• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

His Twitter.

We are cutting Brown, yet Bethea hints that he's staying after playing like shit this year (his tackling was the only solid part of his game this yr). What's wrong with having Ballard, Brown, and Trent Truck?? Brown had a good year behind this shit line, and is still a pretty young player so there is room for improvement..

I guess since this is the Colts curse in full effect, he'll go to another team and flourish into a premier running back. Hard to believe our front office can still be this inept.. oh wait, not it isn't. Goddammit Donald :'(
Wow, he only had 100 carries but scored 6 TDs, averaged 5.3 ypc, and has never fumbled in the regular season. They are insane if they get rid of him. He is a UFA this offseason but I cant imagine him costing to much. This is a terrible move for the Colts.

You can take Gross off that list, he's said time and again he's either playing for Carolina next year or retiring. Not considering any other teams.

Gross is most likely to either resign with the Panthers or just retire
Gotcha, thanks. After the Clabo and McKinnie experiments I'm not too fond of the whole "bring in an aging veteran" idea anyway.

Outside of the Raiders I don't know if those players would want to leave their teams, I just saw this on my twitter too:

Lazor would also provide inside knowledge on LT Morgan Moses.
They might want to leave if the $ is right! That Lazor point is interesting.

In other Dolphins news, lolphins:

Four days ago the Dolphins asked and received permission to interview Philadelphia Eagles vice president of player personnel Tom Gamble. No interview was set, however.

And no interview is going to happen -- barring a stunning turn of events.

Gamble, considered among the league's best personnel men, has decided he won't interview for the Dolphins job because he is happy in his current role with the Eagles, isn't thrilled about the structure Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has outlined for his football operations, and is confident other opportunities will come along in the future.

Multiple sources familiar with Gamble's thinking say he wants the opportunity to be a general manager but wants the job when he has full power and authority over the roster and has the ability to make a decision over the head coach and other people in the organization.

The Dolphins GM will not have the power to decide the fate of head coach Joe Philbin or others within the organization. The GM, coach and others will report directly to Ross and not each other.

Gamble was apparently puzzled why the Dolphins were already searching for an offensive coordinator with no input from the GM. It should be noted the fallout between former GM Jeff Ireland and head coach Joe Philbin had its genesis in Ireland's distaste for offensive coordinator Mike Sherman's work.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...agles-vice-president-of-player-personnel.html

Nakazato

I've seen a few names floating around in various places, but most of them are probably pretty pie in the sky. I also have no idea how likely these guys are to resign with their team or anything like that so this list might be pretty stupid with some research:

Michael Oher – Ravens RT
Jordan Gross – Panthers LT
Jared Veldheer – Raiders LT
Branden Albert – Chiefs LT
Eugene Monroe – Ravens LT

Monroe will stay in Bmore. He is top priority according to our GM.

You can have Oher..... False Start Machine. Not so hot in Pass Pro or Run Blocking. Will make 4 mil a year tops

So word on twitter is that Lazor is keeping Philbins offense assistant staff in place, per his request...which means Turner our Oline coach keeps his job after the whole 58 sacks and martin/incognito scandal...ugh dolphins...

Good thing the dolphins need a whole new oline and not just LT.

Crisco

Banned
Gross ain't retiring, not when he knows that this team is ready to win now. Dude will only be 34 and he's in great shape/injury free coming off one of the best season's of his career. The Panthers best chance to have a deep playoff run is next year. Older players will be in the last productive year of their career and the younger ones will still be cheap. If we draft well and make good decisions in free agency, we're right up there near the top of the NFC again.

I've seen a few names floating around in various places, but most of them are probably pretty pie in the sky. I also have no idea how likely these guys are to resign with their team or anything like that so this list might be pretty stupid with some research:

Michael Oher – Ravens RT
Jordan Gross – Panthers LT
Jared Veldheer – Raiders LT
Branden Albert – Chiefs LT
Eugene Monroe – Ravens LT

No way Hulk is leaving. Raiders will tag him if they have to, but I'm thinking he gets something like 5 years 38 million to stay.

No way Hulk is leaving. Raiders will tag him if they have to, but I'm thinking he gets something like 5 years 38 million to stay.
Yeah, that one jumped out to me as ridiculous right away. Raiders have so much money to play with too, they'd be crazy to let him leave. He sure would look nice in aqua and orange, though...

Rats can't afford Monroe and Oher. Oher's gone because Monroe is a better LT than Oher is a RT.

The question is can the Dolphins do better? Oher is a mess with technique. Guarantee at least one false start a game.

Rats can't afford Monroe and Oher. Oher's gone because Monroe is a better LT than Oher is a RT.

The question is can the Dolphins do better? Oher is a mess with technique. Guarantee at least one false start a game.

I'd rather just draft, we have enough trouble staying out of our own way, we don't need to start drives on 1st and 15.

squicken

Kiper wasn't specifically mocking Manziel to HOU, just thinks they will take a QB

Analysis: I spoke to a number of high-ranking NFL evaluators this week, and this is the one QB anyone felt certain was a top-5 pick. So consider this an early bet, with one major caveat: Bill O'Brien just arrived, is still putting his staff together, knows a good QB when he sees one, and hasn't had enough time (if any) to study the draft class. But we know quarterback is a major need here. O'Brien likes a QB with presence, a leader and a guy who will out-prepare the competition. And while Manziel has gotten his share of bad press, he's a dynamic talent, and I feel he can lead at the next level; I'm not alone in that opinion. While Manziel is currently ranked No. 11 on my Big Board, this reflects the draft.

Manziel doesn't fit the old prototypes of a QB drafted No. 1, and I have concerns about how well he can protect himself given his smaller frame, but he is a magician on the field, and is made for the current NFL. This league protects and welcomes QBs who can improvise, run and make plays beyond the playbook. It's early, but Manziel is a special player and has the draft process to prove it further.

e: someone asked about Mack

Analysis: The Bucs are another team that must create more pressure to take advantage of the fact that they have a good defensive core in place to stop the run and make plays in the secondary. Mack gives Tampa a three-down linebacker who can rush the quarterback and drop and make plays in space. He could be plugged in across the formation from Lavonte David and won't need to come off the field. This could be a really good defense in 2014 for Lovie Smith.

MechDX

We lost our OC and DC...

Help

AndyDalton_StruggleFace.gif

Kiper wasn't specifically mocking Manziel to HOU, just thinks they will take a QB

e: someone asked about Mack

um.....
BeCV_JWCIAAfgO_.jpg:large

Yes he did.

I'd rather just draft, we have enough trouble staying out of our own way, we don't need to start drives on 1st and 15.
It all comes down to how well the new GM can evaluate o-line talent. Let's take a quick look at the past six years:

2013: OG/OT Dallas Thomas, 3rd round. Hasn't played a snap.
2012: OT Jonathan Martin, 2nd round. lol
2011: C Mike Pouncey, 1st round. Success!
2010: OG John Jerry, 3rd round. Started a lot of games but he's a below average talent.
2009: OT Andrew Gardner, 6th round. Who?
2008: OT Jake Long, 1st round. Good while it lasted. OG Shawn Murphy, 4th round. Eh. OG Donald Thomas, 6th round. Eh.

So for five years Ireland drafted one o-linemen per year. One of those has worked out pretty well. The new GM won't have to do much better for it to be an improvement...

Colasante

Wow, he only had 100 carries but scored 6 TDs, averaged 5.3 ypc, and has never fumbled in the regular season. They are insane if they get rid of him. He is a UFA this offseason but I cant imagine him costing to much. This is a terrible move for the Colts.

Why would the Colts resign Donald Brown? Running backs are so cheap and plentiful in the draft and there will be plenty of UDFAs with potential. I imagine more teams will be following the Patriots and Packers in drafting two RBs and letting them compete with a veteran. In addition to a potential rookie addition, the Colts have Ballard and Richardson. Easy decision to let Brown walk.

brentech

McAdoo as the new OC. Mike Pope gone...

We're signing Jermichael Finley aren't we? *barf*

as we noted before the injury, the guy seemed to have matured. or rededicated himself. Whether it was a one time thing for contract or the new him, who knows, but he played a lot better this year.

If he's able to play, I wouldn't mind him back on the team, but I don't think we can afford it considering everything else the Packers need to fix, he's probably the best money spent for us.

Well, in regards to Donald Brown, I don't mind getting rid of him. I would have liked to have kept him, but have trouble falling in love with a guy who decides to perform like he did in a contract year when he's been in the league since 2009.

THAT SAID, I hope this means Vick Ballard is healthy. I understand and agree with giving Trent Truck a full offseason with the team and a full year to show his worth, but I saw absolutely nothing this year. He had two runs in the post season that were magically bad. The Browns of all teams gave us the ole hand banana on that trade. Worst RB I've seen. Would rather have Kenton Keith.

I wouldn't be heartbroken to see Bethea go. I'd love to see Landry cut, but he's safe. Satele and McGlynn HAVE to go, this should be the first two moves of the offseason. Toler as well. Cutting Satele and Toler would free up about 6.6 million. Obviously DHB is gone.

Free agency wish: would love to grab either Alex Mack or De La Puente from NO if possible. Anything but Satele really. Then a ILB, CB, DT, WR, and RG through the rest of FA and the draft.

Why would the Colts resign Donald Brown? Running backs are so cheap and plentiful in the draft and there will be plenty of UDFAs with potential. I imagine more teams will be following the Patriots and Packers in drafting two RBs and letting them compete with a veteran. In addition to a potential rookie addition, the Colts have Ballard and Richardson. Easy decision to let Brown walk.

Or rather then waste potentially 2 picks on the position just spend a tiny bit of money and resign the guy that played so well for them this year. Why bring in a rookie and hope he can learn the system, and block well at the NFL level when you already have a guy that can. This seems like such a silly penny pinching move unless Brown wanted a huge payday.

Colasante

Or rather then waste potentially 2 picks on the position just spend a tiny bit of money and resign the guy that played so well for them this year. Why bring in a rookie and hope he can learn the system, and block well at the NFL level when you already have a guy that can. This seems like such a silly penny pinching move unless Brown wanted a huge payday.

With that sort of mentality, the Packers would have just gone into this season with just James Starks and DuJuan Harris instead of drafting Lacy and Franklin. Brown was fine this year, but he's not a dynamic running back and continuing to run him as your lead back is accepting mediocrity instead of striving to be better.

@ArmandoSalguero:

Reason some pulled out, RT @EDJENNINGS808: How can u have a GM who can't pick his coach and an OC who can't pick his assistants, just awful.

That's my Dolphins. :(

It all comes down to how well the new GM can evaluate o-line talent. Let's take a quick look at the past six years:

2013: OG/OT Dallas Thomas, 3rd round. Hasn't played a snap.
2012: OT Jonathan Martin, 2nd round. lol
2011: C Mike Pouncey, 1st round. Success!
2010: OG John Jerry, 3rd round. Started a lot of games but he's a below average talent.
2009: OT Andrew Gardner, 6th round. Who?
2008: OT Jake Long, 1st round. Good while it lasted. OG Shawn Murphy, 4th round. Eh. OG Donald Thomas, 6th round. Eh.

So for five years Ireland drafted one o-linemen per year. One of those has worked out pretty well. The new GM won't have to do much better for it to be an improvement...

So if we get a starter and a solid contributor we are already miles ahead of Ireland, nice.

bionic77

Correct, condoms. I just don't see these girls taking the pill when they are already fantasizing about the pay checks they will be cashing in. I'm sure they try to convince these guys to not use condoms too but that's where you have to have self control and discipline
You could also just shoot loads on their stomach. A condom is safer but nutting inside them is just insanity. At least have the decent to pull out and shoot it all over that whores face and body.

Not hot, she's got the ugly skank look in most other pics I've seen.
I didn't do a thorough investigation of her. But she was hot in the one or pictures people posted in here.

That time of the month!
Peyton is playing without any feeling below his jaw and Tammy has some cramps and is moody because no one of the team will return his attempts at a high five.

Truly a battle for the ages!

He is feisty but he is dumb as a rock.
If Gata took the job he would just work with Lombardi to trade everyone good to the Pats but because the two of them are so stupid it would just end up fucking the Pats in the ass. I am ok with this.

Sorry Browns fans. But I am willing to sacrifice anyone to hurt the real enemy.

MechDX

Schefty knows what's up.
no panicking going on

Jimmers message to season ticket holders

That's my owner :"")

Let me translate that for you in laymens terms:

"We have no idea what we are doing! lol We already got your money and you should be used to this by now! [maniacal laugh!]"

MechDX

I am now convinced Gil Brandt is Squicken:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...50-nfl-prospects-list?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

We've reached the draft-declaration deadline, and the pool for the 2014 NFL Draft is set. Here is my first look at the top 50 prospects for the draft. These are strictly player rankings and do not factor in the player's medical history or character issues.

1. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Manziel (6-0, 205 pounds) is a unique athlete who produced 10,000 yards of offense in two seasons with the Aggies. He has great vision at quarterback.

Fantomex

Foster making some gata decisions man. When will these dudes learn. I knew something was up with that boy once he became a vegetarian while living in the state of Texas.

Matt Leinart said:
“I don’t think it’s a great fit, and I don’t think it’s great timing, and here’s why,” ... “You look at his tenure in Arizona — only two years, he had success, and in those two years, Kurt Warner ran that football team — I was a part of it. Every single Monday, Kurt Warner would come in and implement 20 to 30 new plays which he would say ‘I want these in my game plan.’ We became a spread offense and we became Kurt Warner’s offense. Then Kurt Warner retires, they go 5-11 twice and they go 8-8.”
Seems Leinart is still mad.

Foster making some gata decisions man. When will these dudes learn. I knew something was up with that boy once he became a vegetarian while living in the state of Texas.

I became a vegetarian four years ago while living in Texas.

I don't have millions of dollars or illegitimate children, though, neither of which will change.

Top Bottom