• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 10 |OT| Google's 10-inch tablet developed by Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuGalz

Had it at checkout and selected shipping address and accidentally hit refresh, doh! Back to error... $15 shipping is annoying though

Jeff-DSA

Crap.

kTRgQ.png

I guess I accidentally got two ordered through all the errors. That's from my checking account online statement.

derder

I called our local Wal-Mart and actually got someone on the line who knows about the product. He looked up the SKU, and said they are scheduled to receive 2 today, both 32GB models. He saw nothing on the 16GB, and did not see any other deliveries scheduled for this week.

I tried another Wal-Mart thats about 25 minutes away, and actually got the Wal-Mart answer I expect. He had no clue what to look for, since he works in the pets department and the employee that works electronics quit this morning.

Do you know what the SKU is? Would you mind calling back the first store to figure that out?

Jeff-DSA

No order confirmation emails yet?

Nope. In fact, I never completed the checkout process with a success page or anything like that. It just locked up on the Google Wallet checkout screen with all the final details and the buy button. I clicked that, errored out. I went through the process again, and didn't get an error, it's just been frozen there for 10 minutes. Both charges went through though.

Jeff-DSA

Gah, both are showing up in my Google Wallet history now. I guess that means Google has definitely recorded my transactions. I'm bugged that I don't have a confirmation email though. The Play Store must be getting so bent over with the rush to get all 3 devices. They really should have done the Nexus 4 yesterday, the Nexus 10 today, and updated Nexus 7s tomorrow.

Jeff-DSA

Just got confirmation for two orders. Well, two is better than none, I guess.

My dad gave me money to pick up a 16GB for my mom, but it looks like she just got an upgrade. I'll be bugging my dad for an extra $100 later today.

BFIB

Do you know what the SKU is? Would you mind calling back the first store to figure that out?

I called back, but the employee said he was unable to provide the SKU. Said they had not received their delivery yet either.

RuGalz

I'm starting to wonder if 16g is only going to be available through Google and everyone else will carry only 32g...

derder

Added the 16GB to my cart and backed out. I'm sooooo tempted to buy this, but it's just the frenzy of something new from google....

BFIB

I'm starting to wonder if 16g is only going to be available through Google and everyone else will carry only 32g...

That's my guess, though unlike the Nexus 7, $499 might be over that "impulse buy" phase in B&M stores. I would think the $399 model would be perfect when put side by side with the iPad.

I sadly lack the monies currently to purchase one. I also still don't know whether to go for 16GB or 32GB. I honestly feel the 32GB is better, but $100 extra is a lot.

On the plus side, however, I can layaway at Walmart and then return the purchase if I'm unsatisfied and just get a Nexus 7.

Jeff-DSA

I would have preferred a retail purchase, but Nexus 7s were fairly tough to find around here. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got the last one in my area, and while I was checking out two people asked about them.

I don't know that the Nexus 10 will sell as easily at retail, but I'd rather not chase it around if I don't have to.

Trouble

Banned
Well, shit. 32GB not available online. Tempted to go run around Walmarts this eve, but not sure I have it in me. Any other stores carrying them?

When should these start arriving to people that ordered them?
I'm really looking forward to everyone's impressions since I'm starting to get interested in a tablet to replace my aging Netbook.

BFIB

Anyone have any luck finding one in stores?

Might run out to Wal-Mart after work. I called and the employee said they still show 2 in stock.

derder

Well, shit. 32GB not available online. Tempted to go run around Walmarts this eve, but not sure I have it in me. Any other stores carrying them?

Call around, dude. You're going to spend $5 in gas for no reason.

Anyone have any luck finding one in stores?

Might run out to Wal-Mart after work. I called and the employee said they still show 2 in stock.

ahhhhh let me know the SKU when you get back.

Walmart gets their shipments in on Tuesdays (and Thursdays?) I believe, so we may not see them in full stock for a couple days or even a week...

Damn you Google!

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Debating between the 7 and the 10. Primary use will be in the house browsing and playing a few games here an there. Anyone with some advise?

tokkun

Debating between the 7 and the 10. Primary use will be in the house browsing and playing a few games here an there. Anyone with some advise?

Buy them both, use them a couple weeks, and return the one you like less?

That's what I was planning on doing.

I was interested in the 7 after all the good impressions and reviews, but when I tried it in a store I found that it wasn't really big enough for me. I love the build quality and the portability would be fantastic, but I just want something to replace my 10in netbook and I don't want to downgrade the screen size (even though 7's resolution is higher than my netbook, haha).

I also tried the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (which has similar looking hardware to the Nexus 10). It seemed like a better size for me and what I'm looking for out of a tablet. I'm curious about how good the speaker in on the Nexus 10 compared to my netbook. I use it for podcasts and music while I'm gaming.

I'm disappointed that the 7 or 10 don't have more accessories. I really would like a dock for either of them with USB or audio ports in it.

Jeff-DSA

Lack of accessories is bothersome for the Nexus tablets right now. If they're selling these at razor thin margins, it would be a good way to make back some money. Accessories are high margin products.

As for the speakers. I have read that they're quite good on the Nexus 10 and that the front facing setup is something you can't go away from once you've tried it.

I swear I've scoured every single tech and Android forum on the web, and I haven't found one single instance of someone locating a Nexus 10 in a B&M.

BFIB

Nemss from this thread seems to have gotten one.

Sadly, I did not.

I ran up after work, but when I got there, the display was empty. I asked the person working in electronics if they actually did receive them, he checked around and in the back, and said they did not. He did give me the SKU, which I posted last night.

The search continues!

RuGalz

The 32GB sold out. I got one for me and one for my mom, both 32GBs from the Play Store. I think there was a higher demand for the 32GBs overall.

Yea it's interesting that 32G has higher demand, or do they just have lower stock because they need to ship some of them to retail stores, who knows? I do hope the tablet is sold well enough that there will be more incentive to release more accessories.

Trouble

Banned
WTF google. The 32 GB had the notify me box yesterday, this morning it says sold out. Were they briefly actually selling it overnight?

tokkun

I swear I've scoured every single tech and Android forum on the web, and I haven't found one single instance of someone locating a Nexus 10 in a B&M.

Yeah, the only references I've been able to find are those stories from a few days ago about how someone saw a pallet in a back room at Walmart.

There is no good information on which stores will be selling it or when they will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom