• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 17 |OT| The Sentimental Drunk

RBH

Bcwo4SHCQAEFR8L.png
:(

Narag

I also don't read people shitting on the Chiefs or Broncos a relatively easy schedule in the same ballpark as the Eagles schedule.

Dunta Robinson of the Chiefs actually said sonething about being able to beat up on bad teams is nice and all but they needed to get better against powerhouse teams.

Vman

Ryan Longwell: So sorry to see Leslie Frazier go. Great coach, even better man of integrity. Too bad they fired the wrong guy up there.

Seems like players are not happy with Frazier going

bionic77

Sorry buddy but your division is arguable the worst or at least second worst in football. You're going to have to earn that respect. Get some wins in the playoffs and then win against more good teams next year and the respect will come. We're in the same boat except without the play off opportunity. Next year, next year.
The East is shit, but cmon. The North was far and away the worst division in football. I am not really looking forward to the Packers winning another superbowl. :(

eznark

Banned
Lz is cool. Funny dude. Was explaining all the problems wrong with texans this morning and immediately switched to how much food he ate over his break as he said that's more entertaining than talking about the texans. Which it was. So there probably is some truth to y'all being bored as fuck

Yeah he is a really smart and passionate football guy, I like having discussions with him.

Tom Penny

Bortles' girlfriend is hot. She looks like a typical groupie, but who the fuck cares? She's hot.

Then again a lot of you think Anna Kendrick is average, that lot are a bunch of heathens.

GAF thinks Christina Hendricks isn't rotund and is super hot. They are a confused bunch.

JABEE

I think everyone knew exactly what the Chiefs were before the year. I mean I recall season previews that accurately described everything that happened. Easy schedule, solid roster, small hands wins gimme games, lose to good teams, get WC, lose first game. Boring team when fate is decided in August

Yet there are people yelling, "Andy Reid. Coach of the Year." "He has done such a great job in KC." No one was saying, "Andy could shit in the team cooler like Fake Chud and the team would win 11-12 games."

There is still no answer for Denver getting a pass. I guess the Eagles have to do it again, but at the same time how can you judge a team based on something that cannot be proven at this time. The Eagles can't play another 16 games. They play the teams that are on their schedule.

eznark

Banned
Lol you actually bought that shit game? Get ready to return it in 2 days. Its not fun at all

Buddy of mine likes to play single player and Smokey said it's good. He has good taste.

Why do you have no respect for the Eagles? They lost Maclin and Vick. You don't hear me using those two games that Barkley played 75% or more of the games that they lost to the Giants and Cowboys as an excuse for the division being close.

The Eagles lost to the Giants when Barkley played most of the game. Chip Kelly has done a great job with the talent that the Eagles have. The Eagles safeties have been a revolving door of shit. The Eagles lost a 1000 yard receiver before the season began. The reason why everyone says the Eagles have had all of their starters is that when people have gotten injured there has been little drop-off and in some instances improvement in overall play.

LZ knows what is up. The Eagles are going to continue to add talent to this team. You can't say that Chip Kelly is underachieving with the talent that the Eagles have on defense or at the receiver position. Either give Kelly credit or say that the Eagles healthy talent that somehow gives them an edge over other teams is actually good.

Foles playing well and starting doesn't take away from the fact that the Eagles lost their starting QB for what appeared to be a month and a half. The Eagles identifying a replacement and seeing improvement in the team's overall play should not be seen as a reason to discount the season.

I could just as easily say that the Eagles are a 12-4 team if Foles/Vick didn't get hurt and if Barkley didn't shit the bed against the Giants and Cowboys.

Give credit when and where credit is due.

The fuck does this have to do with anything?

jbug617

Banned
Here it comes Browns fans

@RapSheet:#Browns are pushing to interview #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, per source. First opportunity would be Jan. 5. Nothing firm set up yet.

So far the names mentioned for the Browns job are:

Seattle D-Coordinator Dan Quinn
Denver O-Coordinator Adam Gase
New England O-Coordinator Josh McDaniels

JABEE

Dunta Robinson of the Chiefs actually said sonething about being able to beat up on bad teams is nice and all but they needed to get better against powerhouse teams.

True. The Eagles haven't had a chance to play against the powerhouse teams. The Eagles played KC and Denver within the first four weeks of the season. They have improved so much since then on offense and defense. I don't even feel the Eagles are a great team, but they deserve more respect than just another team that "lucked" their way into the playoffs.

The Eagles are 10-6 with good and bad luck. The Eagles are 10-6 and NFC East Champs when they were expected to content for a top 10 pick in the draft.

It seems like people are responding to the "Chip Kelly Revolution" comments as some kind of straw man, because they don't want to admit that maybe, just maybe the Eagles may be a pretty good franchise that is actually putting out a pretty good product and team. That's the best I hoped for coming into this season. I feel they are on the right path.

I want to live where you live. I live in Cali and even here thats not average, unless your trolling.

But no one actually thinks either of those two teams will win it all, just like the Eagles.

That's true.

Though, I do feel that the Broncos are a good team with a chance to win it all.

Spinluck

Sorry buddy but your division is arguable the worst or at least second worst in football. You're going to have to earn that respect. Get some wins in the playoffs and then win against more good teams next year and the respect will come. We're in the same boat except without the play off opportunity. Next year, next year.

We made the playoffs. We have the worst division.

EDIT: Nvm, just remembered the NFCE lol.

And holy shit I just realized that the AFCW has 3 fucking teams in the POs.

That's my potentially mentally unstable defensive end. Pay the man, Jerry.

Bortles' girlfriend is hot. She looks like a typical groupie, but who the fuck cares? She's hot.

Then again a lot of you think Anna Kendrick is average, that lot are a bunch of heathens.

Anna Kendrick is basic. Don't get me wrong she's mad cute, and I'd let her buy me an ice cream cone, but girls like her are a dime a dozen on any medium sized college campus in America.

The East is shit, but cmon. The North was far and away the worst division in football. I am not really looking forward to the Packers winning another superbowl. :(

and yet you STILL missed the playoffs. I was pulling for you so we could take a LT before you :(

We made the playoffs. We have the worst division.

And holy shit I just realized that the AFCW has 3 fucking teams in the POs.
You were the division I thought of when I revised my comment to say at least second worst. I don't respect the AFCW either despite the playoff appearances (which mean shit in the garbage conference that is the AFC) but they are a cut above the two of you. I'm licking my chops at playing them next year.

bionic77

I hope the Chargers decimate the Bungles.
Could definitely happen.

Bungles are at home and are way more talented. Sounds like a classic Bungle letdown. The only surprise is who is going to fuck it up. The most obvious candidate is the red headed retard but the thing about the Bungles is they will always find a way to fuck it up.

JABEE

Buddy of mine likes to play single player and Smokey said it's good. He has good taste.

The fuck does this have to do with anything?

I was reading your comment about the Eagles being a team that will not improve or be a playoff team, because that "kind of luck doesn't stick."

I'm sorry if it seemed out of the blue. The Eagles are helped by the health of their O-Line, but they also have had some key injuries that they were able to have good quality replacements to fill the hole. The Eagles have had two QBs injured this season. Barkley played a significant portion of two games. Vick, the starter, was out for about a month. I disagree with you that the Eagles cannot repeat or improve on their record, because this luck won't "stick."

bionic77

and yet you STILL missed the playoffs. I was pulling for you so we could take a LT before you :(
I was talking about the NFC North!

And the Steelers are hot garbage and I am pissed we went 8-4 in the last 12 games. Because of that we will probably not fire any of the coaches or the GM and we lost valuable draft spots. :(

eznark

Banned
I was reading your comment about the Eagles being a team that will not improve or be a playoff team, because that "kind of luck doesn't stick."

You made that up. I said they were incredibly lucky on the injury front yes, because they have had only one real injury, Maclin. The Vick injury turnout out to be fortuitous. And it was also totally tangential to my main argument which was the cap issue.

I was talking about the NFC North!

And the Steelers are hot garbage and I am pissed we went 8-4 in the last 12 games. Because of that we will probably not fire any of the coaches or the GM and we lost valuable draft spots. :(

You're right, every division in football sucks dick except the NFC West. The NFC North should be good but the Lions are awful for some inexplicable reason. I mean, they have future HOF'er Stafford and Megatron, how can they possibly lose to anyone? /kas

Yeah I understand your pain. You guys really need draft picks right now and this win streak didn't help. The positives I see is that Bell looks legit, Brown has shown he's WR1 worthy, and I hear the NT was a surprise.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 53m

There’s a lot of talk of bringing the old Tampa group together — Lovie Smith, Jerry Angelo, Tim Ruskell — for the #Bucs. Would be ideal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had an awesome dream.

The Ravens traded Joe Flacco to the Texans for their first overall pick.

Why can't this happen? Seems like a win-win-win (with me being the third win).

So I never got a response back, do we normally have fancy OPs for the off season threads? I'm drawing a blank but I want to say no. We can fire one up if not or if one of you photoshop savants want to draw one up.

JABEE

It wasn't luck. They won an absolutely garbage division for better or worse.

I would be willing to accept that explanation. I don't think the Eagles are a contender as the roster is currently constructed, but I feel that they are on the right path and should continue to improve as they add talent in the off season and get Maclin back.

MechDX

Sekrah Sports ‏@sekrah 1h
Bill O'Brien has informed his staff that he will be accepting Texans job.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 16m
Teams who fired coaches might be checking on Bill O'Brien and find out he's closing in on a new job in Houston.

ron-paul.gif

-00359a9081c341d8.jpg

My coach! A tribute to Greg and white men who cant jump!

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 2m
Splash RT @jksports: ESPN has hired @TimTebow as analyst for SEC Network (Aug. launch). Makes ESPN debut Monday:

The dream is dead

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh please no. Some Lions fans are floating the theory that Gunther Cunningham was kept on the staff because he's the top candidate for the HC position.

JABEE

You made that up. I said they were incredibly lucky on the injury front yes, because they have had only one real injury, Maclin. The Vick injury turnout out to be fortuitous. And it was also totally tangential to my main argument which was the cap issue.

Okay. I see what you were saying. You would rather be in Washington because you feel that the division is more open to win. I don't know. I feel even if you believe that the Vick injury was "fortuitous," concussed Foles, broken Vick, and Matt Barkley losing those two games against Dallas and New York didn't significantly impact or hurt the Eagles.

I don't want to put words in your mouth though. I'm sorry if I misrepresented your statements.

I don't even know why I'm getting this worked up about it. I'm just happy the Eagles made the playoffs.

Top Bottom