• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

I liked this cover.

pVyQO.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Heh. Golic on M&M just read NFL rule 17, which says Goodell has the authority to change the outcome of a game determined by an "extraordinarily unfair act."

LOL at the idea that this EVER happens.

The only way I'd ever see them do this is if, in addition to a terrible call like this was made at the end of the game, they also found that the officials had bet on the game.

eznark

Banned
LOL at the idea that this EVER happens.

The only way I'd ever see them do this is if, in addition to a terrible call like this was made at the end of the game, they also found that the officials had bet on the game.

Yup, not a chance in hell they would open those gates of hell. Nor should they. Good lord that would destroy sports.

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Rule 17, Section 2 reads:

"The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game."

I assume refs would fall under "non-participant interference"?

"The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game."

Fans, more than likely.

alright guys, get those predictions ready for week 4:

CLE @ BAL - Cleveland doesn't have the offense to keep up with the Ravens. Their D will keep them in it for a half but this one will probably get ugly.

SD @ KC - This one will be close but I'll take the Chiefs at arrowhead. Give the ball to Charles 20-25 times, run some play action, and play solid D. Those are the keys to success.

SF @ NYJ - The best team in football versus the biggest major market joke in professional sports. I'll take the 49ers.

SEA @ STL - That defense is for real but Wilson has had his struggles passing the football. Seattle could barely get going against Green Bay's inept defense but somehow they find a way to win (thanks refs).

CAR @ ATL - Matty Ice is too cold, Newton can't be accurate with all those tears in his eyes after getting benched last week. Advantage, Falcons.

MIN @ DET - Depends on if Stafford plays, I'm guessing he won't. Even if he starts, I doubt he finishes.

NE @ BUF - This should be hilarious to watch

TEN @ HOU - The most balanced team in football, should win by 10+

CIN @ JAC - Dalton and Green are growing up before our eyes. Now if only the Bengals had a pash rush...

MIA @ ARI - Tannehill does just enough to win a close game on the road. The Cards can't go 4-0...can they?

OAK @ DEN - The battle of the washed up QB's. Peyton actually had talent to begin with so I'll take him and the Broncos.

WAS @ TB - Too much RGIII, Washington wins convincingly even with the defensive losses.

NO @ GB - I'm biased. I'll admit it.

NY @ PHI - Vick won't play the whole game.

CHI @ DAL - Bears melt down in 3, 2, 1...

eznark

Banned

1. It's not worth arguing about
2. "Calamity" allows for anything

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
The thing is, with that ending, nobody is talking about the bad, bad stuff throughout the game. I have no clue how nobody caught that kill shot Jennings took that resulted in double personal fouls.

And nobody mentioned what Rogers said after the game either, about the refs making them use the kicking ball for the 2-point conversion.

As a Lions fan, I can't believe the Pack got jobbed like that.

eznark

Banned
his first half play calling was madden-esque

He trusted Rodgers to play smart, Rodgers played terrible. McCarthy adjusted to it!

And nobody mentioned what Rogers said after the game either, about the refs making them use the kicking ball for the 2-point conversion.
Rodgers said that has happened often through the years, to be fair.

Packers have a tough schedule left but if they make the playoffs you have to feel confident.

Defense on its way back, Benson coming on, facing tough opponents. Should be experienced come January.

Big game on Sunday.

eznark

Banned
Packers have a tough schedule left but if they make the playoffs you have to feel confident.

Defense on its way back, Benson coming on, facing tough opponents. Should be experienced come January.

Big game on Sunday.

Thankfully they play in the NFC North so they only need four or five more wins to take the division.

bionic77

Thoughts on last nights game.

Jon Gruden's reactions to everything was perhaps the best/worst job an announcer has ever done. Gruden is obviously a little bit retarded and the product of some kind of injury to his head/brain early in life. Normally he does not pay attention to what is going on the field but just looks for player he knows or has interviewed so he can make intelligent comments (for someone with condition) like that is a football player, or this is a quarterback. Gruden will then trail off and talk about an interview or experience he had with the player in question. Last night was a legendary performance though. Literally on every call Gruden was complaining about the refs. Whether they got it right or not he didn't give a fuck. When he thought it was wrong he would stumble around the rule to sometimes get corrected.

His reaction to the last play was pretty epic. Granted I think it was worthy of an epic reaction, I mean I fucking lost it when I saw the two refs give two different signals regarding the possible TD catch. And then the salt displayed by the Packers in walking off which was simultaneous to the Seahawks and their fans kind of celebrating but not really knowing what the fuck went on.

It was one of the most entertaining football games (from a comedic perspective, the actual game was garbage as are both of the teams on the field) that I have ever seen.

Thank you NFL and especially to Roger Goodell, because without his incompetence and greed we never would have seen that magical display on Monday Night or this past weekend.

Big game on Sunday.
Our offensive line is terrible, Aaron holds the ball too long, nobody can run the football, the recievers are soft if you play physical, and the defense has been a constant liability.

Even if we make the playoffs, I bet its a 1 and done type of year.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Thankfully they play in the NFC North so they only need four or five more wins to take the division.
God. I can live with the Packers winning the division if the Lions continue to underwhelm...but if I have to deal with Godawful, stupid ignorant Bears fans, breathing sausage breath about how great Jay Cutler is and the defense being like the 85 team, I'm going to spaz. They're already ignoring their beat down against GB and saying wins vs Indy and STL make them best in division. Ugh.

Need to move away from Chicago, haha.

Bowser

BTW, how come no one's talking about that fraud and thug Erron shoving a camera man?!

I think the man has clear leadership issues.

Top Bottom