• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Fox318

s1HVJKb.png
Woah

Yeah absolutely, I like how Hull played hopefully he's someone that develops. Same with Fede. Howard should be back soon and he's a really good tackler already just needs to work on the rest of his game but I think he'll be a solid corner. They need to move Alonso to WLB and get a real MLB, so we'll see how it goes but this team should be stronger next year, they really need to focus on depth pretty much everywhere though, the roster is so thin.
Drafting a stud MLB would instantly make this defense so much better. Such an overlooked position but just look at how different the Panthers defense looks without Kuechly.

I'm still bitter about the Ravens getting Mosley two spots ahead of the Dolphins in 2014... At least they got a starter in James I guess.

Some people care. From a making money point of view, the average gamer did not play a lot of games when they came out, or people rebuy them. Hence, why classics like FF 7 are on a ton of platforms. This logic will always hold true. Only a minority will complain as they are the fanatics. The ones who play it all (or just like to hate 😆).

If it does come out for Nintendo I doubt it will sell well. There has hardly been any 3rd party games that have sold well on Nintendo platforms. Mario and other Nintendo games sell well on Nintendo's platforms only, when you look at the history and stats.

Your first paragraph contradicts your last one.

These games are being released verbatim because these games are expensive as fuck to make so every drop of revenue a publisher can wring from them is welcomed.

Drafting a stud MLB would instantly make this defense so much better. Such an overlooked position but just look at how different the Panthers defense looks without Kuechly.

I'm still bitter about the Ravens getting Mosley two spots ahead of the Dolphins in 2014... At least they got a starter in James I guess.

I'd still prefer Mosley ;_;, The Ravens have been screwing us for years!

And yeah look at the Cowboys without Lee...

I miss Zack Thomas...

Hunter S.

Your first paragraph contradicts your last one.

These games are being released verbatim because these games are expensive as fuck to make so every drop of revenue a publisher can wring from them is welcomed.
My first point is to say reprograming games on Playstation, xbox, PC, hell; probably even mac makes money. Putting it on a Nintendo platform doesn't unless it is a game made by Nintendo.

Hopefully, that clarifies my points for you.

Raidaz are beatable. I prefer someone like the Ravens.

Unless Ravens beat the Pats, or the Raiders it is unlikely the Broncos will play them. But, yes, whatever team wins the AFC North this year does look a lot weaker than the rest of the field.

Zeke

So Randy Gregory is going to practice with the team tomorrow. Would be nice to get pass rush help but I'm not holding my breath.

My first point is to say reprograming games on Playstation, xbox, PC, hell; probably even mac makes money. Putting it on a Nintendo platform doesn't unless it is a game made by Nintendo.

Hopefully, that clarifies my points for you.
I understood your point perfectly. It's still a contradiction- the logic will always hold true - unless it's a Nintendo platform?!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Former Heisman Trophy winner and Bears' first-round pick Rashaan Salaam died at age of 42, per family spokesman. Another gone way too soon.

Carson Wentz's 60 attempts Sunday were more then McNabb ever had in a game in his career. For comparison during his incredible 2013 season Peyton Manning never had 60 attempts in a game. I really worry that dougs insistence on passing every down no matter what is going to mess this kid up going forward. Lurie needs to step in and give the play calling duties to Reich, he has actually done before so hopefully he would have so idea how to balance an offense even if only slightly more.

j-wood

If the titans win out, and the colts lose just one game, we will win the division.

It's not as crazy as you think either.

Colts could easily lose to oakland.

Titans have had the chiefs number the past two years. We should be able to beat the jags and the texans. If we can somehow beat denver, this scenario pans out.

Carson Wentz's 60 attempts Sunday were more then McNabb ever had in a game in his career. For comparison during his incredible 2013 season Peyton Manning never had 60 attempts in a game. I really worry that dougs insistence on passing every down no matter what is going to mess this kid up going forward. Lurie needs to step in and give the play calling duties to Reich, he has actually done before so hopefully he would have so idea how to balance an offense even if only slightly more.

You upgraded to a lesser pupil of the guy you fired two coaches ago. Congrats!

Gigglepoo

Even if they win out and everyone loses, they all have tiebreaker over the Jags. They're 2-10 and everyone else has 6 wins

There's no reason that team should be under .500. They have so much more talent than the other horrible teams (Cleveland, Chicago, San Francisco).

You upgraded to a lesser pupil of the guy you fired two coaches ago. Congrats!

It's funny how much better Garrett and Gruden look compared to their NFC East counterparts.

jmdajr

If the titans win out, and the colts lose just one game, we will win the division.

Titans have had the chiefs number the past two years. We should be able to beat the jags and the texans. If we can somehow beat denver, this scenario pans out.

Yup. All you have to do for sure....is not lose to the Jags. The are the spoiler kings for all 3 teams!

Hindl

There's no reason that team should be under .500. They have so much more talent than the other horrible teams (Cleveland, Chicago, San Francisco).

It's funny how much better Garrett and Gruden look compared to their NFC East counterparts.

The Gus Bradley effect

squicken

Former Heisman Trophy winner and Bears' first-round pick Rashaan Salaam died at age of 42, per family spokesman. Another gone way too soon.

Damn. Not that old at all. One of a whole bunch of Bears RBs that just never panned out, though he did have a 1000 yard season

e: ah. Dead in a park and not foul play is meaningful

I haven't watched football in months but I came in here to laugh at the Rams

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MechDX

Then you realize they are the Titans and lose

Hunter S.

Died in a Boulder park. Makes me wonder how a guy dies in a rich city park when no foul play is involved. Damn, shame to see.

j-wood

Then you realize they are the Titans and lose

Better than having Brocket Launcher throwing shit everywhere

Cheatin ass colts:

Colts LB D’Qwell Jackson suspended without pay for next four games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

Spinluck

60 attempts? That's inexcusable.

MechDX

Colts LB D'Qwell Jackson suspended for four games for violating the PED policy.

Fucking Colts. Stop trying not to win.

Tom Penny

He needs to get on Bledsoes level and throw 70 times in a game.

Eagles should bench McCleod and Ertz for quitting sunday:

Their job is brutal; their nature, brutish. Yet they choose this life and they are paid like princes to perform, and they never turn down their paychecks. It is their job to fight and flail and finish.

The Eagles failed in Cincinnati; some worse than others.

You saw it.

POLL
Should Doug Pederson be on the hot seat?

Yes.
No.
Doesn’t matter. The Eagles aren’t good enough to win right now.
Vote Results
We all saw it.

Doug Pederson saw it, too.

He saw safety Rodney "No Thanks" McLeod refuse to hit Bengals running back Jeremy Hill at the goal line Sunday. He saw tight end Zach "El Matador" Ertz refuse to block Vontaze Burfict on a quarterback run.

Pederson saw it all. It made him sick, too.

Asked Monday whether all of his players played hard in Cincinnati, Pederson replied:

"Not everybody."

You heard that correctly. The head coach of an NFL team in a blue-collar town acknowledged that his players are tanking. Stealing money. Playing soft.

In the 215 area code, that's heresy. You might punk out in the baseball heaven that is St. Louis, where McLeod spent his first four NFL seasons, but, in the Delaware Valley, refusing to block and declining to tackle warrants benching.

Not every Eagle plays this way. A week earlier, offensive lineman Allen Barbre knocked Packers linebacker Clay Matthews out of the game with a hellacious block. Then again, Barbre makes only $1.75 million. Barbre can be cut at any time.

Ertz signed a 5-year, $42.5 million extension in January. McLeod signed a 5-year, $35 million free-agent contract in March. You have to stay healthy to enjoy that money.

Professional athletes respond to two types of discipline: You can take their cash or you can take their pride. Being benched is the more visible, more effective shame. That's what this pair deserves.

No one should be more outraged than Pederson, their advocate, their defender, the benevolent dictator who often says he'll "Love 'em up." Well, Dougie, it's time for some tough love.

The game ended 32-14, but the plays involving McLeod and Ertz happened with the Bengals ahead, 3-0, in the first quarter. Both plays could have set a more physical tone in an absolute must-win game that would have evened the Eagles' record at 6-6 and kept them relevant in the playoff race. Both plays let the Bengals know that the Eagles did not come to fight.

The question in question was the third of its kind during the Monday postmortem. Pederson clumsily evaded the first two. As the postmortem grew to a close, grizzled radio and TV reporter Howard Eskin, a visible irritant of the towns' teams for three generations, gave it another shot. Eskin named McLeod in his question; and, typically in Eskin fashion, he did not feign any professional decorum. Eskin demanded an answer with the fully biased outrage of a zealot betrayed.

It was answered with the fully righteous outrage of a coach betrayed.

Certainly, the answer indicts the answerer. Pederson's first responsibility each week is to judge which players will play best. In football, a gladiator sport whose first criteria for success is effort.

It also indicts general manager Howie Roseman, who compiled the roster. It also indicts team leaders such as safety Malcolm Jenkins, the team's unquestioned spokesman; and left tackle Jason Peters, who last week personally guaranteed that the Eagles would not quit. Neither spoke to the press after Sunday's heartless loss. So much for leadership.

It was as absent after the game as it was lacking during the game.

Somehow, against a Bengals team that won only once in the past two months, the Eagles trailed, 29-0, with about 20 minutes to play. Somehow, against a Bengals team that had allowed the fourth-most sacks in the NFL, the Eagles managed none.

Eskin used McLeod's end-zone deferral as the example. It was an apt example.

The Bengals went ahead, 10-0, late in the first quarter. Two plays earlier, they completed a 50-yard pass to Cody Core, on which McLeod also seemed uninterested in unnecessary contact. He was late to help cornerback Nolan Carroll; he pulled up as the pass was completed, perhaps hoping for an incompletion or that Core would step out of bounds; and, finally, he rode Core down at the Eagles' 5-yard line.

Then, on second-and-goal from the 2, the embarrassment.

McLeod was the only third-level defender, which made sense, since he has built a reputation as a stout tackler. He stood three yards deep in the end zone. After the snap, every defensive lineman and linebacker was blocked. A hole opened in the middle. Hill took the ball at the 7 and plunged toward it. McLeod was unblocked. He took two steps toward the hole, and toward Hill . . . then stopped. Just stopped. Hill dived into the end zone at McLeod's feet.

Hill ran 11 total yards. McLeod ran two yards. McLeod, whose only job is to stop the ball, essentially let Hill score.

There was no misdirection. McLeod just quit.

Somewhere, Brian Dawkins cringed.

Brent Celek should be just as disgusted.

For a decade, Celek has defined tight-end toughness for Philadelphia. He will retire an immensely popular player, because, with or without the ball, Celek invites contact.

Ertz, his successor, might be run out of town because he avoids it. He has built an unassailable reputation as a catch-and-drop receiver. Ertz's predisposition to self-preservation reached a new high (new low?) in the middle of the first quarter.

Carson Wentz scrambled up the middle, then angled toward the right sideline, where Ertz's route had taken him. Six Bengals chased Wentz. The closest was Burfict, a ferocious linebacker. Ertz had a clean shot to block Burfict. Ertz is 6-5 and weighs 250 pounds, two inches taller and five pounds heavier than Burfict.

Ertz clobbered him, right? Hardly.

Like a bullfighter, Ertz stepped aside. Burfict ran right past. Ole!

Was Ertz in position to block Burfict? Absolutely. Instead, Ertz actually tapped Burfict on his back with his left hand as Burfict rumbled by, as if inserting a banderilla. All Ertz needed was a red cape and some tasseled slippers.

Yes, Wentz seemed likely to run out of bounds, which he did, but what if he hadn't? What if Wentz evaded Josh Shaw on the sideline and turned his run upfield? Then, Burfict gets a free shot at the Franchise.

"He just pulled off at that point," Pederson said, clearly perturbed. "That's all I can say about that, but I'm definitely going to ask him why. Obviously, we ask our guys to turn and block."

Ertz issued a specious statement on Monday afternoon that ran first on ESPN.com in which he contended that he declined to hit Burfict because he assumed Wentz would "easily make it out of bounds" and that he believed the play was over when he reached Burfict. Wrong: Wentz took three steps after Burfict passed Ertz.

Ertz is second on the team, with 47 catches and 452 receiving yards. McLeod is half of the safety tandem that is, arguably, the most functional part of a dysfunctional team. The Eagles host Washington on Sunday.

This goes beyond statistics and chemistry. This concerns heart. This concerns professionalism. Pederson might come off as fatherly, but, in his rookie season, he has shown a stern hand.

Pederson cut Josh Huff for an alleged criminal malfeasance. He sat Nelson Agholor for psychological distress.

Benching two well-paid veterans for tanking in a crucial game seems like an easier decision than either of those.

I remember a lot of talk last year about the team quittng under Chip cause they didnt like him, and yet the same shit is happening again this year. Both guys got huge contracts from Howie in the offseason and then they pull shit like this. Just awful.

one sentence talking about how pederson is disappointed in the teams' effort wouldn't have sufficed
Are you talking about a different article? This one was about how 2 different players both clearly quit during a game. Both players also got huge contracts during the offseason.

Bread

Banned
Are you talking about a different article? This one was about how 2 different players both clearly quit during a game. Both players also got huge contracts during the offseason.
i read the first sentence and made an educated guess on what the rest of the article was about

Top Bottom