app and some free comics, so some impressions on that end would be great.

I'll download now and have a gander

So I checked my credit card online and Google took out their money on the 13th, but on the Wallet page it still says pending? Could have sworn when I ordered it said they'd only charge your card when it shipped out. What a mess.

BFIB

So I checked my credit card online and Google took out their money on the 13th, but on the Wallet page it still says pending? Could have sworn when I ordered it said they'd only charge your card when it shipped out. What a mess.

Don't be surprised if your item shows up without updated shipping information. Happened to a friend of mine who ordered the N7 at launch.

Jeff-DSA

Probably just a hold or a pending charge. It won't actually charge until shipping and the confirmation is sent.

Mine still says that it's estimated shipping date is November 15. The time is slipping away, so put it in the shipping pickup box, Google.

The downloading is very spotty on the comiXology app. I've been loading videos and web pages in no time at all. Finally managed to download the first issue of the walking dead. Black and white but it looks pretty sharp. Well until you really zoom in. Just got the first issue of max Payne as well. That looks really sharp too. No need to zoom in on individual panals to read the text either.

I'm really happy I went for a 10 inch tablet rather than 7.

BFIB

The downloading is very spotty on the comiXology app. I've been loading videos and web pages in no time at all. Finally managed to download the first issue of the walking dead. Black and white but it looks pretty sharp. Well until you really zoom in. Just got the first issue of max Payne as well. That looks really sharp too. No need to zoom in on individual panals to read the text either.

I'm really happy I went for a 10 inch tablet rather than 7.

Crap. Want rising.
Thanks for the impressions! I might go the Wal-Mart route since the return policy has been expanded until January.

For a battery reference I have been using it non stop for about 4 and a half hours with the screen at max brightness and downloading various things, watching videos and generally browsing and it is only just now hitting 10% battery left

Cipherr

Happened in the past to me. Its going to arrive at your door before they even email you to tell you it shipped. Their system is all crazy and screwed up. Its just the preliminary hold on the cash in your account, depending on how long your bank waits for the actual pull, you may see the money come OFF of hold and back onto your balance before Google gets around to actually really charging you. Insane.

Ultimatum

Banned
Are they releasing a dock for this any time soon? I'd be interested in buying one

Also, how is the Nexus 10 for reading magazines, books, and manga/comics?

Are they releasing a dock for this any time soon? I'd be interested in buying one

Also, how is the Nexus 10 for reading magazines, books, and manga/comics?

Text is so clear that you'll be amazed that its digital and not paper.

I haven't tried magazines. Comics look good but I have no experience of them on tablets so a more discerning reader might see things that I haven't.

Jeff-DSA

Sounds great. I'm not a comic reader, but I'll grab an occasional issue here and there. Excited to see if this has me reading more. I'll definitely appreciate books more than I did with my Xoom.

Text is so clear that you'll be amazed that its digital and not paper.

I haven't tried magazines. Comics look good but I have no experience of them on tablets so a more discerning reader might see things that I haven't.

it's official(as if it wasn't already). getting this tablet.

as soon as I see it at walmart. 1 crazy pill short of selling my laptop for it lol.

bede-x

Finally managed to download the first issue of the walking dead. Black and white but it looks pretty sharp. Well until you really zoom in. Just got the first issue of max Payne as well. That looks really sharp too. No need to zoom in on individual panals to read the text either.

How fast can you flip through pages? Does it take time to bring up the page if you try to flick through ten pages in a row quickly?

For a battery reference I have been using it non stop for about 4 and a half hours with the screen at max brightness and downloading various things, watching videos and generally browsing and it is only just now hitting 10% battery left

That actually sounds low.

popeutlal

When is this thing hitting retail stores? Since it looks like atom win 8 tablets will never come out, might as well go for this.

How fast can you flip through pages? Does it take time to bring up the page if you try to flick through ten pages in a row quickly?

I am in work now but I was flicking through max payne last night and there wasn't one second of loading. I'll go at it heavy duty tonight to see how it fares. The screen does feel like a perfect size for comics and magazines. I wish the interactive Edge app was available on android.

RuGalz

Finally got my shipping notification. Looks like they were shipped out yesterday. Out for delivery today, woot!

Jeff-DSA

I woke up this morning to find the shipping notification. Not feeling too confident for a Saturday delivery, so I'll probably have it Monday. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom