• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Beyonce is the Super Bowl half time performer? Ugh.

I like it!

Mike Holmgren out as Browns president, sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam to name Joe Banner as Mike Holmgren's replacement.

I like it!

The draft has panned out pretty well.

Weeden has finally given the Browns a passing threat, Richardson looks promising, Gordon was a nice pick in the supplemental draft, and their defense has a shot to be elite once everyone's back healthy.

I like it!

Banner will build them up well, manage the cap, and make some good moves but ultimately will limit the team because he cares far too much about accounting and the books.

I hate it.

Chili

He could have had RG3 and got cheap.

I thought Holmgren decided to accept the Rams proposal but by the time he called them back they had already accepted the Skins in principle and then he blamed Fisher and Shanahan being golfing buddies or something.

What a difference a few minutes could have made (I'm glad it didn't). Still, Weedon looks alright I guess and they keep their future picks.

Wes

venison crêpe
@TonyGrossi
#NFL GMs also at league meetings -- but not Tom Heckert of #Browns.

Looks like Heckert is out too and Shurmur will be evaluated at end of the season.

Such a pity. I like Heckert. Most of his few blown draft calls were down to Holmgren, not him. Otherwise I think he's been great.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Heckert wasn't at the meeting, so not as a shock it's probably safe to assume he'll most likely be let go as well end of the season.

I know this'll set everything back but for once if a regime change comes in it looks like it'll stick for longer than 2-3 seasons with an owner that looks like he actually gives a damn.

Ultratech

Great OP as usual.

Here my picks, though I'm fearful now due to the numerous upsets last week.

I also joined the new Survival. Hopefully that works out well...

SEA at SF - Surely SF can rebound from getting their asses kicked by the Giants.
ARI at MIN - Something, something, Vikebike...
DALat CAR - Looking at the rest of Dallas' schedule, they SHOULD be able to win this. Then again, they outperformed the Ravens last week and still managed to lose that game. Who knows?
NO at TB
GB at STL
WAS at NYG - I'd typically side with Washington here, but I think the Giants are likely gonna beat them down.
BAL at HOU - Can Houston prevent the Texans Cycle from reoccurring? I think yes.
TEN at BUF
CLE at IND
-----------
NYJ at NE - I'm not sure what to think if the Jets win this game. Is that possible??
JAC at OAK
PIT at CIN
DET at CHI

KingGondo

Banned
And to replace that you trade up 1 pick when nobody was gonna offer the vikes shit and you draft a qb you could have gotten in the 2nd in the first.
Trading up for Richardson was ill-advised, I agree.

But after Kendall Wright was drafted by Tennessee, the Browns were faced with not getting anybody except Richardson--hence the decision to just take Weeden in the first.

Holmgren signed his deathwish when he refused to trade up to draft RG3 when they could've easily done so considering all the picks they had, and instead went for Weeden.

Holmgren signed his death wish when he gave away high picks to the Vikings for a player they were never gonna take.

Personally, I could watch this all day:

Sanchez-is-scared-3.gif

Damn, looking back the Vikings draft was awesome this year.

Kalil is fantastic. He needs to work on run blocking a bit but beyond that he is amazing, oh and he blocked an extra point against the Jags.

Harrison Smith is great. He has been playing very good football so far, rookie mistakes pop up with him but he is a potential candidate for DROTY.

Blair Walsh is the GOAT kicker.

Rhett Elison is basically Kleinsasser 2.0 only faster.

Robert Blanton will be our other starting safety by next year.

We only wiffed on our 7th rounder. Everyone else is turning out for good depth.

RIP Greg Childs

Edit: Forgot about Robinson. He's pretty decent too.

bionic77

Not happy about that at all. I'm all about second chances but if Ta'amu will make that kind of stupid decision in the face of cops what kinda decision making does he have outside of it?
Easy for us to say that, but players, coaches and management often develop relationships with these guys that we never get to see.

Not that I think this guy is going to develop into anything but the Steelers have been around for a long fucking time and I think they have developed rules and policies for almost every scenario by now.

Easy for us to say that, but players, coaches and management often develop relationships with these guys that we never get to see.

Not that I think this guy is going to develop into anything but the Steelers have been around for a long fucking time and I think they have developed rules and policies for almost every scenario by now.

I think the policy is "We invested money in this idiot."

Same as it ever was for any other sports team. I'm just worried we'll be talking about this moron again next year, and not for his on the field play.

Whats their rape policy?

bionic77

The Bengals can really throw but their D sucks though. Stelers should win but I think it will be a close game.
Every game we play in has been close and we have lost 3 of them (out of 5). In one loss we could not convert to tie in Denver. Otherwise in the other two losses we lost because the other team got the ball last. Against the Eagles we won because we had the ball lost. We are due for another lucky ending but man what a shitty way to play this game.

Dude hasn't even dressed for a game. Just cut him, they need the roster room. Also, from what I understand, he had a DUI back in college but of course was let off the hook cause he was a football player. Obviously that didn't help him, don't think a two week suspension gets the point across either. Should be going to jail.

Dragon

Banned
Probably the same as the Eagles is for dog murder.

I don't think the situations are the same. But anyway this argument is fruitless, Steelers fans (besides bionic who'd give a free pass to anyone) seem to be in agreement that the dude should be released. It doesn't hurt that he sucks anyways.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rivers is Cutler without his mobility or his arm strength. Also without his good lucks!

Also, I can't believe Andy threw Juan under the bus. Yeah it's somehow the defenses fault when the offense keeps putting the defense back on the field all game long!

Think our Bears will handle the Lions with ease? I see an easy blowout for us Monday night. Our D will lock down Stafford and Megaman.

Cutler also throws for 4 tds.

Mrbob

Think our Bears will handle the Lions with ease? I see an easy blowout for us Monday night. Our D will lock down Stafford and Megaman.

Cutler also throws for 4 tds.

Lions fans puffing their chests after barely beating a broken and busted Eagles team.

Reality will return Monday night. Our Bears win EZ!

Also might be time for the return of the annual Fatford season ending injury at Soldier Field.

Seda

Bears run game will be nonexistant, Cutler will be forced to throw, get happy feet because the O-Line stinks, and poutface will be prevalent.

Det won't have a run game either, but Stafford will put up huge numbers against the Bears secondary that loves to give up 8-15 yard completions.

tmdorsey

As worried as I am about how the Falcons played in their last few wins, it still feels damn good to be able sit back this week and watch all these other teams battle knowing my team has 0 losses right now.
3AQmK.gif

And Congrats Ez on the new addition. Packer-Age is large enough so I'm willing to accept the little one into Falcon nation. ;P

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
d[-_-]b;43265726 said:
Kave_Man, maybe you can upgrade your receivers with this...
k22fI.gif

maybe even replace Greg Little?

How good is he at running slants?

Oh confirmed by Haslam, Holmgren retires end of year. Banner in October 25, and no other changes until end of season at earliest.

MOAR!

"Haslam referred to Holmgren as the de-facto owner under the previous regime." - Any Browns fan knew this thanks to Lerner being such a dweeb.

"At the end of the year we'll evaluate everyone in the organization" - Get shit on Shurmur.

bionic77

As worried as I am about how the Falcons played in their last few wins, it still feels damn good to be able sit back this week and watch all these other teams battle knowing my team has 0 losses right now.
3AQmK.gif

And Congrats Ez on the new addition. Packer-Age is large enough so I'm willing to accept the little one into Falcon nation. ;P
The Falcons totally seem like this years regular season champs that flame out at home in their first playoff game. At first I thought it might be the Niners but they are not even good enough to be regular season champs this year.

As weird as it sounds I think the Falcons would have been better off losing to the Raiders. Sometimes I feel like the only way to get the players to listen is a loss. No matter what the coaches are saying about improving individual play or changes in scheme I don't think you can really get through to the players unless it follows a loss.

RBH

nfl-pat-down.jpg

Police say they have arrested two people in connection with the stabbing on Sunday outside Candlestick Park before the Giants-49ers game, and they say it began with taunting a fan who was wearing a Cowboys jersey.

San Francisco Police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said a verbal altercation between a man in a Cowboys jersey and two 49ers fans turned physical, and that one of the 49ers fans, Kristopher Viana stabbed the fan in the Cowboys jersey and tried to stab two of his friends. Also arrested was Viana’s friend Alexandro Arguelles, who punched at least one person as the two of them ran off.

Both men are charged with assault with a deadly weapon. The stabbing victim’s injuries are not life-threatening.

The NFL’s security department has said that its increased safety measures — including metal detectors at every stadium — have made fans safer. In this case, the violence was outside the stadium, committed by fans who were apparently more interested in picking a fight with someone in another team’s jersey than they were in going inside to watch their team play.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ers-game-started-with-taunting-a-cowboys-fan/

Top Bottom