• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Seda

In a nutshell:

untitled-2zvl69.gif

untitled-3ovcmd.gif

untitled-5u8uom.gif

untitled-68tdza.gif

cdyhybrid

What is the buzz locally about the offense? I was shocked every time you guys tried to throw. In the 2nd half in particular, the Rams couldn't stop your run game. And then all of the sudden a pass play comes in and it kills the drive. Very rare to see a team rush for 170 yards, not give up a defensive TD, and still lose

Glad to see that the locals have wised up on Wilson. Pete says Flynn is hurt, but who knows? For whatever reason, that never seemed like a true QB competition.

The general consensus after listening to the local sports radio station today is pretty much what I posted above. People are worried that the struggles of the offense will create a divide in the locker room. They don't want to just flush this year so a rookie QB can learn the game because there's no guarantee this defense will be the same next year.

I'm not saying Russell can't be a legit NFL QB, I'm just saying the current way they're handling the offense is a no-win situation. They're trying to limit the offense to mask Russell's inexperience but they aren't scoring enough points to win. They need to either open it up and live with Russell's mistakes (he's a smart guy so I'm not entirely convinced he'll go into the shitter) or sit him and let Flynn play.

If Flynn really is hurt then they're playing with fire because he's the only other QB on the roster. Pete said he's not necessarily hurt but his snaps are limited because they don't want the injury from camp flaring up again. They have him on a pitch count, he said.

Bevell is under some heat because he called a pass play on 3rd and 2 when Lynch was averaging what seemed like 8 yards per carry. If you're going to be conservative and take the ball out of Wilson's hands for the first 59 minutes, you can't expect to give him the keys in the last minute and expect him to win you the game.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Poor Romo. The guy really can't catch a break. It has to be frustrating playing with Dez seeing as his IQ appears to be below eighty.

Seda

How many of the ints were on Romo?

1st: Romo wanted Bryant to run a hitch, didn't happen.
2nd: Hit Ogletree's hands and popped up for an int.
3rd: Might be a fumble, but as Romo was getting sacked, shoveled it right into Brigg's hands, a TAINT.
4th and 5th were definitely on him, just threw bad passes into coverage.

bluemax

Banned
The coaches have officially botched the Russell Wilson experiment. If they were so concerned about him turning the ball over to limit the offense for him, they should have just started Matt Flynn and let Russell sit and learn for a year. If you're going to play him, you have to let him play and not hold his hand through it. He won't learn shit that way, and they're setting him up to fail.

Pete's basically flushing this year because he's too stubborn to admit that he shouldn't have started his favorite rookie QB. He wants to be the guy that was right about Russell when everyone else was wrong, and he's going to tank the offense if he has to. If they miss the playoffs and the offense continues to struggle like they have, Darrell Bevell should be fired at the very minimum. Pete has had miss after miss at QB in the pros and he would have had the same struggles at USC if he hadn't had guru OCs like Chow, Sark, and Kiffin. He better pray Russell works out because his job now depends on Russell's success.

He had the same issues at USC after Norm, Sark and Kiffin left. Pete is a terrible offensive coach and after all the praise Norm Chow got during the glory years, Pete has tried to cuckold his offensive coordinators so that they don't get the credit.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If scab era games count at all, then the only team Seattle has beaten this season is the Cowboys.

If they don't... well, that's not looking too great either.

By the grace of the fatcats who run the NFL, though, we have a 2-2 record!

Seda

If scab era games count at all, then the only team Seattle has beaten this season is the Cowboys.

If they don't... well, that's not looking too great either.

By the grace of the fatcats who run the NFL, though, we have a 2-2 record!

Looking forward to the Seahawks killing the Bears at Soldier for the 3rd straight time in the regular season.

Not until December though.

filler

Banned
I don't think the scabs could have handed my team a victory if they tried. Makes you wonder, just how bad are the steelers this year?

1st: Romo wanted Bryant to run a hitch, didn't happen.
2nd: Hit Ogletree's hands and popped up for an int.
3rd: Might be a fumble, but as Romo was getting sacked, shoveled it right into Brigg's hands, a TAINT.
4th and 5th were definitely on him, just threw bad passes into coverage.

According to Coach Ginger, those weren't really on Romo either since the bad play of the rest of the team put Romo into a position that he "had to press". This is the kind of mentality that leads to 1 playoff win in about 15 years.

cajunator

Banned
According to Coach Ginger, those weren't really on Romo either since the bad play of the rest of the team put Romo into a position that he "had to press". This is the kind of mentality that leads to 1 playoff win in about 15 years.

Brees has had to do nothing but press due to abysmal defense of the Saints and he's only thrown 5 picks in 4 games (including two that were pretty much hail marys), not one. I could see pressing causing a couple turnovers but 5?

eznark

Banned
As much of a dick as you guys are being to us Saints fans this season for some reason, Im happy your team is rubbing shit in the cowboys faces for all the garbage they spewed about you for the last decade or so.

It's no mystery. You root for and defend players ho paid each other to try and end the careers of guys we root for. Is it really that hard for you to get why your team is so despised? Doesn't help that even without the bounties they are still the filthiest team in the league.

I wonder if Romo is reconsidering his waiting for the season to end before he talks extension.

I laughed so hard when they said on Mike and Mike today that the Cowboys tried to resign him before the season started and Romo said no. He must have the worst agent on Earth.

Top Bottom