• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 10 |OT| - [expletive] this [expletive] [expletive]

eznark

Banned
Football!!!!!!!!!!!

474492e18c6e1cab.gif

In preparation for Monday, I went and checked the all-time head-to-head record between the Pats and Panthers.

12/13/2009 Carolina Panthers @ New England Patriots Pats 20-10
09/18/2005 New England Patriots @ Carolina Panthers Panthers 27-17
01/06/2002 New England Patriots @ Carolina Panthers Pats 38-6
10/29/1995 Carolina Panthers @ New England Patriots Panthers 20-17, OT

In preparation for Monday, I went and checked the all-time head-to-head record between the Pats and Panthers.

12/13/2009 Carolina Panthers @ New England Patriots Pats 20-10
09/18/2005 New England Patriots @ Carolina Panthers Panthers 27-17
01/06/2002 New England Patriots @ Carolina Panthers Pats 38-6
10/29/1995 Carolina Panthers @ New England Patriots Panthers 20-17, OT

You forgot one.

02/01/2004 Carolina Panthers @ New England Patriots Pats 32-29

Incredible explanation from ref to Ryan Clark on obvious but uncalled penalty before Buffalo's touchdown ...
... It sure looked like Buffalo's tight end moved before the play, didn't it?

"He did jump, and the referee told me, he was like, ‘Do you see the scoreboard?’" Clark said, implying that the referee didn't care to call a penalty late in a lopsided game. "And I was like, 'Do I care?' We wanted to get a stop. We kept them out of the end zone all day. It was tough to give up that play at the end."

From this vantage point, it looked as if referee Scott Green and his crew were over-officiating to the very end, yet on an actual scoring play, they went to sleep. If Clark's story is accurate, Green should be reprimanded. That is an embarrassment.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/a96e0c72-8677-4946-b8b2-f2299d77b2aa/?source=twitter

Lunchbox

Banned
Incredible explanation from ref to Ryan Clark on obvious but uncalled penalty before Buffalo's touchdown ...
... It sure looked like Buffalo's tight end moved before the play, didn't it?

"He did jump, and the referee told me, he was like, ‘Do you see the scoreboard?’" Clark said, implying that the referee didn't care to call a penalty late in a lopsided game. "And I was like, 'Do I care?' We wanted to get a stop. We kept them out of the end zone all day. It was tough to give up that play at the end."

From this vantage point, it looked as if referee Scott Green and his crew were over-officiating to the very end, yet on an actual scoring play, they went to sleep. If Clark's story is accurate, Green should be reprimanded. That is an embarrassment.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/a96e0c72-8677-4946-b8b2-f2299d77b2aa/?source=twitter

irrelevant teams playing each other, one getting blownout

#WhoGivesAShit

xnipx

By being a realist. I hated Kyle Boller too, mostly because I bought the hype (he can throw 70 yards from his knee!). We didn't pay him 120 million dollars.

If you don't both hate and love your team, you're not doing it right.

But the thing is you fail to realize Joe is the least of the ravens problems. How about Juan Castillo? Ray Rice. Loti. Webb has been getting picked on all year. Teams never used to throw at him period. QBs get paid in this league. Especially Super Bowl mvps. But you seem to act like the ravens problems start and end with joes contract and that's bullshit.

bionic77

Had a good weekend in Houston.

People there are pretty fat but also a lot nicer than people in the NE. Maybe I was just lucky but I was a little taken aback about how nice everyone was. Hoepfully the immigration of sconis doesn't fuck it up (though to be fair I have actually heard that most people from Wisconsin are actually nice, but my experience with eznarks makes me dubious of these claims).

And can't believe that no show by the Bills. Our team sucks, there is no getting around it. Other than qb the Bills are just a better team than us and they laid a stink bomb. Not sure if it was a bad game from them or they just gave up on their coach, their team, their city and life in general.

Also, saw This is the End on the plane when my kids were asleep. Great move.

jmdajr

Had a good weekend in Houston.

People there are pretty fat
but also a lot nicer than people in the NE. Maybe I was just lucky but I was a little taken aback about how nice everyone was. Hoepfully the immigration of sconis doesn't fuck it up (though to be fair I have actually heard that most people from Wisconsin are actually nice, but my experience with eznarks makes me dubious of these claims).

And can't believe that no show by the Bills. Our team sucks, there is no getting around it. Other than qb the Bills are just a better team than us and they laid a stink bomb. Not sure if it was a bad game from them or they just gave up on their coach, their team, their city and life in general.

Also, saw This is the End on the plane when my kids were asleep. Great move.

I'm not Fat! Not yet anyway.

I'm tired of offering analysis on this team that doesn't really deserve it so I'll just start borrowing from other people. This bit from Salguero sums up some of my feelings:

Ross on Monday spoke of two committees that will advise him on what to do next. I’m not on that committee. But here’s my advice:

Ask questions, sir.

Ask why Dion Jordan, your third overall draft pick, plays only sparingly.

Why your two high-round rookie corners don’t play but you trust Nolan Carroll, who the last coaching staff figured out was not good enough but is playing despite being not good enough.

Ask why this defense misses so many tackles. Still.

Ask why the offense has no identity. I mean, seriously, what are the Dolphins really good at doing offensively?

Do they use possession passing really well? No.

Do they run the football really well and stick with it? No.

Do they spread defenses out and use their deep threat Mike Wallace to strike fear? Well, that was the plan. But unfortunately, it was Ireland’s plan.

And the coaching staff apparently didn’t get the memo.

About the Dolphins coaching staff: Offensive coordinator Mike Sherman seemed out of tricks by the middle of the first half. His team was down 15-0 and the Bucs had figured out the Miami snap count, figured out your love of slant routes, and figured out your love of the wide receiver screen.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/12/3747622_p2/armando-salguero-miami-dolphins.html

Does the Dolphins coaching staff just hate rookies or something? You see good teams all over the league who have rookies that play and contribute every down, and yet Nolan Carroll, an absolute garbage corner who fails at fundamental man coverage on a consistent basis and is also a penalty magnet gets the start every single game while second and third round picks Jamar Taylor and Will Davis sit on the bench. Why were these guys drafted? Why was Dion Jordan drafted?

Philbin and Ireland are not on the same page and it's obvious. They never have been, which is due to the simple fact that they weren't brought in at the same time. Philbin was stuck with Ireland if he wanted the job which is the reason any coach with a bit of clout turned the job down. Like Salguero said, this team needs to start from the ground up. New GM, new head coach, the whole deal. When guys like Jordan, Taylor, Davis, Wheeler, and Ellerbee are all either not contributing or not succeeding in their roles there is a problem. Part of it is coaching, part of it is personnel, but the clearest part is that there is zero synergy between the two.

Also, I haven't forgotten about you either, defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle. Your 4-3 defense is trash and sucks compared to the 3-4 D you were supposed to improve upon. Garbage.

Burn it to the ground.

Football!!!!!!!!!!!

474492e18c6e1cab.gif

Ah yes, this is familiar to me. Add in damn near punching a wall and you have the first 6 weeks of the season for me.

On another note, a fun Redskins fact about current coach Mike Shannahan:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/11/12/mike-shanahan-and-history/

Still, as of this writing, it’s hard to dress these numbers up too prettily. Here are the 10 men who have coached the Redskins for at least three seasons, ranked by regular-season winning percentage. The number of seasons they coached in Washington is in parentheses.

1. Ray Flaherty 54-21-3, .720 (7)

2. George Allen 67-30-1, .691 (7)

3. Joe Gibbs 154-94, .621 (16)

4. Jack Pardee 24-24, .500 (3)

5. Turk Edwards 16-18-1, .471 (3)

6. Norv Turner 49-59-1, .454 (6)

7. Joe Kuharich 26-32-2, .448 (5)

8. Otto Graham 17-22-3, .436 (3)

9. Mike Shanahan 24-33, .421 (3+)

10. Bill McPeak 21-46-3, .313 (5)

bionic77

Ah yes, this is familiar to me. Add in damn near punching a wall and you have the first 6 weeks of the season for me.
It is much worse for Packer fans than for Steeler or Giant fans.

Our teams just suck at every level and are not talented enough to compete. In this season where every team is garbo the Packers were legit SB contenders and they may have shat it away to a fat kid in Detroit.

Thats a lot harder to handle in my experience.

Our teams just suck at every level and are not talented enough to compete.
Speak for yourself.

3 game win streak in the shitty NFC East. Super Bowl hopes are alive, dammit.

Not really but I want to be Kas delusional here so let me dream!!

Jerry Jones on the radio today, ladies and gentlemen:

@Ianfitzespn: Coach Jerry just showed up on his radio show saying the defense needs to play more man coverage - too much zone

Good thing you brought in *the* Tampa 2 guy as your defensive coordinator, Jerry!

EDIT: Eagles update:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1h

#Eagles are bringing in WR/QB Brad Smith for a physical with the intent to sign him if he passes, source says. Just released from Bills IR

Draxal

Our teams just suck at every level and are not talented enough to compete. In this season where every team is garbo the Packers were legit SB contenders and they may have shat it away to a fat kid in Detroit.

Yeah, sad thing is the NFCeast is such garbage that the Giants still have a remote chance. Can't say the same about the North.

I agree. It's almost relieving. People have been calling for the Steelers demise for years. I was tired of waiting.

Depending on when Aaron Rodgers comes back, this year is done for the Packers. a wasted year for a team in their prime.

eznark

Banned
I agree. It's almost relieving. People have been calling for the Steelers demise for years. I was tired of waiting.

Depending on when Aaron Rodgers comes back, this year is done for the Packers. a wasted year for a team in their prime.

lol no

The Packers are still incredibly young and will lose exactly no one after this year that they don't want to lose. They'll come back healthy and be a Super Bowl favorite next year.

The Steelers and Giants are facing the barrel of a Browns-like decade of tear downs and failed rebuilds since their entire core is rotten.

Jerry Jones on the radio today, ladies and gentlemen:

Good thing you brought in *the* Tampa 2 guy as your defensive coordinator, Jerry!

EDIT: Eagles update:

I wonder if Stephen Jones still feels that Romo is the Lebron of football? I hope Brad Smith is healthy. He seems like he has a lot of physical skills but he is justb a hard guy to find a way to use. Hopefully the revolution can find a way to get something out of him.

lol no

The Packers are still incredibly young and will lose exactly no one after this year that they don't want to lose. They'll come back healthy and be a Super Bowl favorite next year.

The Steelers and Giants are facing the barrel of a Browns-like decade of tear downs and failed rebuilds since their entire core is rotten.

Maybe Ted Thompson The Great can draft some good defensive players.

Or just hope Rodgers can cover his boo-boos.

Packers D would've caved on them in the playoffs though, just like last year. The Rodgers injury just delays that a year.

bionic77

lol no

No one is ever more than one season from winning the Superbowl or becoming the Browns.

This was a really golden year for anyone to win a SB because the league is absolute shit. Next year who knows the NFC North might actually be great and the Packers might regress slightly leaving them at home come playoff time once again. Remember when the Niners were a new dynasty 2 years ago and now they can't even beat the Panthers? Remember when people said the same thing about the Packers? Remember when Tammy could complete a pass more than 10 yards down field against real NFL teams?

Things change quick! When you have a chance to win you better win because you may not get another one.

eznark

Banned
Maybe Ted Thompson The Great can draft some good defensive players.

Or just hope Rodgers can cover his boo-boos.

Maybe, it's possible the Jaguars will win a Super Bowl in your life time as well but I doubt it.

Next year who knows the NFC North might actually be great and the Packers might regress slightly leaving them at home come playoff time once again.
Maybe, but it's an absolute certainty that the Steelers will be a dumpster full of aborted fetuses fire.

The fucking garbage Steelers made retards like Gata and lunchbox cocky about their team again.

For that reason alone the Steelers should all be jailed.

Yeah this really is all the Steelers fault. Thankfully the Panthers will save us for this stupidity for a week at least.

Top Bottom