• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

The man was a prophet

Brian Billick Verified account @CoachBillick

You'll dismiss this as "Billick just trashing the Browns again" but seriously...look at schedule & find a single win. You can't do it!

10:28 AM - 7 Sep 2016

JABEE

Kinda fucked up tbh
Yep. It's also fucked up that the NFL has fines players for wearing cleats of causes which they do not sell product for.

DGB wearing his stuff probably helps the NFL's argument against players being allowed to support non-NFL endorsed non-profits.

Deshaun Watson preparing to start his career with the Oshawa Generals.
Steve Doerschuk ‏ @ sdoerschukREP 1m 1 minute ago
Official North Carolina team bio on Mitch Trubisky: "If he could choose an NFL team to play for, it would be the Cleveland Browns"
He's made a huge mistake. Supposedly Mitch is the guy ppl are saying might be the first qb taken

Gigglepoo

College players should get paid

I don't understand the aversion to that

Colleges make more money by not paying them?

I love the argument that they're getting a free education. Do you think Nick Saban would coach for free if his grandkids didn't have to pay tuition to go to Alabama?

They'll both be busts

Not much to discuss!
:(

Shitman pls..

RIP to those players careers
:(

Yes. I would want the league to blackball them. I'm already angry at the proposed situation, fuck that guy. What a piece of shit
I agree BG...

When I played the NCAA games, my go to career mode team was the Huskies
But why.gif

Gaht.
Poor Flo was just looking ahead to the draft and they executed him. RIP.
I am forever..

They still make those NCAAF games? Haven't heard about them in a while.
No.....

Socom will come back before we get a new NCAA game..

#FreeNCAAF
#PayThePlayers

College players should get paid

I don't understand the aversion to that

Seems like the NCAA wants to effectively function as an NFL development league, except not pay the players. The coaches also have no interest in preparing guys for professional play which is why everybody's offensive line in the NFL sucks.

If NCAA wasn't such a monster, a D-League/Minor League system for the NFL would be great.

We could have teams in places like Des Moines and Fort Worth.

RBH

dzcxu18gy3cx.png

Gigglepoo

If somebody Elway'd/Lindros'd/Eli'd the Browns, would anybody really hold it against them?

Does anyone hold it against the aforementioned players? Any good player with a brain would refuse to play for Cleveland. Or San Francisco, for that matter. I don't understand why the vast majority of players willingly go to awful, awful, awful teams.

Not really.
The funny thing is Lindros turned out to be not as good as Peter Forsberg and did not win a cup. Peter the great got two. Lol
Lol, flyers gave up all their talent to get lindros, and if not for his concussion issues they could have definitely won a cup at some point.

Hunter S.

Lol, flyers gave up all their talent to get lindros, and if not for his concussion issues they could have definitely won a cup at some point.
Yes.

Both were physical players that had a lot of injuries that slowed and stopped their carriers early.

There are whole articles about how this one trade affected the power in the NHL for a long time. And how it really benifited the Nordiques and especially the Avalanche.

@Reporterpete
Dozens of female students walk out of speech by fmr Seahawk Ricardo Lockette after he tells boys "men must take the lead" in society.

He was giving a speech at Garfield HS to an assembly of student athletes working to promote healthy relationships, and wound up eventually saying when a female student's being bullied or harassed, men must "take the lead."

You guys are responsible for these young ladies. You are the captain. You are the head.

A female student basically responded with "I don't need a man in my life to tell me what I can and can't do" and Lockette retorted "you can't do everything by yourself"

What he said right before the mass walkout was literally "If your daddy wasn't there, you wouldn't be in that chair."

ed: Able to post the link now http://komonews.com/news/local/form...ckette-sparks-a-walkout-in-garfield-high-talk

Also how bad is the AFC North, you may wonder today. Besides the team with 0 wins

The Ravens and Steelers are tied for first (7-5). The Bengals have 4 wins, 7 losses, and a tie

The Bengals can still win the division if they win out and the Ravens and Steelers each only win one more time

Top Bottom