• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

I'm going to miss Jim.

I wonder who the 9ers will replace him with. Oh and I just totally bought a 49ers shot glass for a friend for Christmas (he's a 49ers fan), man did it feel dirty. The cashier even look at me like "ugh" and I was like "I know, but it's a gift."

I'm going to miss Jim.

I wonder who the 9ers will replace him with. Oh and I just totally bought a 49ers shot glass for a friend for Christmas (he's a 49ers fan), man did it feel dirty. The cashier even look at me like "ugh" and I was like "I know, but it's a gift."

image.php

this dumb motherfucker or whoever will come cheapest for Dr. York

JABEE

Philly does it because their ballpark is in the middle of fucking nowhere.
It's still cool how all the stadiums are next to one another.

They just put Xfinity live in there and CBP is a great park to hang out at.

The place is going to be empty next year. This team is going to be bad. Not Sixers bad, but bad.

Sanjuro

It's kind of lame. I mean, I understand why they are all there. It's just a total disconnect from the city in terms of places to go. I had to go to some overpriced bar/restaurant attached to the outside of the ballpark.

Fox318

The place is going to be empty next year. This team is going to be bad. Not Sixers bad, but bad.

As a taxpayer wouldn't it have been better to build a mega stadium??

It's kind of lame. I mean, I understand why they are all there. It's just a total disconnect from the city in terms of places to go. I had to go to some overpriced bar/restaurant attached to the outside of the ballpark.

That's pretty lame, that's why people here call the 49ers the Santa Clara 49ers lol. We are lucky are stadiums you know... in in the actual city. And the city is basically a giant ass party on game day.

Mrbob

image.php

this dumb motherfucker or whoever will come cheapest for Dr. York

Interestingly, Billick was just on 670 The Score talking to Hub Arkush and said he has no interest in coaching again. At least that is what he told Hub on the air. Perhaps he enjoys his cushy TV life too much with great pay and little responsibility.

jakncoke

Banned
Interestingly, Billick was just on 670 The Score talking to Hub Arkush and said he has no interest in coaching again. At least that is what he told Hub on the air. Perhaps he enjoys his cushy TV life too much with great pay and little responsibility.

Not to mention way better hours.

Sanjuro

That's pretty lame, that's why people here call the 49ers the Santa Clara 49ers lol. We are lucky are stadiums you know... in in the actual city. And the city is basically a giant ass party on game day.

I think with football you can get away with it more due to tailgating. Either way, it's still nice to have some things within walking distance for post-game activities.

i saw the last hobbit movie today. it was pretty much boring but some of the fights were just fucking stupid. like there is a part where bilbo baggins
throws a fucking rock at a giant ogre guy and just knocks him out. what the fuck? you're throwing basically a pebble at a gigantic (i'm assuming) 600+ pound beast and it knocks him out?

then there is this other part where all seems lost and the human/elf/dwarf armies are
being overrun by the goblin guys and the dwarf leader is like "where's joey?" (joey being his cousin, i can't remember his name from the movie). Well while this is happening joey and his buddies are holed up in the castle not wanting to fight. keep in mind there are maybe 8 to 10 of them. 8 to 10 regular ass dwarves. so whatever he goes through this stupid 5 minute scene where he realizes that money isn't everything and then he and his boys stroll out into battle right as some gigantic fucking beasts and other orcs are headed towards the castle. as soon as they walk out (keep in mind, this is literally maybe 10 regular dwarf looking guys, 10! against fucking beasts that appear to be 15 feet high and weigh tons) everyone on the battlefield stops and they just start fucking shit up.
lol wtf?

then of course you have the dumbass romance shit. and how many times can they do the slow motion "OMFG WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THIS FIGHT!" during 1 movie? stupid. the more i type this out the less i like the movie. i saw the first two one time and don't care to see them again either. oh well

BigAT

My favorite part of that Snee/Coughlin article:

Kate and Chris met as students at Boston College. One night, her father, who was then the coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, was in town to scout another Boston College player. He called Kate and suggested that they have dinner.

“Kate asked me if she could bring a friend,” Coughlin recalled. “I said sure. That afternoon I was watching tape of this other B.C. player, and I couldn’t help but notice this guard who was knocking people over and clearing out huge holes to run through.

“His name was Snee. I go to dinner that night, and Kate’s guest is the same guy, Chris Snee. And he didn’t say two words throughout the whole dinner.”

I imagine you go out to dinner to meet your girlfriend's dad and it's an ornery Tom Coughlin? I'd shut my fucking yap too.

My favorite part of that Snee/Coughlin article:

Kate and Chris met as students at Boston College. One night, her father, who was then the coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, was in town to scout another Boston College player. He called Kate and suggested that they have dinner.

“Kate asked me if she could bring a friend,” Coughlin recalled. “I said sure. That afternoon I was watching tape of this other B.C. player, and I couldn’t help but notice this guard who was knocking people over and clearing out huge holes to run through.

“His name was Snee. I go to dinner that night, and Kate’s guest is the same guy, Chris Snee. And he didn’t say two words throughout the whole dinner.”

I imagine you go out to dinner to meet your girlfriend's dad and it's an ornery Tom Coughlin? I'd shut my fucking yap too.

had kate and chris already fucked at that point?

French I liked The Hobbit but your complaints are legit.

He problem is in the book the
battle is a complete afterthought
but Peter Jackson has to make everything epic

It's like a 10 minute ride on the subway to Center City, if that. Can easily go before or after a game.

Reminds me of Giants games in sf. The bars right by the stadium are so fun to go to pre-game.

Sanjuro

Better than going to Bass Pro to celebrate a Pats victory.

...is it really?

Bass Pro Shop is awesome. Chickie Flynn's is still next to the complex, that's where I usually end up over there.

It depends on the sport really too. Baseball and Hockey I love going out for a bit after the games.

cajunator

Banned
I feel like liberal-ness in Massachusetts has been greatly exaggerated.

There are numerous rednecks in that state and the majority of Boston isn't Berkeley, CA.

Bass pro shop isnt even a redneck thing. Its just for people who like the outdoors. The Northeast has a lot of great stuff to do outdoors.

Top Bottom